Delisted Jack Lonie

Remove this Banner Ad

That second link on the first post, 2:01 into the video. Wow. Elusive, fast, and the kick under pressure. Stoked to get this guy!

EDIT: and 2:59 into that same video, holy s**t! The speed and quality kick this kid has. WOW
Just watched that same video. I literally gasped with delight at some of those highlights.
  • "Slippery", weaving himself through traffic beautifully.
  • Goal sense, was pinging them from all over the joint, even off the outside of the boot under pressure.
  • Pinpoint entries into the forward line - pure elegance. Our talls will love him - one of them already does.
Give him any old number, for now. He's more a #13 than a #44. He can get it when Schneids retires at the end of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those tweets are a pretty stark contrast with the bloke Carltank picked up
Not negative so it won't get reported hey! But it's great to see, seems like we are getting great footballers and also great people. Hopefully it builds a culture that attracts.

Lonie reminds me so much of Schneider AND Milne...

He reminds me of Schneider because of his class and his ability to kick very good goals along with setting up team-mates point blank on the chest.

He reminds me of Milne because he is a great crummer and knows where the goals are. Few goals that I've seen from his footage where he just picks the ball up and kicks it straight through the middle without even looking where the goals are. This kid is a natural. Will be very important for us in the years to come.

I also love the fact that he is a Saints fan. It will make him an even better player for us. This draft couldn't have gotten any better. Smiles all round.

Lonie reminds me so much of Schneider AND Milne...

He reminds me of Schneider because of his class and his ability to kick very good goals along with setting up team-mates point blank on the chest.

He reminds me of Milne because he is a great crummer and knows where the goals are. Few goals that I've seen from his footage where he just picks the ball up and kicks it straight through the middle without even looking where the goals are. This kid is a natural. Will be very important for us in the years to come.

I also love the fact that he is a Saints fan. It will make him an even better player for us. This draft couldn't have gotten any better. Smiles all round.

The thing is, looking at his facebook and twitter page it seems he's a Carlton supporter.

Supporter of football like Goddard or just took a liking to St Kilda cos we're down the road from him? Either way, pretty awesome things to see a (used to be) Carlton supporter tweeting about.

The thing is, looking at his facebook and twitter page it seems he's a Carlton supporter.

Supporter of football like Goddard or just took a liking to St Kilda cos we're down the road from him? Either way, pretty awesome things to see a (used to be) Carlton supporter tweeting about.
Look at the tweets tomsimpkin31 posted. Seems to me that he is a saints supporter. You could be right

Clubs aren't looking for a Milne anymore. You need to be more than just a pure small forward in today's game. It just happens that Milne was the best of the best so he was able to get by but even then, you could tell the game was passing him by towards the end.

It's good that Lonie has elements of Schneider as well. His kicking and set-up play will get him further with Richo, imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back