Australia vs India - Second Test @ GABBA - Dec 17-21 - Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, he has been bowling as well as anyone in the Shield this year (taking wickets and being miserly with the runs). Was bowling well in the limited overs cup, and has a great ODI record too. He's got the quality, just somehow can't convert it to Test cricket.

He's also 6'6" and can bowl 145km/h though, too.
He can definitely make it in test cricket, but needs another couple of years at least.

He can definitely make it in test cricket, but needs another couple of years at least.
People forget he is only 24. 2-3 years of Shield and he will be set for another test try

All this talk about dropping Marsh...seriously. He went out and made 32. Not a complete failure (a little disappointing, yes). Don't bring someone in for one innings/test.

All this talk about dropping Marsh...seriously. He went out and made 32. Not a complete failure (a little disappointing, yes). Don't bring someone in for one innings/test.

its like the feel we need to make a change every test for the sake of it. S Marsh is the next in line (after clarke's injury) and deserves the rest of the series to see if he can establish himself

I think people are more disappointed because we all know he can do better with his technique etc. To early to bash him for a 32 though i agree.

He won't be dropped while Clarke is injured.

I wish they'd do something about the commentary on 9, no one wants to hear the boring stories of how Chappel use to play with no scoreboards or how much better the bats are today over and over again. Wish Kerry O'Keefe was still on ABC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha why was Mark Nicholas petrified of catching a ball in that drill?

No idea. He had a pretty lengthy First Class career, so he's a very experienced cricketer. He's not just some TV guy who has never played the game and wouldn't know how to catch.

I think he's just a diva who is scared of making himself look like an arse.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't India ranked number 1 in test cricket before they last came here 3 years ago? Bit of a fall from grace since then down to number 6.

Starc is a bowler that registers 140km + but looks like he is bowling low 130's.

Hazlewood is a bowler that only registers 130 mid, but looks like he is bowling 140 + (Similar to McGrath)

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't India ranked number 1 in test cricket before they last came here 3 years ago? Bit of a fall from grace since then down to number 6.

Consider how much has changed for all the top nations in that time though, particularly players retiring/losing their touch. England have gone from dominant to average in that time too, and we've recovered for the most part from a lull too.

Surely Marsh has to be left out for Boxing Day even if he does end up having a decent dig in this match?
I think if he can make 60-70+ this match I'd play him. He averages 40. Got robbed of a 100 in the UAE. Should be picked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back