Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

A great atmosphere last night for the BBL Opener Strikers vs Stars - record Strikers crowd at Adelaide Oval of 27,425 - Record fastest 50 by Ludeman (50 off 18 balls) and he ended up with 92 off 44 and the Strikers smashed KP and his Stars by 8 wkts in the 12th Over. All that entertainment and we didn't even see the man we all came to see Bat - Kieron Pollard!

I think we will get at least 35,000 on New Years Eve, as the Members was only about 70% full last night, and to get 27000 on a Thursday night before Xmas, with most people still working and Christmas Party's to go to was an excellent crowd.

Again the Adelaide Oval was the star as the atmosphere was again brilliant at the Big Bash!

I think the only drawback from last night was Adelaide Oval forgetting to turn the PA on in the Riverbank Stand until well into the Strikers innings. For most of the game PA announcements were little more than unintelligible White noise

Yep, the feedback was pretty bad up until about 8pm.

It will be interesting to see if they open up the top of the Eastern stand on NYE, as it was packed on the Hill and top of Riverbank last night and I assume the ushers gave up after about 7:30pm and let anybody sit in Level 1 Eastern as that area was 75% full after being about 15% full at the start of the game.

One of the Indian batsman just hit one over the stand. How far and high would that be for those who've been to the new ground?

According to the Strikers it was a CA decision not to use digital fence ads at AO...did ANZ Stadium not get the message or???

Are they the same one from AAMI Stadium? if so, I stongly believe they are owned by the crows and power.

The ones at AAMI definitely were, but there is a fair bit more of it at Adelaide Oval.

There is obviously a reason behind it and occam's razor says cost but I can't for the life of me figure out what the hold up is. Surely the benefit of having them on is always better than the cost of not having them on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In these photos you can see the digital-fence at AO:
10689812_10205190303546123_4136692202814151301_n.jpg

(the white is picket, the black is digital, and they put boards in front of it)
1966910_10203474196484519_287310587_n.jpg

1375069_10203474195004482_255558753_n.jpg

Apologies for the quality, I'm great at smudging my phone camera lens.

I'm not sure why they didn't just use the digital fence to display an image of a picket fence.
With static ad images on top :p

They used the advertising on front of Eastern/Riverbank stand really well in the T20I, the Test and the BBL games - moving during breaks, still during play, changing each over, and then moving stuff for 4/6/wickets. Why not the same on the fence?

Yeh what is with cricket not using the led advertising why not be up to date with today's technology and use it, like India in IPL (correct me if I'm wrong) Cricket Australia confuses me, the technology is their so bloody use it!!!
They have, on the front of the stands at AO. And on the whole fence except behind the stumps at each end at ANZ.
Just going half-baked and using bits, and allowing fence ads at ANZ but not at AO.

It would have to be negotiated with the sponsors, who covers the cost of creating the images and animations, and would change the "visibility" of the advertising - instead of it being just x metres squared, it's that, plus time, etc etc.

I think the only drawback from last night was Adelaide Oval forgetting to turn the PA on in the Riverbank Stand until well into the Strikers innings. For most of the game PA announcements were little more than unintelligible White noise
Hmm i didn't notice that..
I can tell you that I've NEVER been able to hear any ground announcements during the whole footy season up (Row L reserved seats).

Can't wait till the NYE game, i reckon there will be around 40,000 there. As the Strikers have already said they have sold more tickets for this game then the attendance we got on 18th Dec (27,425).

Great news that the Eastern stand Top Level will be open as it was very very full in the Riverbank stand for the first game. Also checked on Ticketek this morning and all tickets are sold on Level 1 & Level 3 Eastern and only single seats left on Level 1 South.

Hopefully if SACA Members fill up the Western stand then we might break the Big Bash Record crowd of 42,000 set last season at Etihad stadium.

Only 1000 Tickets left for tonight's game, the Strikers have announced, so if all the SACA Members fill the Western stand then there will be between 45,000-50,000 people there tonight, which will be an Australian domestic record cricket crowd.

Unbelievable!

Only 1000 Tickets left for tonight's game, the Strikers have announced, so if all the SACA Members fill the Western stand then there will be between 45,000-50,000 people there tonight, which will be an Australian domestic record cricket crowd.

Unbelievable!

Can't see all the SACA members turn up tonight. Hopefully the crowd gets to 45k.

Must get a ticket for the next home game.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back