Nicholson, Dan
Renouf, Brent

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting rookie draft. Surprised Bampton went unselected.

I'm back out on the rig now. Have shot out a few PMs, if anyone can help me break the monotony out here and shoot through a reply that'd be great ;)

Ill have all the delistings done Sunday. Ill also automatically delist any unlisted players now that teams lists have been submitted.

Please check back on Monday to double check everything.

Cheers!

Martin pulled the pin didn't he?

Could've sworn I heard that he decided he just didnt have the commitment to make it work at AFL level and wanted to go back to working full time and smashing the local comps.

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
Martin pulled the pin didn't he?

Could've sworn I heard that he decided he just didnt have the commitment to make it work at AFL level and wanted to go back to working full time and smashing the local comps.
Going back to country leagues I thought? Or may have been someone else.

He did quit, but I don't think he really got a fair go at Collingwood, hence his decision.

If he was really keen on making a go of it there are 17 other teams out there who would've seen his VFL form and given him a shot.

Hardly a Collingwood or Bust situation.

Some blokes are just happier dominating at the lower levels. Nothing wrong with it at all.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
If he was really keen on making a go of it there are 17 other teams out there who would've seen his VFL form and given him a shot.

Hardly a Collingwood or Bust situation.

Some blokes are just happier dominating at the lower levels. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Yeah, I think he was a pretty quiet and shy type, which probably made it hard for him to put himself out there - Apparently StKilda were keen? Anyway, I think Collingwood were happy to keep him, but I think for some they can 'live the dream' for awhile, but the reality is they could earn more working full time and playing in a lower level comp.

I am sure if his VFL form was awarded though over the years he would have stayed :)

Up to date with delistings and retirements.

I have split people's lists to move those who are no longer on AFL lists out. These players are yet to be officially delisted by their fantasy coaches. Team numbers reflect the number of AFL listed players and how many live picks each team has.

There will still be about 6 weeks in the trade window and our draft will take place in late Jan or early Feb, depending on when the UF site opens for season 2015.

Toumpas+ 54

For

Freeman+39

This is Nathan Freeman haha and I agree.

People seem to think Toumpas is on the edge at Melbourne but I cant see the Dees giving up on a pick 4 in just 3 seasons.

His VFL form was solid and his AFL form was very good when you take into account the ammount of time Jimmy played forward vs how many inside 50's the Dees were getting.

With Petracca, Brayshaw and Neal-Bullen the Dees inside midfield is set meaning Toumpas can hopefully get more of the ball on the outside.

Freeman has gun potential but after 3 serious hamstrings in his first season I worry about his longevity, hence the pick swap.

Drew23

Premiership Player
May 12, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is Nathan Freeman haha and I agree.

People seem to think Toumpas is on the edge at Melbourne but I cant see the Dees giving up on a pick 4 in just 3 seasons.

His VFL form was solid and his AFL form was very good when you take into account the ammount of time Jimmy played forward vs how many inside 50's the Dees were getting.

With Petracca, Brayshaw and Neal-Bullen the Dees inside midfield is set meaning Toumpas can hopefully get more of the ball on the outside.

Freeman has gun potential but after 3 serious hamstrings in his first season I worry about his longevity, hence the pick swap.
With all my discussions in this off season, this is the first trade i have made.

Hearing lots of positive things this off season about freeman. Meanwhile toumpas has been very underwhelming.

A pick upgrade should snare me a better player with a few in mind.

Still looking for a back or two if anyone wants to trade

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
With all my discussions in this off season, this is the first trade i have made.

Hearing lots of positive things this off season about freeman. Meanwhile toumpas has been very underwhelming.

A pick upgrade should snare me a better player with a few in mind.

Still looking for a back or two if anyone wants to trade
I would say this offseason has been toumpas best at the dees from what I hear, but still has an uproad battle. Yes it is early in the offseason but I hear he is fit and showing a much improved intensity at training.

That's what I like to hear JT hehehe

Ill also officially delist Josh Simpson.

Gave up pick 29 for him last year on the back of some strong public words from Ross Lyon about getting pace and class into their team.

Simpson was given every chance but just wasnt up to the professional stantards set at AFL level, mostly due to issues in his personal life as opposed to any lack of ability or oppertunity.

Hope he gets himself sorted and has another go ala Nate Krakour at Port.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
That's what I like to hear JT hehehe

Ill also officially delist Josh Simpson.

Gave up pick 29 for him last year on the back of some strong public words from Ross Lyon about getting pace and class into their team.

Simpson was given every chance but just wasnt up to the professional stantards set at AFL level, mostly due to issues in his personal life as opposed to any lack of ability or oppertunity.

Hope he gets himself sorted and has another go ala Nate Krakour at Port.

Garlett was pick 16 for me last season :(

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Merry Xmas guys! Hope everyone is having a good holiday season.

Just a little discussion for the break. Who do you think are your top 3 players that are not in your best 22?

I haven't given this as much though as it warrants but to get the ball rolling I'd say, for me, it's Caddy, Matera and Lycett.

Caddy if he gets dual position again will be excellent cover or very handy for strategical moves. But he's not ahead of my other mids and I don't think I'd play him ahead of other similar options given the forward line setup I'm considering.

Matera if he hits the heights that he did midway through last season _will_ be best 22 for me, but again, on current drafts of my team he's just missing out to Wingard.

Lycett you could swap with Nicholls or Witts really. Basically one of those 3 guys are partnering Naitanui in the ruck and I suspect it'll be Nicholls if he's fully fit. Lycett then, as cover in my emergencies, I would definitely consider as one of my best players not to make it into my best 22.

Interested to hear everyone else's thoughts with respect to their lists.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back