Cool diy stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 5, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Over the christmas break I built myself this kegerator after seeing a few of them online and thinking they were pretty cool.

I really enjoyed making it so spent a bit of time on instructables.com looking for something else to occupy my time over the off season and started building a mame cabinet. I still have a few bits of acrylic to cut and a bit of painting to do but its nearly finished.

What's everybody else working on / done / seen that is pretty cool?

Like the kegerator.

You brewing your own on site, or at a brew your own place?

How often do you clean the lines?

Yeah I brew at home. Just extract but it isn't hard to make good beer if you go beyond the basic kit and kilo stuff. Fresh hops and extra malt make a big difference.

I made a weed sprayer party keg (not my idea people have been doing it for years) but I added corny posts to it. So I just have one of them full of cleaning solution sitting in the kegerator and run it through usually the morning after or just before I have a beer. I'm pretty lazy. It only takes about 3-400 ml to clean it pretty well. Also I have a spray bottle full of starsan to spray them all before I use them but I don't often do it.

So I finished the arcade machine...

Then, the glass on our crappy outdoor table shattered a couple of weeks ago so I took the opportunity to build myself a new outdoor table using 100 year old jarrah floorboards :)

It's a little hard to get a reference for size but its 3100 long by 1500 wide.

volcanic rock with gas fire for a bit of cool-ness.

If these type of posts continue, there is no way in hell I am letting my wife see this thread. Nice work!

Maybe I should start a "Cool stuff you have purchased recently." thread. That is more my want.

Edit: Girth is underrated.

It's a little hard to get a reference for size but its 3100 long by 1500 wide.

http://s49.photobucket.com/user/WIGARUS/media/Mobile Uploads/20140301_183913.jpg.html

volcanic rock with gas fire for a bit of cool-ness.

I love your shed and I want something like that. Only I'd have to tidy it up a bit, with a place for everything and everything in it's place. I'm very limited for space for my DIY work space, I find I have to put stuff back in it's spot after use or the whole thing gets too cluttered.

I love your shed and I want something like that. Only I'd have to tidy it up a bit, with a place for everything and everything in it's place. I'm very limited for space for my DIY work space, I find I have to put stuff back in it's spot after use or the whole thing gets too cluttered.

It's not normally that messy, I have a classic car and a motorbike that I usually park in there and I am still able to use my lathe and mill while they are in there.

I think the biggest problem was that the table was very big, once I had made the top, it was too heavy for me to move so I had to make the legs and lift the top onto the table and fix them in situ. Also I had a couple of chairs in there out of the rain and stuff.

I had to make up a frame with a couple of 50kg castor wheels on it, jack the table up and place the wheels under so I could move it out of the shed.

It's funny to look at that photo of the kegerator up there because I did a few small mods so that I could fit 4 kegs at a time in and changed it to led strip lighting and I reckon it looks way better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I've been doing a bit of a project myself. Not as flamboyant as the above. Just a few simple chairs and a two-seater for the family room.

Chair4_zpsa3885c7a.jpg

Chair1_zps691f2f1c.jpg

Lots of fiddly dowel joints in that lot. I made myself a crude dowel jig that sort of worked ok. I'm now working on a making myself a proper dowelling jig on it's own table to get it super-precise. No pics of that yet.

How long did it take you to make one? I was originally going to make individual chairs for my outdoor table but decided on bench seats because I think I'd never end up finishing.

Probably about 15 hours to do the first one. About half that to do the second. But spread out over a month each because I only get to do 3-4 hours at a time.

Latest project, since the end of the footy season. Little coffee table for games. The middle of the table pops out and flips over, it has a chess board on one side and a Stratego board on the other. This just a loose fitting of all the peices, still a bit of tweeking and finishing to do. Plus mount a drawer underneath to hold the playing pieces. But you get the idea.

Chesstable16_zps62122b35.jpg

Chesstable18_zps449694a7.jpg

Got given a kit birdcage about 12 months ago, is still sitting in the backyard unfinished because I can't work out how to put the ****ing thing together.

Feel free to post some photos of the parts here, I'm sure between all of us we could work it out.

Feel free to post some photos of the parts here, I'm sure between all of us we could work it out.
haha nah I don't wont embarrass myself plus it's not really something you could see on a photo, I swear nothing on the aviary fits properly as it should on it. It's also not like I'm a complete idiot with using my hands as I'm an electrician.

Latest project, since the end of the footy season. Little coffee table for games. The middle of the table pops out and flips over, it has a chess board on one side and a Stratego board on the other. This just a loose fitting of all the peices, still a bit of tweeking and finishing to do. Plus mount a drawer underneath to hold the playing pieces. But you get the idea.

Chesstable16_zps62122b35.jpg

Chesstable18_zps449694a7.jpg
Awesome chess table. One game I've never gotten the hang of. I don't have the strategic nous.

I promised you some photos two months ago. Only been getting in a couple of hours each weekend, so progress has been slow. Just about at the final sanding and prep before varnishing.

TV%20Cabinet%208_zps7j1tfoxn.jpg

TV%20Cabinet%207_zpseywrgqex.jpg

When I finish, I need to buy a bigger TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back