Accused Aussie Drug Smuggler In China

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly another young Australian stands accused of drug smuggling overseas. In the latest case, the accused is a young blonde female suspected of trafficking ice (meth).

If the accused is found guilty under Chinese law, they can expect capital punishment implemented by a firing squad.

Whilst I'm not privy to the facts of the case, it's another sad reminder about drug trafficking overseas & the scourge that is ice.

I usually peg people straight away for being guilty but in this case I'm not so sure. I can't rule out that she was unaware of the purpose of the trip and the guy she was with used her as cover.

Facts will come out soon. Will be interesting to see if she's been unwittingly caught up in this. Family are doing the right thing and keeping a low profile. Whatever has happened I hope she gets another chance.

I will wait until the facts come to light, but if convicted, then it will be hard to stomach for the Australian public.
On one hand we have a beautiful young girl - apparently from a great family - who could be facing the death penalty.
On the other hand, if convicted of smuggling such quantities - it cannot be ignored the damage these drugs would cause if they hit the mainland.
I think the family are definitely doing the right thing, I really feel for them atm.

So apparently if you’re caught with > 50 grams of ice in China, then the death penalty potentially comes into play. 75 kilograms is, therefore, an obscene amount to be caught with. They’re in some deep, deep water.

So apparently if you’re caught with > 50 grams of ice in China, then the death penalty potentially comes into play. 75 kilograms is, therefore, an obscene amount to be caught with. They’re in some deep, deep water.
It's a ridiculous quantity to be accused of but it seems there maybe more than just the 2 of them accused. Shocking position to be in no matter what. How do you get roped in to that anyhow?

Reports are saying that she has been done over by her boyfriend? Especially sad if true.
Her friends are saying that so it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. There has been no indicative evidence either way so we have to wait. My gut tells me there's a chance she may be a victim.

It's a ridiculous quantity to be accused of but it seems there maybe more than just the 2 of them accused. Shocking position to be in no matter what. How do you get roped in to that anyhow?
To put this in perspective:

Approx street value in Australia: $37.5m
Wholesale value in Australia: $7.5m
Wholesale value in China: The above to figures are reasonably accurate. No idea what you get it for wholesale but I'd suggest maybe between 10-20%. So anywhere between $750k and $1.25m

This 25 year old punk would be unlikely to be that big a player. He's more of a low level recruit in a Syndicate. Maybe a try hard gangster. Maybe a Scott Rush. Maybe an Andrew Chan.

Did he recruit the "young girl"? (let's not use her name as to not draw attention) Is she an addict? Is he her new boyfriend and she thought she was just going to China?

I'd say the media are already putting the pieces together and doing the right thing by keeping it low profile.

Incredible that she has been released without charge. Excellent news for her & her family. I wonder how they proved her innocence so quickly? Brilliantly done.

I wonder how they proved her innocence so quickly?
My guess:

AFP are in on it. They have either delivered the case to China Police or are heavily involved. They have been tracking the drug syndicate for some time and know who the players are and know she's not involved. Because of their hands on involvement it was easy to convince Chinese authorities that she wasn't a player.

She's done extraordinarily well to prove she's innocent on a death sentence drugs charge so quickly. Very happy for her and her family but I'd love to know how she proved it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's done extraordinarily well to prove she's innocent on a death sentence drugs charge so quickly. Very happy for her and her family but I'd love to know how she proved it!
Being "young,blonde and innocently australian" always helps in the medias eyes when judging somebody.
Cant believe {unless proven mentally incapable}that any person from our society doesnt know the never carry somebody else's bag on a plane or customs check.
2 bags with 15 KG's sealed with superglue and presented at customs.
Really some people should be goaled for stupidity.
I have a feeling the government is in the middle of some negotiations involving trade,and that has led to an easy getaway for this fool.

She's certainly very lucky.
Meanwhile another Aussie has been caught in KL with 1.5kg of ice. I just don't get why people get sucked in to these things. Claiming she's been set up.
http://www.news.com.au/national/sydney-woman-maria-elvira-pinto-exposto-faces-death-penalty-after-being-allegedly-caught-with-15kg-of-ice-at-kuala-lumpurs-international-airport/story-fncynjr2-1227155801648

Here's what I believe... I think that 90 odd percent of people are probably getting through and making some serious coin.

A person with a good life wouldn't even consider such a thing.

However if ur a person with not much going for you, no real prospects, maybe depressed and you have nothing much to lose...u might role the dice of becoming rich or having a stint in jail. These individuals that take part is this kind of activity may have possibly seen or know others that have prospered significantly from such activity.

Oh and im not referring to this particular case, im speaking generally.

I don't know much about this case but I am thinking the 'boyfriend' was a low level player in a syndicate and he tricked her via tinder..probably a young good looking bloke.

Last edited:
She should of been done as an accessory. She would of been very well aware of his luggage. Alarm bells should of started ringing when she was asked to carry what she did.

the most plausible excuse for her release would be she dobbed him in or is an under cover officer.

Name of Kalynda, met a guy on Tinder, works in retail, yet took a 3 day trip to China, yeah she is either the dumbest person going around, or at a minimum she had some idea that something dodge was going on.
Good looking,blonde haired innocent aussie chicks DONT do those types of things.

The Aussie Grandma in Thailand apparently was done over by the ever popular Fake Military Scam. Absolute campaigners these people but she certainly was gullible at the minimum.

Name of Kalynda, met a guy on Tinder, works in retail, yet took a 3 day trip to China, yeah she is either the dumbest person going around, or at a minimum she had some idea that something dodge was going on.
Not necessarily. All he had to do was tell her he was going for business and did she want to come? He tells her he is going to visit client and returns later. He may have used her as cover or to put stuff in her bags.

Not necessarily. All he had to do was tell her he was going for business and did she want to come? He tells her he is going to visit client and returns later. He may have used her as cover or to put stuff in her bags.
So how many times in this life of yours? has somebody met you and offered an overseas trip?
Ballpark figures will do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back