VFL player movements 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping some astute VFL followers might know how a few young De La Salle blokes are traveling at Collingwood VFL. Tom Humphrey, who won the club B&F and is in the best handful of players in the VAFA, appears the most likely to make an impact at VFL level. Adrian Indovino and Charlie Haley are talented young players with plenty of potential. When do VFL clubs generally finalise their lists?

Hoping some astute VFL followers might know how a few young De La Salle blokes are traveling at Collingwood VFL. Tom Humphrey, who won the club B&F and is in the best handful of players in the VAFA, appears the most likely to make an impact at VFL level. Adrian Indovino and Charlie Haley are talented young players with plenty of potential. When do VFL clubs generally finalise their lists?
Humphrey is probably the least talented of the three ironically, but easily the hardest worker. Charlie could definitely make it. Extremely talented.

Humphrey is probably the least talented of the three ironically, but easily the hardest worker. Charlie could definitely make it. Extremely talented.

Thanks for the info and very prompt response. I have seen a bit of these 3 play. All have talent but for mine Humphrey is easily the best of the trio, certainly in match situations. Agree the other 2 probably have better skills but miles behind Humphrey in toughness and the ability to just win the footy. Having said that all 3 are young and could be decent VFL players. As much as it will hurt De La I hope they all make it. Any idea when VFL clubs finalise their lists?

Last edited:
Yep, I'd agree with all that. Not sure, think it's January

Cheers mate. Clearly you are the oracle of all things VFL and I appreciate the info. I'll follow their progress with interest.

Quite a few other VAFA young guns also having a crack at the VFL next season. Good to see these young blokes testing themselves at a higher level.

Cheers mate. Clearly you are the oracle of all things VFL and I appreciate the info. I'll follow their progress with interest.

Quite a few other VAFA young guns also having a crack at the VFL next season. Good to see these young blokes testing themselves at a higher level.
I'm not as good as Yoda_ but I try to keep abreast of it all. I'm a De La Old Col so I have some contacts within the club.

Quick List of Coburg signings announced:

Tom Goodwin and Tom Miles (Box Hill)
Aaron Christensen, Josh Cauchi, James Latham, Michael Tang, Ricky Schraven, Tom Donoghue (Calder Cannons)
Cameron Barrett (Bendigo Pioneers)
Mark Orr (Western Jets)
Matt Huckstepp (Greenvale/Western Jets)
Robbie Fox and Anthony Prestia (Aberfeldie)
James Kroussoratis (Eltham)
Dean MacDonald (Richmond/Morwell)
Josh Iacobaccio and Liam Hunt (Northern Knights)
Keenan Posar (Northern Blues)
Abdi Fitaax (West Coburg)
Lachie Johns and Rory Lehmann (Vermont)
Tom Gleeson (Footscray)

Plus all players we've really wanted to keep have returned with the exception of Adam Saad who has been drafted to the Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This off season has seen more delisted AFL players sign with VFL clubs - there is no doubt that the competition will be even more even than ever in 2015. Sandringham and the Casey Scorpions have definitely boosted their VFL lists and with both their AFL clubs with young emerging lists will improve in 2015. Coburg have improved the quality of their list and will improve agin next year. Port Melbourne have lost eight starting 18 players but they have recruited heavily in the off season - they are certain finalists again. Williamstown has had the most settled squad over summer with high retention and added some quality players and will be certain top 8 club again. Essendon have recruited quality in their VFL squad and will be a big improver and push for top 4 status. Footscray and Box Hill will again be quality sides with strong VFL squads to complement their AFL talent. Richmond's VFL squad last year was horrid - lack of quality and no pace - what will they come up with in 2015 ? Collingwood is always thereabouts and have a number of their unheralded VFL players approaching 50 games which is important. Werribee has been inactive in the pre season which is interesting whilst North Ballarat have recruited some quality and have a very promising young group who improved dramatically in 2014. Geelong has a very solid VFL group but team balance could be an issue as the Cats have a lot of tall players on their AFL list. Unfortunately I see Frankston struggling in 2015.

Werribee have picked up a couple of young players fromTasmania.
Mitch Van Den Berg who captained and played CHF for North Launceston who won the flag last season and was in the TSL team of the year in 2013.

Matt Hanson 19 year old who finished 2nd in the Alistair Lynch medal (comp best and fairest) and was one of the best players for runners up western Storm this year.

How is Port Melb travelling?? Is Toby Pinwell and Pleming going around again?
What would Toby be worth in local footy, as he would be the best recruit in local as tough and fearless. Ok and a bit mad over the white line. Guessing $2000 a game plus sign on.,

Hearing Port tried hard to get Brock McLean and also Patty Veszpremi from Pascoe Vale.. Both decided on local footy.,

How is Port Melb travelling?? Is Toby Pinwell and Pleming going around again?
What would Toby be worth in local footy, as he would be the best recruit in local as tough and fearless. Ok and a bit mad over the white line. Guessing $2000 a game plus sign on.,

Hearing Port tried hard to get Brock McLean and also Patty Veszpremi from Pascoe Vale.. Both decided on local footy.,
Port will win the flag next season, I'm sure of it. Their forward line has Lisle, Cook, Haretuku and Connors. Scary stuff.

Port will win the flag next season, I'm sure of it. Their forward line has Lisle, Cook, Haretuku and Connors. Scary stuff.

Thanks for your reply mate.,just a quick one I think Cook is overrated., hopefully he goes well as he is still young.,

For Footscray:

IN: Alex Greenwood (Western Bulldogs), Mark Austin (Western Bulldogs), Meyrick Buchanan (Werribee), Josh Wallis (St Bernard's/Calder Cannons), Mitch Hannan (St Bernard's), Liam Nash (Gippsland Power), Rod Crowe (Balwyn) and Tom Sharp (Uni Blacks).

There's also rumours that Simon Beasley's son Will has given up rowing and will play with Footscray this year but that's unconfirmed.

OUT: Lukas Markovic, Tom Gleeson, Hayden Walters, Will Sullivan, Jordan Keras, Nick Lower.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back