Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Masuri has basically come out and said that if Hughes was wearing the latest Masuri helmet design, he may have been protected...

Not too sure I like that...

More the timing of it than anything. If they have a superior product, they're entitled to promote it, but maybe they'd be better off leaving it for another week or so. I'm also a little uneasy about them using Hughes' passing as a selling tool.

More the timing of it than anything. If they have a superior product, they're entitled to promote it, but maybe they'd be better off leaving it for another week or so. I'm also a little uneasy about them using Hughes' passing as a selling tool.

Agreed especially the last line. This is not the time to use his passing to sell a product. Comes off as sleasy to say the absolute least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hughes' ODI number 64 is being retired.
I've never understood this tradition. Would prefer the number to go to the best player or the next big thing so it lives on and scores heaps of runs for Australia. Different trains of thought.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
It would have been nice had Hughes been 64 not out instead of 63, nice bit of symmetry, I wouldn't mind the #63 being retired too if it's not already in use

63 is currently not in use.

maybe 64 can be retired, and 63 given to one of australia's most promising cricketers? and then passed down to a player of his choosing and so on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back