Discussion Random Chat MegaThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what about the New Zealand T20 domestic, their crowds were so massive, i think they averaged in the tens, lifted by the 20 for the grand final.
In Australia, the BBL is over hyped. It's cricket Australia's attempt to replicate the IPL, and its not working. In other places around the world there is large amounts of interest for this style of competition, but here.

This is evident by how cheap memberships are.

In Australia, the BBL is over hyped. It's cricket Australia's attempt to replicate the IPL, and its not working. In other places around the world there is large amounts of interest for this style of competition, but here.

This is evident by how cheap memberships are.

I disagree that it's not working. I'd say they've absolutely nailed the format. They're getting bigger crowds to domestic games than they've ever gotten. They've got local derbies. They've got big name internationals and the presentation is pretty good in general.

It can't compete with the IPL because it doesn't have the financial power, but in terms of a domestic T20 competition, it's a big improvement from the state based stuff and i'd bet that Cricket Australia are very pleased with themselves in general. They'd be making a killing off of T20 cricket.

As NM_Mitchell says, domestic hit and giggle is the perfect place for T20 cricket and it takes itself exactly as seriously as it should.

Edit: I have basically zero interest in T20 cricket. I don't watch it unless i'm going to a game or i'm somewhere where it's on anyway. But i'm pretty impressed with how Cricket Australia run the Big Bash.

I just can't stand Ponying as a commentator. Something about pisses me off to no end
Really? Personally I think he's quite good and adds relevant and interesting comments. Who does annoy me is bloody Andy Maher. He get's waaay too excited to be taken seriously.

Really? Personally I think he's quite good and adds relevant and interesting comments. Who does annoy me is bloody Andy Maher. He get's waaay too excited to be taken seriously.
Mark Howard is way better than Maher. Luckily Sir Viv still commentates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back