Universal Love Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still holding judgement on his tenure until the AO deal is settled.

a strategy taking years was put in place in KTs early days, with assistance of third parties, and had many moving parts.

it required a complete mindset shift of the duties of management but it was the only way.

Don't get me wrong, he has been given one of the biggest jobs in football.

But if you apply to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and you don't finish it or you **** it up, you aren't ******* Michelangelo.

Excellent analogy. Your passion and patience is appreciated ;)

Don't get me wrong, he has been given one of the biggest jobs in football.

But if you apply to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and you don't finish it or you **** it up, you aren't ******* Michelangelo.
Mmmm? Others seem tickled by the analogy ... Not me! The negative anti-KT rhetoric included. I don't care how good a job some think Haysman did ... FACT: KT took over a total basket case! Within months no coach, no one wanting to coach, a club in turmoil following the death of JMac ... basically bankrupt, it was a club that seriously looked finished!!

We all sit here two years later having seen a turnaround nothing short of miraculous! An amazing 2013, and then a heartbeat away from the grand final. We lead the afl in game day experience, we lead the AFL in supporter engagement, we are leading the AFL in game-changing innovations. We are the darling club of interstate viewers, gaining national, and even international exposure like never before. We have the opposition at West Lakes in a tizz, wondering what the ***** is happening as we zoom past them as the club of choice for South Australians.

The decisions being made, even as recent as this week, with the poaching of Michael Regan, are combining together to create an irresistible force! It's not just the addition of Kochy, the gaining of Hinkley, the recruitment of Burgess, or any other individual event ... It is the collective, dare I say it, the complete masterpiece!! For me, KT has been lying on his back on the scaffold the last three years meticulously putting the masterpiece together. He has almost completed the full painting, so far it has been brilliant, he just has the "pointed finger" to finish and the Chapel ceiling will be finished.

Imagine Michelangelo at this point, and suddenly a bunch of detractors come along and say: "pffft! Who cares what you have done so far! Sure it looks good, but if you can't finish the finger, the ceiling is ****! Wow! Wow! How about we just let the guy finish the bloody ceiling! For me the Port Adelaide glass is 90% full, not 10% empty! I also have complete confidence, having seen what KT has done with the Port Adelaide ceiling so far, that he can finish the bloody "finger" and get us an equitable deal for AO.

Nuff said.

Whenever we feel feel compelled to complain about the two men leading our club, just take a look at those smiles ... And everything will feel just peachy again!

648473-90e4342c-858c-11e4-b6d1-a55c994c6803.jpg

Whenever we feel feel compelled to complain about the two men leading our club, just take a look at those smiles ... And everything will feel just peachy again!

Keith has to finish the ceiling with the guy on the left trying to add a bit finger painting on the side. Remember Pafc is not the only interested party here afc are also have a stake which complicates it.

How about:
Let's all just allow KT to finish the damned job before we sink the boot into him!
Bootsinks and fellatio can both wait though, right?

As I already said, I am still holding judgment until the AO deal is resolved. That is the thing that matters, not revenue that ignores costs, or the early loadblowing of fanboys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also suggest that people who point out the importance of Haysman in the current situation being labelled 'negative anti-KT rhetoric' is the biggest marker for frothing delusion available.

Crediting the things that have been done by others like Haysman only diminishes the 'messiah' image of KT that credits him with s**t he didn't actually do, not his actual work.

The satisfactory resolution of the AO deal is a lot more than 'a little finger' too, Tibbs.

Thomas has always been quick to point out the work done by Mark Haysman. He would know more than anyone that his legacy will be determined by the deal he negotiates. My question is why wait until now to express these concerns? This review has been going on for 140 days or so, yet it's only in this last week that he has been questioned on this thread. Generally you would expect a consistent voice of reason, unless something has happened in the past few days to piss you off, Portia?

Unless the stadium deal is profitable there's no real difference.

I disagree. If the stadium deal isn't improved, we still have a club whose identity is more clearly defined as Port Adelaide est 1870 than it ever has been in our AFL history, we have rising membership numbers, we have a fos style head coach, we're at the forefront of body conditioning and injury management, we're playing at arguably the best stadium in the league with the best pregame entertainment, we have a president on national tv every weekday, everything is on an upward trajectory.

Let's not forget how dire things were when KT arrived. How can you say there is no real difference... Do things feel the same now as they did three years ago.

Of course I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't get a fair and equitable stadium deal, but regardless, KT has been epic for this club.

Thomas has always been quick to point out the work done by Mark Haysman. He would know more than anyone that his legacy will be determined by the deal he negotiates. My question is why wait until now to express these concerns? This review has been going on for 140 days or so, yet it's only in this last week that he has been questioned on this thread. Generally you would expect a consistent voice of reason, unless something has happened in the past few days to piss you off, Portia?
People would get sick of me saying `I'm waiting for the outcome of the AO deal' every day for the past couple of years.

See how considerate I am?

And any issue I have is with KT's most irrational fanboys rather than KT; as you said, he's not the one pretending he is more than he is.

People would get sick of me saying `I'm waiting for the outcome of the AO deal' every day for the past couple of years.

See how considerate I am?

And any issue I have is with KT's most irrational fanboys rather than KT; as you said, he's not the one pretending he is more than he is.

Fair enough :) So it's more the cult of KT you have a problem with than the man himself? You're speaking my language if that's the case. The CEO is the captain, but without his crew and ship, he's pretty useless.

Let's hope he's steered us into a safe harbour.

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very casual boy. :D

If anyone ever complains about teal again I will show them this photo. Our colours are 1000000000x better than this combination.

So Ford, you're basically giving him full credit for everything good and no responsibility for anything bad?

Sweet gig.

He did all these good things by himself, but other people are the ones responsible for where we're not performing - thats a Crowsian level rewrite there.
Keith Thomas is the anti-Peter Rohde.

Agree

Agree. I have never known KT to big-note himself. He just gets the job done and, when necessary, communicates with the masses in an even-handed way. Stating how much we appreciate this man does not diminish in any way the work that Haysesman, Rohde etc or even Primus have done to get us here. I hated seeing Hayesman shafted, but that was not KTs doing and I hate seeing Rohde leave but he is moving on to a new phase. It's like footy teams who sack coaches because they are reaching different phase of their re-build (the need for the right man for the right job.) Any man who can stand up to the constant back-stabbing and bashing of the SANFL elite is a great man in my book, particularly one who was considered from 'the enemy.' KT will do the best he can, but he is dealing with an iron clad contract here so has some limitations . I just do not appreciating the kT hate when he has not put a foot wrong so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back