Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon to be announced here in the west is an east Perth player who returned a positive drug reading for last years grand final. I have no doubt he will receive the mandatory 2 years early in January and this will I hopr set the tone for the bans that will follow for the scum players. They deserve every month they get based alone on the constant denials that have come out of there mouths. The added bonus will be seeing a major rival in port lose both Ryder and monfries

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IT attracts a doping ban if you are a professional sports person :p

According to this website, none!

http://tb500.bz/

However it compromises the body's inflammation response. This can inhibit the healing process and especially when fighting disease.

http://cichirowc.com/uploads/2012-01-30_Inflammation_and_the_healing_process.pdf

facts on inflammation

Here are some key points about inflammation. More detail and supporting information is in the main article.

• Inflammation is the body's attempt at self-protection to remove harmful stimuli and begin the healing process.
  • Inflammation is part of the body's immune response.
  • The first stage of inflammation is often called irritation, which then becomes inflammation - the immediate healing process.
  • Inflammation is followed by suppuration (discharging of pus). Then there is the granulation stage, the formation in wounds of tiny, rounded masses of tissue during healing.
  • Acute inflammation - starts rapidly (rapid onset) and quickly becomes severe.
  • Chronic inflammation - this means long-term inflammation, which can last for several months and even years.
  • Our infections, wounds and any damage to tissue would never heal without inflammation - tissue would become more and more damaged and the body, or any organism, would eventually perish.
  • Chronic inflammation can eventually cause several diseases and conditions, including some cancers,rheumatoid arthritis, atherosclerosis, periodontitis, and hay fever.
  • Although scientists know that inflammation plays a key role in heart disease and several other illnesses, what drives inflammation in the first place is still a mystery.
  • It should be remembered that inflammation is part of the healing process. Sometimes reducing inflammation is necessary, but not always.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248423.php

The bold one stands out as a potential long term consequence. Maybe a player does get back quicker but the benefits are replaced by increased likelihood of reoccurrence or increased fragility. That is what seemed to happen at Essendon.

The reason I ask is has TB4 been picked out as the lessor of all evils? Will the AFL ever release the names of the blacked out substances named in the original charge sheet for poor governance? All suspensions would be served concurrently so ASADA do not need to bury Essendon for everything. Has the AFL conspired to contain the damage to TB4?

It stinks as always.

driftyhunter

Team Captain
May 7, 2011
The Beach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tokyo Goannas
Doubt that Dr Reid will ever be in trouble with the AMA, The medical profession look after their own.

On a side note, he lives in the same street as my mum, mum is elderly and he has gone out of his way to help her. I have also met him and he comes across as caring and friendly. Which makes it very disappointing that he is involved in this disgraceful saga.
Read was kept at arms length with most of the injections and was part time and specifically not involved. Hurd ensured that he wasn't so that he could continue unhindered in his bid for insta-faster/stronger players.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Read was kept at arms length with most of the injections and was part time and specifically not involved. Hurd ensured that he wasn't so that he could continue unhindered in his bid for insta-faster/stronger players.
But - it was the good thymosin!

Which in itself should then see hird sacked as any medical procedures have to have the final approval of the club doctor

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reid signed the permission slips that stated thymosin. If he was sidelined on this he should have gone straight to the Ceo or board. Or the afl or asada.

dipper86

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2004
Dimmeys
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea SSC Napoli
Bruce Reid also played 3 games for Hawthorn in 1966-7. He can't be all bad.

reid.jpg

Bruce Reid has snapped in half again. Oh, and look out the arms have come off too, and his head as well,

Last edited:
So apparently there is an article in The Australian today that looks interesting (not that I can get past the paywall).

From what I've heard the general gist is:

• ASADA are going after Essendon over a 2nd drug (name not known)
  • Talk of a coverup for a GC player. This pre-dates any of the Essendon stuff
  • Stephen Dank has supplied peptides to GC & Carlton officials.
  • A high profile coach that is no longer employed by Carlton was supplied with SARMs, Hexarelin Mechano Growth Factor and CJC-1295 by Stephen Dank.
Now this article is written by Chip so make of it what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So apparently there is an article in The Australian today that looks interesting (not that I can get past the paywall).

From what I've heard the general gist is:

• ASADA are going after Essendon over a 2nd drug (name not known)
  • Talk of a coverup for a GC player. This pre-dates any of the Essendon stuff
  • Stephen Dank has supplied peptides to GC & Carlton officials.
  • A high profile coach that is no longer employed by Carlton was supplied with SARMs, Hexarelin Mechano Growth Factor and CJC-1295 by Stephen Dank.
Now this article is written by Chip so make of it what you will.
I hope the high profile coach wasn't Ratten.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope the high profile coach wasn't Ratten.
Here is a list of Carlton Assistant Coaches. Not sure how complete it is...Richardson is high profile . . . Mark Riley has links to the Gold and was highly thought of until he left at the end of 2012 to the GC where I think he got sacked this year.

2004 - Tony Liberatore, Tony Elshaug
2005 - Tony Liberatore, Tony Elshaug, Barry Mitchell
2006 - Tony Liberatore, Tony Elshaug, Barry Mitchell. Part Time: Gary Dempsey (Ruck Coach), Terry Daniher.
2007 - Brett Ratten, Tony Liberatore, Gavin Crosisca, Barry Mitchell, Part Time: Gary Dempsey (Ruck Coach), Terry Daniher, Craig Bradley.
2008 - Mark Riley, Brett Montgomery, Gavin Crosisca.
2009 - Mark Riley, Brett Montgomery, Matthew Lappin (Forward Line Coach). Part Time: Matthew Capuano (Ruck Coach).
2010 - Mark Riley, Brett Montgomery, Matthew Lappin (Forward Line Coach), Matthew Capuano (Ruck Coach).
2011 - Alan Richardson, Mark Riley, Gavin Brown, John Barker, Matthew Capuano (Ruck Coach).
2012 - Alan Richardson, Mark Riley, Gavin Brown, Paul M. Williams, John Barker, Matthew Capuano (Ruck Coach).
2013 - Robert Wiley (Director Development and Coaching) John Barker, Gavin Brown, Brad Green,Matthew Capuano (Ruck Coach).
2014 - Robert Wiley (Director of Coaching & Development), Dean Laidley (Midfield Coach), Brad Green (Forward Coach), John Barker (Backline Coach), Matthew Capuano (Ruck Coach).

http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php?page=Assistant+Coaches

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So Lovett Murray wants to sue the AFL for not stopping the drug regime at Essendon. There we go again- blame the AFL. Essendon not accountable for the peptides they administered. Its the AFL's fault. shakes head....
As I said earlier today, it's like an East German swimmer suing the IOC for not intervening in her doping regime.

So Lovett Murray wants to sue the AFL for not stopping the drug regime at Essendon. There we go again- blame the AFL. Essendon not accountable for the peptides they administered. Its the AFL's fault. shakes head....
But they were administered good Thymosin, so it's not an issue & he has no case..... Right? :rolleyes:

cough *payout* cough

But they were administered good Thymosin, so it's not an issue & he has no case..... Right? :rolleyes:

cough *payout* cough

That sounds like a nasty cough. Best ensure the cough medicine is WADA compliant, though.

Caught the far cough while lining up in the far queue! :p
Problem was you were standing just behind that Korean guy, Far Kim, who was spreading it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back