No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh on Julian Burnside weren't you Bruce?

The AFL had no case against James or Essendon. I don't care how much pressure the AFL and the media placed on Paul Little there is no way he should have capitulated in August 2013. In my view, Burnside and Hargreaves and any other lawyer should have been able to convince the Essendon board they couldn't lose. The Essendon board had a fiduciary duty to the Essendon members. In my view it put the AFL's interests before the Essendon members' interest. That decision cost the members $2 million etc.

It is beyond my comprehension that Grace and Hargreaves are involved. I think as President of Athletics Australia, Grace has a conflict of interest. It is not in his interests to smash ASADA into oblivion because it could re-bound on Athletics Australia. And Hargreaves worked closely with Evans and Robson and presumably was involved in developing the strategy with them. I don't know whether he had any in put into the Switkowski Report or in the decision to give it to the AFL but that decision helped the AFL fine EFC $2 million etc.

Why has Robinson not been brought in as a witness either by ASADA or the players? Seems a bit fishy (altho Hird isnt a witness either?)

I think Robinson has agreed to give evidence on behalf of the players as part of his settlement with the club over his crying that he was booted for his incompetence despite his direct responsibility for the supplements program that has caused all of the damage it has caused unfair dismissal claim.

Is tampering with evidence allowed?

By the AFL? Yes.

By ASADA? Not sure, but given what has been said it also seems to be yes.

If only we knew the rules of play before we got involved...

couldn't help myself, had to go and have a read...anyone know what happens when black holes collapse in on themselves? I fear that place in nearing that point...

seriously, I dont go there much but it must be utterly devastating for certain foamers who have literally spent hundreds if not thousands of hours over nearly 2 years - and it seems every argument is based on limited, incorrect or disgustingly altered 'facts'.

Call me naive, because it has taken a long time for the penny to finally drop for me in all this. But it is now as obvious as my ****ing thumb that McDevitt was put in place to get a guilty verdict against the players by whatever means it took, and it appears he stopped at nothing from what we are hearing now.

I still think this whole thing was a charade to get the players to give in and deal.

You cant go around fudging evidence if you are expecting D-day in a trial. They just went too far, too deep to back out when the bluff was called.

I still think this whole thing was a charade to get the players to give in and deal.

You cant go around fudging evidence if you are expecting D-day in a trial. They just went too far, too deep to back out when the bluff was called.

It really has taken on that look :thumbsu:

They still don't know that it's the players at the tribunal and not the club.

It's funny reading the stuff on the HTB - the passion and emotion that's goes into posts are on a crazy level.

Theres nothing funny about mental illness

#illfoamwithyou

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good question.

Leave the HTB to do its HTB thing and completely ignore it is my strategy.

Bruce Francis' experience in Foamer's Paradise proved to me it is a waste of time posting there. Bruce has seen vastly more of the evidence than any of them and spent more time than any of them researching the case - yet still they refused to listen :rolleyes:

They are only interested in hearing what they want to here over there. All going well they are going to hate beyond description the verdict in this case when it is finally delivered.

Bruce Francis' experience in Foamer's Paradise proved to me it is a waste of time posting there. Bruce has seen vastly more of the evidence than any of them and spent more time than any of them researching the case - yet still they refused to listen :rolleyes:

They are only interested in hearing what they want to here over there. All going well they are going to hate beyond description the verdict in this case when it is finally delivered.
Anyone who feels like they've been promised a massive victory over an evil foe is likely to take it badly if that massive victory evaporates into thin air.

It's like promising a child all year that for Christmas they'll get the bike they want so, so, badly, then on Christmas Day telling them there is no bike.

Anyone who feels like they've been promised a massive victory over an evil foe is likely to take it badly if that massive victory evaporates into thin air.

It's like promising a child all year that for Christmas they'll get the bike they want so, so, badly, then on Christmas Day telling them there is no bike.

And hopefully for those flogs the equivalent of telling the kid there is no Santa either and laughing in their faces.

"Hey Santa, where's my ****ing bike!"

- Col Elliott

"Hey Santa, where's my ****ing bike!"

- Col Elliott

Ah the memories! you're a nice guy posting the PG version ^^^

I'm not so here's the AO version

Hey Santa Clause you c***, where's me F***en bike, i've opened all this other s**t and there's nothing that I like

you guys are right i am staying way way away from the HTB board now. Too mental for me. You have to be a prety placid person to go there and not smash your keyboard to pieces after 5 minutes of dealing with the idiots. I gotta say i think we should send an invite to a few of the posters on there to participate in our conversations as there really are a few guys flying the flag for us over there.

I've got to say I admire those of you who do fight the good fight on the HTB.

I'm always fighting our case with people I meet in real life, slowly winning over some minds. I think it helps when speaking in person plus most people know how much I follow/analyse the footy so it gives you a bit of cred and are not so instantly dismissed.

However for the life of me I have no energy to fight randoms over the internet so have kind of stuck away from the forums over the last couple of years.

So to those of you who do post in the HTB great work and well done! It is appreciated!

you guys are right i am staying way way away from the HTB board now. Too mental for me. You have to be a prety placid person to go there and not smash your keyboard to pieces after 5 minutes of dealing with the idiots. I gotta say i think we should send an invite to a few of the posters on there to participate in our conversations as there really are a few guys flying the flag for us over there.

The few swimming against the tide over there are doing a heck of a job of it. One or two of them are throwing facts around thick and fast and have the foamers in a real flap :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back