General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In his second run (He raced the night before) in a Sprintcar in at least 17 months, Kyle Larson won Night 2 of the Cocopah Showdown, which featured majority of the USA Sprintcar Guns + NASCAR's Kasey Kahne in one of his own cars. Apparently he won in a Cool Chassis, an Australian-made brand of Sprintcar chassis. If that's true, that would probably be the biggest ever race won by an Australian made chassis. Lots of people on Twitter are saying it was one of the best races they've ever seen.

In his second run (He raced the night before) in a Sprintcar in at least 17 months, Kyle Larson won Night 2 of the Cocopah Showdown, which featured majority of the USA Sprintcar Guns + NASCAR's Kasey Kahne in one of his own cars. Apparently he won in a Cool Chassis, an Australian-made brand of Sprintcar chassis. If that's true, that would probably be the biggest ever race won by an Australian made chassis. Lots of people on Twitter are saying it was one of the best races they've ever seen.

Kids a gun, saw him a couple of years ago when he came out here.

Kids a gun, saw him a couple of years ago when he came out here.

Lucky. I didn't head down for Classic week and thought he'd be coming back down for a few more years to race. Little did I know. He was awesome at Mt. Gambier.

I saw a different video of the race. This video makes the race look a whole lot more entertaining than the one I saw.

Lucky. I didn't head down for Classic week and thought he'd be coming back down for a few more years to race. Little did I know. He was awesome at Mt. Gambier.

He was deadset flying in the A at the classic that year, worked his way from about 15-16 to 8th and would have got close to winning it if he didn't take the wall on the back straight.

The Dakar rally is currently on and Australian offroad gun, Toby Price, is currently coming sixth in the bikes division - on debut!
Australia is also being represented by Simon Pavey and his son Llewellyn Sullivan-Pavey (that's a mouthful!) and they are currently coming 63rd and 64th.

The Dakar rally is currently on and Australian offroad gun, Toby Price, is currently coming sixth in the bikes division - on debut!
Australia is also being represented by Simon Pavey and his son Llewellyn Sullivan-Pavey (that's a mouthful!) and they are currently coming 63rd and 64th.

He's been going great. It's a pity he didn't follow Coma after getting lost today otherwise he'd probably be 3rd overall. You'd think that Price will be in a top team for next year.

It's Chili Bowl time in Tulsa, OK. There's a record 330 entries vying for the golden driller. Qualifying night 1 was won by Kyle Larson who drove from 6th in the C-Main to win, after wrecking in his qualifier heat. A total of 33 passes for position. Not bad. Kiwi Michael Pickens drove from 20th to 8th in the final, which I think puts him into a B-Main for Saturday night. Sammy Swindell won the 7th running of the Race of Champions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Chili Bowl time in Tulsa, OK. There's a record 330 entries vying for the golden driller. Qualifying night 1 was won by Kyle Larson who drove from 6th in the C-Main to win, after wrecking in his qualifier heat. A total of 33 passes for position. Not bad. Kiwi Michael Pickens drove from 20th to 8th in the final, which I think puts him into a B-Main for Saturday night. Sammy Swindell won the 7th running of the Race of Champions.

About a P10 start for MP in the B.

He's been going great. It's a pity he didn't follow Coma after getting lost today otherwise he'd probably be 3rd overall. You'd think that Price will be in a top team for next year.

I think Price got a bit lost on one of the early stages too (maybe the third?). Anyway, he's up to third now! Only two stages left to go - which is still obviously a long way to go - he has an excellent chance to emulate fellow Australian, Andy Haydon, and finish on the podium on debut. Amazing effort even if he can't!

Honda could do a lot worse than signing him up for next year to finally get back to the top step of the Dakar podium. Unbelieveable to think that Big H hasn't won there since 1989.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back