Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - No spoilers allowed

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Not flaming, but just adding some context. Teasers are inevitably just that. A mere glimpse. Remember during the PT, the AOTC teaser just had Vader's breathing over a few random scenery shots and close ups of the characters faces.

The full trailers will reveal a hell of a lot more. Irrespective, this film is in lockdown in terms of secrecy like most of Abrams' films. I would assume nothing until I see the finished product for myself.
Well honestly I thought it was a fake to begin with it looked that poor at the start. And tatooine again? Really? The lightsabre looks a gimmick and worried about another CGI fest.

The trooper scene was the only one I got excited about.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Well honestly I thought it was a fake to begin with it looked that poor at the start. And tatooine again? Really? The lightsabre looks a gimmick and worried about another CGI fest.

The trooper scene was the only one I got excited about.

I'd be worried about not severing my own wrist with that lightsaber....but there was plenty in there to get excited about I felt. X-Wings over water was a highlight for mine.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I'd be worried about not severing my own wrist with that lightsaber....but there was plenty in there to get excited about I felt. X-Wings over water was a highlight for mine.
Oh yeah x wing scene was alright. Hey I loved the trailers for the last three and the movies sucked so hopefully will be the other way around this time!

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Oh yeah x wing scene was alright. Hey I loved the trailers for the last three and the movies sucked so hopefully will be the other way around this time!

Some of the better trailers I've seen in recent years have turned out to be mediocre/dissapointing/ or downright crap films (ie, any Transformers film). Man of Steel was probably the best trailer I have seen, that was ridiculous. Would rather watch the trailer than the film these days. The 2nd Phantom Menace trailer was insanely good, but I stil recall walking out of the midnight premiere in 1999 asking myself "wtf was that??" after I'd actually watched the finished product.

As long as this delivers (which in Abrams' hands, I'm completely confident it will) then I worry very little about what is shown in the trailers. I'm ready to see it now. December 2015 feels a long time away.

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
This is already the 2nd best Star Wars movie after Empire!

How about a Star Wars movie where it's just Darth Vader force choking his own men and being a total bad arse with the Imperial March playing.

That's what fans really want. Should have just expanded ESB story over a couple of more films. $$$$

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Watched it again and the Disney Exec's have their hands all over it....'plenty of references back to the Originals thanks...MFalcon, the Robots, Luke and throw in Darth's breathing...yeh I know he's dead, but throw it in...'

Having visited Disney LA and Paris in the past 5 years, SWars is like the vintage car that they bought but cant drive.

Watched it again and the Disney Exec's have their hands all over it....'plenty of references back to the Originals thanks...MFalcon, the Robots, Luke and throw in Darth's breathing...yeh I know he's dead, but throw it in...'

Having visited Disney LA and Paris in the past 5 years, SWars is like the vintage car that they bought but cant drive.
What?

There were no droids from the originals.
Luke wasn't in it.
Darth Vader's breathing wasn't heard.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

chewbacca-mtv300x250.jpg

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Intrigued by the Sith Lord and the appearance of a new light sabre, hoping for a female Sith Lord for once on the big screen as well.

Sadly, the You Tube page is full of idiotic and racist comments cause there is a Black Actor playing a Storm Trooper.. FFS

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How about a Star Wars movie where it's just Darth Vader force choking his own men and being a total bad arse with the Imperial March playing.

That's what fans really want. Should have just expanded ESB story over a couple of more films. $$$$

Almost bought a Nintendo 64 when Shadows of the Empire came out in the mid-90s.

Got no doubt there'll one day be a TV series set between Empire and Jedi.

Could be a sprawling space epic...

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Sadly, the You Tube page is full of idiotic and racist comments cause there is a Black Actor playing a Storm Trooper.. FFS

Considering a big Maori bloke got cloned to create the first Imperial army how the f*ck can they expect them all to be whities now?

Surprised no-one's put the Youtube itself up yet.

EDIT: Folk are saying it's a fake in the comments section. It's a well-done fake if it is:thumbsu:

This might be real:p

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Considering a big Maori bloke got cloned to create the first Imperial army how the **** can they expect them all to be whities now?

Surprised no-one's put the Youtube itself up yet.

EDIT: Folk are saying it's a fake in the comments section. It's a well-done fake if it is:thumbsu:

This might be real:p

This is the one I was looking at.

Fake or not?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Wonder how the film will address post-revolution political integration (rebel and imperial spacecraft in the trailer).

Hasn't been a good Star Wars since the '80s, so hopefully this one's good. But I'm cynical, this franchise is too big for the studio to do anything fresh. There will be 9000 references to the previous films. Good story and characters will be a secondary concern.

The first is certainly fake. I'm fairly sure there was a quote from Bladerunner (All these ... lost [like tears in rain]) and when Harrison Ford says "Is there room in this battle for an old warhorse", that's from Anchorman 2.
Go to 3:25.

EDIT: Actually probably not the Bladerunner quote.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Having seen the trailer. My praises and criticisms (some of which are just nitpicking)

Praise:
  • Stormtrooper Dropship snippet.
  • New X-Wing's look better than expected.
  • Millenium Falcon.
Criticism:
  • Why are the Empire still using old TIE fighters? Surely they should have been at least TIE Interceptors
  • Light-Longsword, the guard is just useless and more dangerous to the user than anyone else, poor execution of a concept.
  • Don't like the new Rebel/Republic Fighter Helmets, old ones looked much better.
  • R-Ball Unit looks gimmicky.
  • Speeder Bike/Swoop just looked wrong (very prequelesque in a bad way)
  • Not enough lens flare! ... just kidding.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Having seen the trailer. My praises and criticisms (some of which are just nitpicking)

Criticism:
  • Why are the Empire still using old TIE fighters? Surely they should have been at least TIE Interceptors

I believe it was the Universal Financial Collapse (UFC) and a massive budget deficit.

Back