HeroQuest

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Used to love this game. Was randomly reading up about in on the web when I noticed a 25th Anniversary Edition with new rules etc was planned for last year, but they ran into Intellectual Property / funding issues or something like that.

Reading now it's hard to tell if it is still planned or it's just a bunch of crowdfunders hoping for it. ANyone in the know?

They ran it on Kickstarter, someone camping on part of the IP who may or may not have had legitimate grounds filed a complaint and Kickstarter shut it down. The american company had some kind of limited legal right to the name "Hero Quest" because they had a product of the same name, but entirely different in composition, and they tried to abuse the US court system to enforce that limited American right world-wide. KS caved being resident in NYC, USA, the EU doesn't give a s**t.

So, being a Spanish company, they moved the project to a Spanish crowd funding site which was beyond the reach of any kind of American legal threat, where it successfully funded. What happened since then I can't tell you.

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Used to bring the game to primary school at the end of a year. All I remember were the arguments over rules and me creating sounds for all the green and grey enemies while the arguments raged on.

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
The spanish crowdfunding for the Heroquest 25th is still proceeding, so you'll be able to find a copy somewhere soon enough i'd imagine.

I lost interest once the english one fell through, and just recently i kickstarted Mantic's dungeon crawler Dungeon Saga - The Dwarf King's Quest, which seems like a very similar game. Looks great so far too!

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
I could stand to wait a while, I need a new job before I can start adding on extras
I'm not going overboard on this one. As long as i get all the non legendary characters and the expansions i'm happy. Still, even that comes in at a bit over $200.

These kickstarters come with so much included that it's hard to work out what you want, what you're getting and what you need!

Adsso

Rookie
Dec 18, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I loved this game and there was another called Space Crusade..

I play Taslisman at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
wow forgot about that game

Hero Quest..cant remember who was the most useful, elf dwarf warrior or the wizard guy

Best was debatable, but when i played, the Dwarf was always last picked.

He was even mocked in a weird cult black comedy "The Strange Calls" on ABC a few years back by Barry Crocker's character mentioning "he doesn't even have any spells"

Last edited:

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
Got a complete copy off ebay just before every man and his dog was trying to find it.

Now I can't afford to get replacement pieces for the half-dozen characters with broken weapons.

If it came with Hero Quest Advance and the expansions, I might be tempted.

Got a complete copy off ebay just before every man and his dog was trying to find it.

Now I can't afford to get replacement pieces for the half-dozen characters with broken weapons.

If it came with Hero Quest Advance and the expansions, I might be tempted.
There was a full set with expansions that went for about $350 a few months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back