Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrorists just have to wreck everything don't they.

Hopefully this week it happens.
Terrorists or an idiot?
The bloke should have already been in jail.

Of course the other possible reason for the press conference to have been delayed is that the SANFL have been briefed on the content of the proposed statements and have decided that they would be more forthcoming in negotiations to avoid that.
Good point ... KT said they were "drawing a line in the dand." This could well indicate that they are firing a warning salvo over the SANFL's bows! Basically saying ... "Come to the party now, or we go public next week with a combined Port/Crows presser!"

Terrorists or an idiot?
The bloke should have already been in jail.

He had the cash to both pay for clearly adroit legal representation and make bail. The class legal system working as designed.

Soooo. Maybe tomorrow? :$

It's like waiting for Santa - trying to figure out if you have been good enough and if that remote-control helicopter was on special at Big W.

Maybe the Press Conference was to announce that there would be no press Conference ? :)

Sorry but it is day one hundred and fifty something.

It was good to see KT respond to Pemberthy's ill informed and one sided argument. I always wondered what the PAFC's contribution to the SANFL via Football Park was over the years and $70M sounds a tad conservative to me but the point is that ill informed journos like Pemberthy are only ever interested in what sells papers and if that is a one sided argument so be it. I think KT might have gone further and called for a right of reply from the Monopoly Times.
It is one thing to put the facts before the converted but another to even the account in a public forum but that did not happen and we move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the Press Conference was to announce that there would be no press Conference ? :)

Sorry but it is day one hundred and fifty something.

It was good to see KT respond to Pemberthy's ill informed and one sided argument. I always wondered what the PAFC's contribution to the SANFL via Football Park was over the years and $70M sounds a tad conservative to me but the point is that ill informed journos like Pemberthy are only ever interested in what sells papers and if that is a one sided argument so be it. I think KT might have gone further and called for a right of reply from the Monopoly Times.
It is one thing to put the facts before the converted but another to even the account in a public forum but that did not happen and we move on.
Have wondered myself. Thr SANFL nuff nuffs always bitch and moan about the money they sent to Port ie the 16mil but the revenue that he $ANFL took from the top was never mentioned. So 70mil - 16.25mil means even with the money that the SANFL sent to Port they are still 53.75mil in front.

Thats not bad and now the SANFL are crying poor. Well maybe its just Penberthy. But s**t you would have to ask where the * 50mil went.

We need to remember that $70M was income over a 20 year period. There is also the inflation factor as 1M in the 1970s was probably worth a lot more than 1M in is today's environment.

In terms of KT's statement I have to agree that the 'line in the sand' reference is pretty ominous. It very much sounds as if both AFL Clubs have had enough. I am not too sure what they have planned.

The 70 mill sounds like the most conservative figure based on standard spend of a spectator. It probably doesn't include the naming rights to the stadium that playing AFL there gained them, the corporate facilities the SANFL were able to take from, the parking money and ticket takings they also took from, etc.

I love that even with a very vague figure though, and not even going into specifics we are able to highlight our massive and excessive contribution. Really IMO, $6-8 million a year from the PAFC and $8 million from the AFC should've been enough to fund game development in this state, but clearly given the amount of revenue the SANFL are generating they are taking a lot more than that out of the AFL footy.

We need to remember that $70M was income over a 20 year period. There is also the inflation factor as 1M in the 1970s was probably worth a lot more than 1M in is today's environment.

Putting that into context:

AAMI stadium cost around $6M to build in the early 70s

Day 153 - I'm guessing no announcement until next week..

Along what lines is the Press Conference remoured to take ?
Outing of the SANFL, Money, deals , TV rights , competition ?
Again , sorry soo far away from the politics of the comp.
Did enjoy my week home last week , always good to come back even for a short time

The average attendance at Adelaide Oval Home games in 2014 was:
Crows 48,046 (54,249 members)
Power 44,521 (48,968 members)
The distribution was
SANFL 14.9M
Crows 12.86M
Power 9.75M

There will be a reason but I have to ask how an extra 38,775 in total attendance equates to $3.15M. My elementary maths indicates that the return to Adelaide Football Club was $24.34 per patron whereas the return to the Port Adelaide football Club was $19.90 per patron.

I suspect that corporate sales are included in the distribution and the Crows probably have higher return in that regard. I also suspect that catering will also figure in it as the Clubs get a percentage of catering when the attendance is over 40,000 and the Crows had eleven 40,000+ attendances whereas Port had nine. Even taking those factors into account a difference in returns of 24% is pretty significant.

Someone will have answers.

We don't know how they've come up with those figures.

Forget the SANFL for a moment. The difference in distribution to the clubs doesn't make sense when looking just at spectator numbers. Obviously it includes more than just that. We do know they did better than us wrt corporate facilities so that may be included. In that case the SANFL share could also include stuff that we don't have a right to.

Unfortunately the devil is in the detail and at this stage we don't have a clue what those details are.

Article in the local Messenger newspaper about the West Adelaide Football Club trying to get the local council to defer payment of a $200K debt so that the club does not become insolvent. The article finishes with this paragraph;

"The SANFL this week would not provide detail on whether it would give money from the sale of AAMI Stadium to the clubs."

So we have a situation where the SNAFL is gouging money out of the AO deal and also reaping megabucks from the sale of its assets at West Lakes while numerous SNAFL clubs are on the verge of bankruptcy. I'm sure Wee Licker is happy he got out with his golden handshake in time. :rolleyes:

Article in the local Messenger newspaper about the West Adelaide Football Club trying to get the local council to defer payment of a $200K debt so that the club does not become insolvent. The article finishes with this paragraph;

"The SANFL this week would not provide detail on whether it would give money from the sale of AAMI Stadium to the clubs."

So we have a situation where the SNAFL is gouging money out of the AO deal and also reaping megabucks from the sale of its assets at West Lakes while numerous SNAFL clubs are on the verge of bankruptcy. I'm sure Wee Licker is happy he got out with his golden handshake in time. :rolleyes:

West, Glenelg and South should merge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back