Catsace

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
When Geelong won the 2007 Grand Final, it's youngest Premiership player was 19 y/o Joel Selwood.

Dying only a few weeks after this match was Geelong's oldest living Premiership player, a member of the 1937 Premiership side who was a ripe old age of 96 y/o. His name, Joe Sellwood. Same letters in the two names. just a repositioning of an 'L'.

dickballsack

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nathan Buckley left Brisbane and knocked back North because he wanted to play in a premiership.
Alan Macallister, the pies president said that at the presser when they signed him, all he ever said was that he wanted to play in Melbourne, and that was even before he was drafted. He met with pies, north, Richmond and Geelong but North is always the club that's mentioned when discussing his move. It obviously helps perpetuate the 'Buckley transfer story'. You must've been itching to mention it given you posted in a thread about coincidences.

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
Alan Macallister, the pies president said that at the presser when they signed him, all he ever said was that he wanted to play in Melbourne, and that was even before he was drafted. He met with pies, north, Richmond and Geelong but North is always the club that's mentioned when discussing his move. It obviously helps perpetuate the 'Buckley transfer story'. You must've been itching to mention it given you posted in a thread about coincidences.

Oh well he got to play in Melbourne, he must be over the moon that the team he left got to play in 4 Grand Finals, winning 3 premierships in a row. Winners all round as I see it, right?

dickballsack

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh well he got to play in Melbourne, he must be over the moon that the team he left got to play in 4 Grand Finals, winning 3 premierships in a row. Winners all round as I see it, right?
I was just commenting on the fact that the statement attributed to Buckley about leaving to play in a flag is false. But I see now that your just one of those people that just like to pick holes in other peoples lives. I'm glad to know that you've never made decisions that didn't end as you expected.

floodbuster

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
Too close to the sun
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton fc
I was just commenting on the fact that the statement attributed to Buckley about leaving to play in a flag is false. But I see now that your just one of those people that just like to pick holes in other peoples lives. I'm glad to know that you've never made decisions that didn't end as you expected.
The one I heard was he wanted to play in the black and white Magpies team since he had done so at Port and won a premiership and Magarey medal and Collingwood being the obvious choice he forced his move, Brisbane weren't happy about it at the time. I guess it was karma since after such a long a illustrious career they only won just after he retired.

Former Roxette guitarist Jonas Issacsson was once in the same elevator as George Harrison, just to further deviate. Story goes Jonas was that bloody nervous, he never said a word.

I'm surprised he didn't say hello, you fool, I love you.

Dec 8, 2013
The Norwegian Sky
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics Saints LSU Chelsea RedSox
1993 was the international year of indigenous people.

The Michael Tuck medal was won by Wanganeen. Long won the Norm Smith. Wanganeen won the Brownlow. Both played in a premiership side. The last 2 kicks of the game were Long to Wanganeen who slotted the final goal of the season... Coincidence?
That was also the year of Nicky Winmar's famous 'jumper raise' at Victoria Park.

Since 2004 there have only been 3 occasions where the lower finishing team has got the Friday night prelim, all 3 times it was the Swans.
200.gif

bombersfan4000

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Fitzroys last win was against Fremantle
Fitzroys last loss was at the hands of Fremantle
Fitzroys last game was against Fremantle
Fremantles first ever AFL win was against Fitzroy
Fremantles last two games of 1996 were against Brisbane and Fitzroy respectively - keeping them each to 10.11.71 (We also scored 10.11.71 ourselves in R20)
how on earth did you come up with those stats:drunk:

Jack2Jack

Club Legend
May 3, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Since 2004 there have only been 3 occasions where the lower finishing team has got the Friday night prelim, all 3 times it was the Swans.

Nice of you to try and rewrite history to suit yet another bitchy little agenda.

:rolleyes: 2005 lost opening final - went to play away against the 1st seeded saints on a Friday.
2006 beat the 1st seed in the opening final, earning the 1st seed position ourselves and therefore Friday final.

Seriously hawks supporters - it's getting tedious and beyond pathetic now.

May 8, 2014
Adelaide Airport
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, QPR
in round 9, 2014, when Port defeated GWS, Port's score over four quarters was 5.3 10.6 15.9 20.12 (132), they scored exactly the same score each quarter

The last time this happened was in round 8 of 1934, when Collingwood beat St. Kilda with a score of 3.3 6.6 9.9 12.12 (84).

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
in round 9, 2014, when Port defeated GWS, Port's score over four quarters was 5.3 10.6 15.9 20.12 (132), they scored exactly the same score each quarter

The last time this happened was in round 8 of 1934, when Collingwood beat St. Kilda with a score of 3.3 6.6 9.9 12.12 (84).

Has anyone ever been kept scoreless? As that would be applicable here too (sort of)

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Has anyone ever been kept scoreless? As that would be applicable here too (sort of)

No but St Kilda came close against Geelong in either 1899 or 1901.

STK 0 1 1 vs Geel 23 24 162.

St Kilda's 1 behind was the first score of the game.

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
2015 is the 48th consecutive season that Essendon has NOT started 0-3, meaning that Essendon has recorded at least two premiership points during the first three rounds of each of the last 48 seasons.

The last time Essendon started 0-3 was 1967

The chances of this happening (assuming all matches are 50-50) is approximately 1 in 600.

Back