Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two men who punched and kicked a 29-year-old Echuca man unconscious at the American Hotel during the Winter Blues Festival weekend have escaped conviction.
Sean Christopher, 21, and Simon Neil Buckley, 27, were instead fined $1000 and $1500 respectively after pleading guilty in Echuca Magistrates Court yesterday to recklessly causing injury.
Full story in todays Riv Herald.

Two men who punched and kicked a 29-year-old Echuca man unconscious at the American Hotel during the Winter Blues Festival weekend have escaped conviction.
Sean Christopher, 21, and Simon Neil Buckley, 27, were instead fined $1000 and $1500 respectively after pleading guilty in Echuca Magistrates Court yesterday to recklessly causing injury.
Full story in todays Riv Herald.

I fail to see why you have such interest in posting this ? What is your reason apart from trying to defame someone.
I remind you that What you post on here and the innuendo you contribute to by doing so on previous posts along with others that mentioned glassings etc have now been found to be incorrect. Some relevant points of FACT for you.
1. Simon Buckley never denied assaulting the person in question and never kicked anybody unconscious, the other person involved in this was guilty of that.

2. Simon buckley as stated in the case never instigated the assault , he simply reacted to being attacked himself ( read the article closely) and happened to defend himself first before being attacked under extreme provocation.. That is why he pleaded guilty. He assaulted him by punching him first.

3. He was proved guilty by provocation. Exactly how he pleaded.
4. He pleaded guilty and was proven guilty without conviction. ( important fact)

The last and most important fact was that he as stated by the paper and people on big footy "glassed" somebody in the process. This is simply not true and now proven by the court to not be the case. I suspect a certain newspaper night also be getting a little nervous about the ramifications of their miss reporting. I also suggest that you as a moderator of this site better use your judgement in what you allow to be posted on here before it is dealt with by the courts and let natural justice take its course. Not people like yourself or others on here to delve into court matters when you know very little about such facts. You also could be liable as stated previously to spreading false truths that lead to defaming somebody. Might be time to lift your game I think or hand over the " moderator" keys to someone else who is a bit more responsible. Don't think you have all heard the last of this . Buckley is not a happy man.
Interesting to see if any apologies are made to Simon Buckley on here or in any newspapers.

I fail to see why you have such interest in posting this ? What is your reason apart from trying to defame someone.
I remind you that What you post on here and the innuendo you contribute to by doing so on previous posts along with others that mentioned glassings etc have now been found to be incorrect. Some relevant points of FACT for you.
1. Simon Buckley never denied assaulting the person in question and never kicked anybody unconscious, the other person involved in this was guilty of that.

2. Simon buckley as stated in the case never instigated the assault , he simply reacted to being attacked himself ( read the article closely) and happened to defend himself first before being attacked under extreme provocation.. That is why he pleaded guilty. He assaulted him by punching him first.

4. He pleaded guilty and was proven guilty without conviction. ( important fact)

The last and most important fact was that he as stated by the paper and people on big footy "glassed" somebody in the process. This is simply not true and now proven by the court to not be the case. I suspect a certain newspaper night also be getting a little nervous about the ramifications of their miss reporting. I also suggest that you as a moderator of this site better use your judgement in what you allow to be posted on here before it is dealt with by the courts and let natural justice take its course. Not people like yourself or others on here to delve into court matters when you know very little about such facts. You also could be liable as stated previously to spreading false truths that lead to defaming somebody. Might be time to lift your game I think or hand over the " moderator" keys to someone else who is a bit more responsible. Don't think you have all heard the last of this . Buckley is not a happy man.
Interesting to see if any apologies are made to Simon Buckley on here or in any newspapers.

U R A PLEB! That is the best word to describe you. Have you taken any notice of this sight for the last 10 years? The whole forum is 90% based on rumors and whispers about football players and football clubs...... Clean your act up, you are making a fool of yourself.

. Maybe the only apology needed is for the victim of the crime .

U R A PLEB! That is the best word to describe you. Have you taken any notice of this sight for the last 10 years? The whole forum is 90% based on rumors and whispers about football players and football clubs...... Clean your act up, you are making a fool of yourself.
Obviously your incapable of understanding my reply. I'm all for rumour and whispers etc but not things that are being dealt with by a court of law. Guess your hard up to understand that. As for the pleb part..... Whatever. Now go back to your cave.

Strange how the victim would need to apologise to perpetrators both found guilty by the Courts of recklessly assaulting him ... guilty of reckless assault through provocation is still guilty. Don`t mix up your victms in this matter lip sevice. Your phrase 'defend himself first before being attcked' would imply he attacked the other guy would it not ...?

Strange how the victim would need to apologise to perpetrators both found guilty by the Courts of recklessly assaulting him ... guilty of reckless assault through provocation is still guilty. Don`t mix up your victms in this matter lip sevice. Your phrase 'defend himself first before being attcked' would imply he attacked the other guy would it not ...?
Never said they had to apologise by order of the court. They did so off their own bat's to each other.Not mixing up the victims silver tongue as stated in my previous post, Buckley never said he didn't belt him, he simply defended himself under provocation when the bloke ran at him which is an acceptable defence under law. Think you and the other people on hear are not getting my point so I will say it again. Be very careful about commenting on things that are before the courts until they are dealt with. That is where you and a number of others on here don't get it. Bit different in terms of seriousness compared to a recruiting rumour or a coaching change. Hopefully you guys get that point or maybe not as some are simply not smart enough to get it. Especially a moderator of this site. Irresponsible at best. Enough said.

Your phrase 'defend himself first before beng attacked' as an acceptable defence for his actions is an incongruous use of the language lip service. It is an oxymoron so therefore nonsensical. Clearly the court felt the same as two people were charged and found guilty of assault while neither Buckley or Christopher were deemed victims of assault. Note the context of the word victim. Simple facts really.

Your phrase 'defend himself first before beng attacked' as an acceptable defence for his actions is an incongruous use of the language lip service. It is an oxymoron so therefore nonsensical. Clearly the court felt the same as two people were charged and found guilty of assault while neither Buckley or Christopher were deemed victims of assault. Note the context of the word victim. Simple facts really.

For the last time for you Silver tongue i'll put it simply...............earlier posts on this site stated (suggested) Buckley had glassed the Guy.......this was incorrect and should never had been posted when it was being put before a court. It was also stated in the local paper (who have got it terribly wrong)
My simplistic suggestion to the Moderator was that perhaps in the future issues being dealt with in the courts...whatever they may be SHOULD NOT BE POSTED ON HERE.

I know that is hard for you to understand but by posting and allowing "slanderous" comments or innuendo could find people in a lot of trouble......I think I've explained that clearly enough..........for some........I also believe Buckley is owed an apology by those people who contributed to that incorrect statement.

Now lets leave the issue alone. It's been dealt with in the correct forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benalla have lost ruckman Will Sullivan who is traveling overseas and probably Nick Mellington to Port Melbourne.
They have regained Farren Priest

Anyway Lippy enough with your beliefs, misunderstandings of legal process and warped sense of morality.

In relation to our mate Buckley:

When countries defend themselves before they are attacked it is called an invasion!
As you say, enough said.

Not sure if the Darwin bookies have framed their market yet for the 2015 season, but me thinks that Benalla will be the shortest priced favourites yet to win the flag. They have maintained the bulk of their list, have good depth and an impressive amount of talent coming through the thirds. The resigning of Josh Mellington and the pick up of Farran Priest really tops them up.
Was very impressed with the way the Cats finished the season and with the ins they have gained will be an improver. Seymour, putting behind them the horror season they had with injuries and the new signings already done will be pushing to play finals.
Swans competitive again but gee they have lost some quality players, interesting to see how Euroa shape up, priority must be some quality down the spine.
Anyone heard of signings for the Eagles? They always play their cards close to their chests with recruiting but need a lot to make up on the pace setting sides. All clubs will have work to do over the new year in firming up the lists but on the face of it there are a lot of good players leaving the league with the ins not covering the losses.

Not sure if the Darwin bookies have framed their market yet for the 2015 season, but me thinks that Benalla will be the shortest priced favourites yet to win the flag. They have maintained the bulk of their list, have good depth and an impressive amount of talent coming through the thirds. The resigning of Josh Mellington and the pick up of Farran Priest really tops them up.
Was very impressed with the way the Cats finished the season and with the ins they have gained will be an improver. Seymour, putting behind them the horror season they had with injuries and the new signings already done will be pushing to play finals.
Swans competitive again but gee they have lost some quality players, interesting to see how Euroa shape up, priority must be some quality down the spine.
Anyone heard of signings for the Eagles? They always play their cards close to their chests with recruiting but need a lot to make up on the pace setting sides. All clubs will have work to do over the new year in firming up the lists but on the face of it there are a lot of good players leaving the league with the ins not covering the losses.
Obviously Benalla will have a very strong list as they did last season but that doesn't always win you the flag , you would think they would have learnt a lot and would be pretty hungry though so will definitely be the favourites . With a lot of good players leaving the leauge clubs will be concentrating on developing talented younger players and getting senior games into them before having another crack at a flag in coming seasons .

Obviously Benalla will have a very strong list as they did last season but that doesn't always win you the flag , you would think they would have learnt a lot and would be pretty hungry though so will definitely be the favourites . With a lot of good players leaving the leauge clubs will be concentrating on developing talented younger players and getting senior games into them before having another crack at a flag in coming seasons .
Has Beattie landed at Benalla as an assistant?

Please tell me its not the one where we all play our close friends three times and throw equality out the window!
It looks exactly the same draw as the last few years with the so called rivalry teams playing each other in the first four and last four rounds, maybe its time to have a more even draw , last season some teams played each other twice in a month surely that doesn't need to happen .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back