Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is what could only described as a spirited debate on the D&T board about these two young key forwards.

Cast your vote on who you would prefer.

Cool, so you'd take say, Shaun McKernan, over either then.

When comparing players, I would like to compare two players who have played at the same level.
Boyd has played 9 games, Hogan hasn't played. I can't compare Hogan so I am taking Boyd... for now.

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
I'll take the aggressive one who thrives on the contest. I'll take the one with elite endurance for a power forward, outstanding footy smarts, agility and the one that rag dolled men as an 18 year old to win a VFL B&F from 13* games/39 goals.

I'll take the CHF. I'll take Hogan.

*played 15, but went off in quarter one never to return in 2 games

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
When comparing players, I would like to compare two players who have played at the same level.
Boyd has played 9 games, Hogan hasn't played. I can't compare Hogan so I am taking Boyd... for now.

You'll take the one that was exposed at AFL level ? No disrespect to Boyd, but he played 9 very ordinary games. For a player who dominated juniors he looked surprisingly out of his depth at AFL level.

He's even been very average in the NEAFL.

Last edited:
You'll take the one that was exposed at AFL level ? No disrespect toi Boyd, but he played 9 very ordinary games. For a player who dominated juniors he looked surprisingly out of his depth at AFL level.

He's even been very average in the NEAFL.

He was also 18 years old and in his first season. Not surprising he struggled.

Hogan can dominate the VFL all he wants but I want to see him in the AFL before being sold on him. That's just me though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
As a neutral supporter I would prefer Hogan .His athleticism is amazing and hard to find in a big forward.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I prefer Hogan as a player but I'd take Boyd considering Hogan's injury history.
It's an amazingly comprehensive injury history consisting of one non recurring injury that he has fully recovered from.

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hogan as there are some worrying attributes to Boyd that suggest his attitude is poor.

He looks to me to be a 15 to 26 goal type, provided he can show massive improvement.

I am allowed my opinion even if it differs to yours, I have not seen Hogan but have seen Boyd.

So it will take massive improvement from an 18 year old to reduce their current goal average to reach the magical mark of 15 goals? Don't pretend your not taking the piss

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Hogan for me but only by a smiggen. both will be high level/ elite KPF with boyd strikes me as a more stay at home contested marking beast and Hogan a more mobile version of jonno brown. If boyd reaches his ceiling he will be the better player imo nothing like him currently playing in the AFL 199cm 100 plus kilos and his elite contested marking could see a revalation not seen before. Contested marking deep inside forward fifty in an age of flooded defenses will be very valuable think tom Hawkins verse norf last year except more often

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
So it will take massive improvement from an 18 year old to reduce their current goal average to reach the magical mark of 15 goals? Don't pretend your not taking the piss
Well the kid kicked 9 goals last season, so if he improves a lot he may get somewhere in the 15 to 26 goal bracket.

He looks to me to be a kid who monsored other kids in the under 18s.

Just my opinion mate, no need to get worked up about it.

Adam H / ManOfClay next delete for another rubbish baiting post while attacking each other you both get a holiday.

I don't want to hear the " Oh he started it " crap either and it stops right now so do not say you have not been warned.

Doss
Echols

Back