Bellarine League 2015 Season and off season news

footyman13

Apr 8, 2013
Portarlington
Can someone tell me where do ammos get all there money from?
Mainly from sponsors such as Hird's Meat. Wouldn't be from membership's, as no one watch's them play. The link to Geelong College tells us that money is not an issue for them, also they under quote the amount they pay for players, and a lot of payment is in kind ie. rent payments, rego payments, fuel and other allowances etc. etc. etc.

falsenine

Sep 2, 2014
Mainly from sponsors such as Hird's Meat. Wouldn't be from membership's, as no one watch's them play. The link to Geelong College tells us that money is not an issue for them, also they under quote the amount they pay for players, and a lot of payment is in kind ie. rent payments, rego payments, fuel and other allowances etc. etc. etc.
You have no idea what you're talking about footyman! None of what you just said makes any sense.
Can someone tell me where do ammos get all there money from?
To answer your question urgot without any serious knowledge of Ammos, they have a number of successfully ran family businesses within the club who donate generously to the long-term sustainability of the club. A more admirable model than a club like Newtown I would've thought, who rely on the backing of a global clothing company.

footyman13

Apr 8, 2013
Portarlington
You have no idea what you're talking about footyman! None of what you just said makes any sense.

To answer your question urgot without any serious knowledge of Ammos, they have a number of successfully ran family businesses within the club who donate generously to the long-term sustainability of the club. A more admirable model than a club like Newtown I would've thought, who rely on the backing of a global clothing company.
You've got no idea, you actually state that you have no knowledge of AMMOS, THEN make stupid statements. I have actual knowledge of the club, so shut up and crawl back into your hole if you've nothing factual to say. You've never said anything constructive or factual.

Urgot

Nov 11, 2014
You've got no idea, you actually state that you have no knowledge of AMMOS, THEN make stupid statements. I have actual knowledge of the club, so shut up and crawl back into your hole if you've nothing factual to say. You've never said anything constructive or factual.

haha easy guys, there just opinions no need to rip eachothers heads off haha. what you guys think on portalington this year?

godons26

Mar 11, 2007
haha easy guys, there just opinions no need to rip eachothers heads off haha. what you guys think on portalington this year?

Ammos do spend some $ on players but they are entitled to b/c they have great sponsors who tip money in. The general topic of $, east tend to cop it too, is when the wrong types of players come into a club, grab money and run. If you get value for money eg they play good footy and add to your playing group/ club culture then $ isn't an issue. Generally you get players who know someone at the club they are going to. It it was purely a case of a clubs saying lets get the best players around and bring them together for a tilt at the flag, then they are more open to cop criticism. When new coaches are appointed (eg. Lovick and Baurer) clubs want them to bring players so they use their connections to get them. With Street at Ammos I dont know the connection but if it was just a case of wanting less committment and getting paid well at a successful club seems like that's the perks of having good sponsors.

Port are still coming from a long way back and if they can continue to improve their competitiveness for longer that should be a win. Level heads at the club currently.

Interesting stories will be Heads and Drysdale. Which way will they go.

Urgot

Nov 11, 2014
Ammos do spend some $ on players but they are entitled to b/c they have great sponsors who tip money in. The general topic of $, east tend to cop it too, is when the wrong types of players come into a club, grab money and run. If you get value for money eg they play good footy and add to your playing group/ club culture then $ isn't an issue. Generally you get players who know someone at the club they are going to. It it was purely a case of a clubs saying lets get the best players around and bring them together for a tilt at the flag, then they are more open to cop criticism. When new coaches are appointed (eg. Lovick and Baurer) clubs want them to bring players so they use their connections to get them. With Street at Ammos I dont know the connection but if it was just a case of wanting less committment and getting paid well at a successful club seems like that's the perks of having good sponsors.

Port are still coming from a long way back and if they can continue to improve their competitiveness for longer that should be a win. Level heads at the club currently.

Interesting stories will be Heads and Drysdale. Which way will they go.

Heads surely got to be a big improver this year. They have gotten alot of recruits. Drysdale on the other hand havent heard much from there

footyman13

Apr 8, 2013
Portarlington
Agree 100%. Anyway, on Portarlington, hear they are hopeful of further improvement (aren't all teams though), have recruited well, have got some locals back from other clubs, and expect big things from late season recruits from 2014 in Biggs and Weir. Sproule seem's like a good coach, did ok with Grove and Modda didn't he?

Urgot

Nov 11, 2014
Agree 100%. Anyway, on Portarlington, hear they are hopeful of further improvement (aren't all teams though), have recruited well, have got some locals back from other clubs, and expect big things from late season recruits from 2014 in Biggs and Weir. Sproule seem's like a good coach, did ok with Grove and Modda didn't he?

Yeh Sproule is a good coach, its just hard to recruit if they are not locals, because port from geelong is a 30 minute drive. Training you would leave at 5 be home at 9-10ish

footyman13

Apr 8, 2013
Portarlington
Yeh Sproule is a good coach, its just hard to recruit if they are not locals, because port from geelong is a 30 minute drive. Training you would leave at 5 be home at 9-10ish
Torquay is a 30 minute drive from Geelong, as is Anglesea, Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove and Modewarre. Drysdale is 20 minutes. What I said is that I believe they are getting some local players back who are from Port originally, but have left in the past to play at other clubs eg. Dewey, Morgan, Davis etc. So if they now have a good coach and culture, the 30 minute drive shouldn't be a problem.

Urgot

Nov 11, 2014
Torquay is a 30 minute drive from Geelong, as is Anglesea, Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove and Modewarre. Drysdale is 20 minutes. What I said is that I believe they are getting some local players back who are from Port originally, but have left in the past to play at other clubs eg. Dewey, Morgan, Davis etc. So if they now have a good coach and culture, the 30 minute drive shouldn't be a problem.

Yeh but really is players like Morgan, Davis, Dewey going to make a difference. there not game winners

falsenine

Sep 2, 2014
Relax footyman! I don't have a direct association with Ammos so I don't claim to know about the inner workings of their club and you're from Portarlington so neither do you! But to say "no one watches them" and they're rich "because they're linked to Geelong College" are ridiculous things to say! I have a number of mates who play for them and I can assure you none of them receive rent or fuel allowances. Fuel allowances are typically for players who have to drive 1+ hours to play each week. And every single club in country footy would cover some player memberships and registrations so not really sure that's a solid argument either.

And you asked me for something constructive: why don't you focus your energy on improving your own footy club rather than going online to rubbish other clubs who happen to be enjoying their hard earnt success? All the best mate :)

Urgot

Nov 11, 2014
Relax footyman! I don't have a direct association with Ammos so I don't claim to know about the inner workings of their club and you're from Portarlington so neither do you! But to say "no one watches them" and they're rich "because they're linked to Geelong College" are ridiculous things to say! I have a number of mates who play for them and I can assure you none of them receive rent or fuel allowances. Fuel allowances are typically for players who have to drive 1+ hours to play each week. And every single club in country footy would cover some player memberships and registrations so not really sure that's a solid argument either.

And you asked me for something constructive: why don't you focus your energy on improving your own footy club rather than going online to rubbish other clubs who happen to be enjoying their hard earnt success? All the best mate :)

There just opinions guys. Whats your predictions on top 5 this year in bfl?

demon14

Rookie
Feb 7, 2014
Yeh but really is players like Morgan, Davis, Dewey going to make a difference. there not game winners
I would have said Dewey was/is a match winner but is he returning to Port? Morgan and Davis would provide some key position options and will be solid contributors. This frees up others into different roles. Weir, Dewey & Davis in the fwd half sounds ok to me. Port heading in the right direction under Matthew Sproule!!!!

falsenine

Sep 2, 2014
There just opinions guys. Whats your predictions on top 5 this year in bfl?
I can't see the top 5 changing too much from last season except perhaps the order. I doubt many would disagree with a Ammos-Torq grand final and you'd probably expect Barwon Heads to jump up a few places.

Ammos
Torquay
Barwon Heads
Queenscliff
Ocean Grove

Anyone disagree?

footyman13

Apr 8, 2013
Portarlington

Once again, a load of crap from FALSENOSE, with no facts. I'm not from any club, just know my facts. Anyway, R.I.P Phil Hughes, that's more important than any thing we say at the moment, right or wrong.

Urgot

Nov 11, 2014
Once again, a load of crap from FALSENOSE, with no facts. I'm not from any club, just know my facts. Anyway, R.I.P Phil Hughes, that's more important than any thing we say at the moment, right or wrong.

so much hate on this falsenose guy. His name doesnt do himself any help haha

Lighthouse End

Barracouta For Life
Jul 29, 2014
Hallett Cove, SA physically. Queenscliff mentally.
Queenscliff (ex player 77-84,94-97)
Nothing much been happening?? :) Anyone got any news of trial matches involving Bellarine clubs in the next few weeks? Also, perhaps now the draw is out for 20145 maybe time to start looking at ladder predictions and so on?
Not sure about Q's draw for the year. Tough start but hopefully without the early injuries incurred last year. Want to do better than 4th. +
Will be back for the Ocean Grove away and Port home games in May or the Torquay away and Newcomb home games in August, so hopefully off to a better start than last year.
Have seen limited stuff over here but what I have seen suggests Port might be the big improver this year. Won't be saddened to see the Demons rise up the ladder after years in the doldrums.

Zappas

Rookie
Sep 8, 2014
St.Albans FC - WRFL -Div 1 is looking for a practice game on Mar 14 or 21st. Looking to travel with the group for the weekend....seniors and reserves.
Any interested sides plesse PM me.
Cheers!

Glorious couch life

Mar 21, 2007
Byron Bay
#TheExers
That's old news. http://www.krockfootball.com.au/coutas-go-big/
He played mainly twos at Joeys last year.

Oh well, so much for my big scoop. The old boy mentioned it the other day, so I thought I'd pass it on.
I'm pretty well out of the loop these days, living where I do. As others may be.
I'll be sure to scan all local media outlets before posting again.