Greatets NFL catch ever

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe what you say but if that is top three then it must be up against an ordinary lot. Great catch - no question. But the hype has been extraordinary. Must say I have tried to watch NFL and it has to be the worst 'footy' ever. Probably doesn't help that I just don't get it but it is so stop and sart it is terribly boring.

It's close to the best mark/catch I've ever seen in either sport.

Yes AFL players take one handlers all the time, but they catch them differently, they cradle the ball and usually pin it against another part of their body, or loop it when they catch it to take the speed off the ball.

He genuinely snatched it with his fingers, I guarentee you, I've never seen that with an AFL ball, which is slightly bigger and rounder which makes it harder to do.

The fact he did this behind his head makes it even more remarkable.

People used to get their rocks off about Jarrad Brennan and Kouta picking the ball up off the ground with their fingers, try doing that off a 45 meter torp above their head, basically the equivalent.

It's as good a catch as you'll see. David Tyree's catch for the Giants in the Superbowl against the undefeated Patriots wasn't as athletic. But it was on a fourth down, in a Superbowl, against a heavy favourite. Given the stakes, I'd rate it better.
that was in the grasp :mad:

But I'd be pretty certain a thrown ball with a spiral is almost always moving faster than a kicked ball moving end over end. But a physicist could correct me.

most definitely.

people can stop mentioning wayne carey now - this was one hand, with the flight and behind the neck.

Sums it up for me - I really need someone to sit and explain the game. I just don't get it.
what part don't you get? they have 4 goes to try and get the ball past the yellow line.

So in that highlights package there were just two one-handed marks from Carey, both were juggled and neither was a patch on this catch from Beckham. Seriously, credit where it's due, that was amazing. The other point to appreciate is that it is just inches from the sideline, if he doesn't ground both feet before touching the line, it's no catch, and it is in the in-zone so a touch down. That immediately makes it more impressive than most marks in our game. Perhaps if you combined Carey's greatest ever mark and his greatest ever goal, you'd be in the same frame as this one.

So in that highlights package there were just two one-handed marks from Carey, both were juggled and neither was a patch on this catch from Beckham. Seriously, credit where it's due, that was amazing. The other point to appreciate is that it is just inches from the sideline, if he doesn't ground both feet before touching the line, it's no catch, and it is in the in-zone so a touch down. That immediately makes it more impressive than most marks in our game. Perhaps if you combined Carey's greatest ever mark and his greatest ever goal, you'd be in the same frame as this one.

Both feet, or one elbow.

Yeah, very impressing catch....

......but I think he has been blown for long enough.

Knocking Carey's amazing feats both by hand and foot in his own right is poor. Different balls, different fields, different skills, they aren't comparable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wrapped to see Odell Beckham Jnr play as well as he did last week as I had just picked him up in my fantasy team during that week. Only problem I have now is having Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Martavas Bryant and Odell Beckham in my team who I have to pick each week, but its a good problem to have. Gordon and Cobb will most likely be picked every week depending on the opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back