Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
You would not be involved in junior development would you , still blowing your own trumpet .
Never had anything to do with Tyrone Downie . In case you didn't notice I promote PDFNL any chance I get and after all this is the PDFNL board and there are plenty of morons linning up to pot the PDFNL. .

Last edited:
PDL doing a fantastic job with producing talented footballers.
I don't have the stats but it feels like more make it from the PDL than other local leagues.
Wright, Clurey, Howe, Downie...

I can't think of a KDL player since Barry Hall.
Was hall drafted from KDFL or hdfl ??
3 in 3 years and 3 straight in state leagues directly from PDFNL in 3 years .

Last edited:

Being a PDFL junior myself and now being involved in the KDFL I see a real difference in the thinking of the kids that play. Kids that play KD 3rds seem to do so as they do not feel up to GV or SDJFL U16s, whereas the kids in the PDFL see the junior system as a real pathway and then graduate to better footy once that is exhausted. It is never a psychological backward step.

Being a PDFL junior myself and now being involved in the KDFL I see a real difference in the thinking of the kids that play. Kids that play KD 3rds seem to do so as they do not feel up to GV or SDJFL U16s, whereas the kids in the PDFL see the junior system as a real pathway and then graduate to better footy once that is exhausted. It is never a psychological backward step.
Do people actually admit to being involved in the KDL .:eek:;)

Having no schoolboy , under 16 Vic country / NSW or TAC representatives in comparison to 25 % in schoolboys and 10% in the other two would have to big part in that thinking .

Any truth that Ronald Middleton leaving Berrigan for Barooga? You'd think he'd head to Finley to play with his brother...

I read in the Border Mail on Friday that McMillan isn't a certainty to Strathy. The quote being "Pigeon officials are becoming more confident by the day that Marcus McMillan will be staying instead of returning to Strathmerton." Any truth to this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No confirmation, just gossip on here but I believe 'Willy Nilly' said the following on 21st of November.
"Thanks Herb. My mistake.
Some quality players coming into the comp next year. MC MILLAN, Shannon, James, Avard, Bryce, to name a few, sorry if I forgot anyone. Should be in for some good footy. The dogs shaping up well. Will give Purcell & co a scare. How are other teams looking for next year."

News from the kennel and very quietly kept is that 2 premiership pigeon players on the verge of signing ( probably have ). Go the blues !!!

That must be costing an arm and a leg! Had heard barooga were after Oconnor for around $2000 a game, that's coming from another I know club who thought they were in the running with an offer of 1200 a game but were not able to get close.

That must be costing an arm and a leg! Had heard barooga were after Oconnor for around $2000 a game, that's coming from another I know club who thought they were in the running with an offer of 1200 a game but were not able to get close.

When will clubs see thru the maze...that sort of money for a proven player or two from a major league is just a joke.... even at a minor league level, one or two major league recruits will not lift a ordinary performing club to a flag..Yes getting some good recruits at a reasonable cost is fine, but every week there are 22 or so players on the field come game day and some 22 opposition players..... one or two major league recruits will not be enough to lift a ordinary side to flag potential.!!

When will clubs see thru the maze...that sort of money for a proven player or two from a major league is just a joke.... even at a minor league level, one or two major league recruits will not lift a ordinary performing club to a flag..Yes getting some good recruits at a reasonable cost is fine, but every week there are 22 or so players on the field come game day and some 22 opposition players..... one or two major league recruits will not be enough to lift a ordinary side to flag potential.!!

To add to my prior post, a club that played finals the season before, retain most of their list, then recruiting guys like this would be a huge positive towards the flag. eg, Tocumwal, Berrigan, Blighty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back