NCAA 2014 NCAA - Week 14: Nov 26-30 [Thanksgiving]

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking to myself at this hour lol, back to 42-35 now - 1 punt so far, every other posession either a td or an interception.

On the playoffs, can't see Baylor or TCU jumping Miss State if they win the egg bowl given the lack of a Big 12 championship game. Impressive win last night by TCU but it was only Texas and with Miss State already ranked ahead a win over Ole Miss should surely keep them ahead. Ohio State more of a chance but I fancy Wisconsin over them in the Big Ten championship.

As a Boise State fan - Thankyou WKU!
Always liked WKU (They were my #2 team a few years back as I used them in NCAA Football. Liked turning the worst team in the game around.)

Apparently I can't quote myself but Mark Snyder is gone - can hardly have come as a surprise, A&M can only be a contender if the defense improves significantly. Muschamp must be a target, but plenty of people should be interested, the only way is up and there should be a massive influx of talent next year led by Mack with potentially Jefferson and Sheffield joining him and who wouldn't want to coach Myles Garrett

Happy with Stanford's win over UCLA.
The prospect of UCLA in the Fiesta Bowl was scary. Wanted them to lose so we could get one of the Arizona schools (preferably the Wildcats)

Does anyone know if they will televise the SEC championship game next week?
I like your chances.
I remember a year or two ago, I sent an email to espn asking 'you have no game scheduled on at this time slot, why not do a or b (referring to a Boise State game :oops:) They replied with option c 'we just managed to obtain the rights to the SEC Championship game so we'll be playing that in that time'

It's basically the one thing not covered by Walt Disney that makes it onto tv here I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we played like this all season we would be a 1-2 loss team, only dropping the Oregon and the ASU games. with the ASU being 50/50. i expected the game to have similar stats and scores but in reverse. Wish Hogan played like that all season.

Does anyone know if they will televise the SEC championship game next week?

With out looking at the guide i would say no chance. with ESPN now playing a NBA game over CFB on sundays i doubt they will show the SEC title game, and i think the SEC title game kicks off at like 6EST in the US. and ESPN will play the ACC title game. because gotta show FSU every week.

With out looking at the guide i would say no chance. with ESPN now playing a NBA game over CFB on sundays i doubt they will show the SEC title game, and i think the SEC title game kicks off at like 6EST in the US. and ESPN will play the ACC title game. because gotta show FSU every week.
Well that would be a disgrace. Anyone know the number to ring at Foxtel, to ask, show my anger if they don't show it.

Well that would be a disgrace. Anyone know the number to ring at Foxtel, to ask, show my anger if they don't show it.

Yeah because its a disgrace that foxtel dont show a game they dont have rights to on a channel they dont even run. They wont be showing the Pac-12 or Big10 title games because they are Fox broadcasts in america. Pac-12 title game alternates between Fox and ESPN every year. same with the MW? where the title game is on CBS-SN, or is that another conference.

As the American is a complete cluster**** as to who can win the conference. Ill work from the Sun Belt up for my own sanity.

Sun Belt

Georgia Southern

1) Win the conference with a win over Louisiana-Monroe
2) Win the conference with Troy defeating Louisiana-Lafayette
3) Win a share of the conference with a loss to Louisiana-Monroe, and a Louisiana-Lafayette win over Troy

Louisiana-Lafayette
1) Win a share of the conference with a win over Troy, and a Louisiana-Monroe win over Georgia Southern

SEC

Missouri have won the East

West

Alabama
1) Win the division with a win over Auburn
2) Win the division with Ole Miss defeating Mississippi State

Mississippi State
1) Win the division with a win over Ole Miss, and Auburn defeating Alabama

Pac-12

Oregon and Arizona have secured their spot in the conference championship

Mountain West

Mountain

Boise State
1) Win the division with a win over Utah State

Utah State
1) Win the division with a win over Boise State

West

Fresno State
1) Win the division with a win over Hawai'i

San Diego State
1) Win the division with a win over San Jose State, and Hawai'i defeating Fresno State

Hawai'i
1) Win the division with a win over Fresno State and San Jose State defeating San Diego State

MAC

Bowling Green and Northern Illinois have secured their spots in the conference championship

C-USA

Marshall have won the East

West

Louisiana Tech
1) Win the division with a win over Rce

Rice
1) Win the division with a win over Louisiana Tech

Big Ten

Ohio State have won the East

West

Wisconsin
1) Win the division with a win over Minnesota

Minnesota
1) Win the division with a win over Wisconsin

Big XII

TCU
1) Win the conference with a win over Iowa State, and Texas Tech defeating Baylor
2) Win the conference with a win over Iowa State, and Kansas State defeating Baylor

Baylor
1) Win the conference with a win over Texas Tech, and a win over Kansas State
2) Win the conference with a win over Kansas State, a loss to Texas Tech, Iowa State defeating TCU, and Kansas defeating Kansas State

Kansas State
1) Win the conference with a win over Baylor, a win over Kansas, and Iowa State defeating TCU

Cluster**** as their tiebreakers are ****ed
1) Kansas State defeats Baylor, Kansas defeats Kansas State, Iowa State defeats TCU, Baylor defeats Texas Tech

The tiebreaker that this would go to is 'highest ranked team in final CFP poll, however, if the top 2 teams are next to each other in the rankings, those 2 teams are decided by head to head' Considering how the results would have to go to get this scenario, it probably means Baylor gets it.

ACC

Florida State and Georgia Tech have secured their spot in the conference championship

AAC

****,I might just do that one after their games tomorrow.

Yeah because its a disgrace that foxtel dont show a game they dont have rights to on a channel they dont even run. They wont be showing the Pac-12 or Big10 title games because they are Fox broadcasts in america. Pac-12 title game alternates between Fox and ESPN every year. same with the MW? where the title game is on CBS-SN, or is that another conference.
I'm 99% sure it's supposed to be on CBS-SN.
However, Boise State's special tv deal says all homes games are covered by the ESPN family. However, they can trade a game to CBS for the rights to a Boise State away game. But does a home MWC Championship game come under that deal? Could ESPN force it and make it so? They might have a legal case.
However, if Utah State wins tomorrow and gets the title, that's a moot technicality.

Tomorrow, I'd recommend
4am: Georgia vs Georgia Tech
7:30am: Ole Miss vs Mississippi State
11am: Fresno State vs Hawai'i (Need to fill in some time and watch a quarter of something)
11:45am: Alabama vs Auburn
Upon conclusion: Boise State vs Utah State

have a birthday to go to tomorrow afternoon. so will miss the Iron Bowl, will have to watch it when i get home tomorrow night. so next weeks TV schedule wont be up till later tomorrow night. but currently looks like only 3 games next Sunday, 2 games at 4AM and the ACC title game at mid-day. but could have one game at 7:30am depending on how the championship games are scheduled.

Michigan given Ohio State a game, tied it up at 21 apiece in the third. Georgia-Georgia tech looks a good game as well, Georgia with 2 fumbles inside the 5 yard line then return a GT fumble at the 2 for a TD - should have been whistled dead that play but tied 14 apiece now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back