Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

It appears the Crow Board 'AO Review' thread has been locked??

Earlier a bit of angst between cleric, marty and a couple of our board posters degenerated into a slanging match. Even the good man Kane McGoodwin got upset.

I apologised to Kane but not the other two campaigners...lol

I'm sorry if any here that regularly post there like *PAF and @PapaG are annoyed.

...and still I'm not banned over there! :)
Why annoyed? The mods might be doing a long overdue clean up. Glad I don't have that job. :)

I had actually slowed right down in that thread. Kind of got a bit dizzy after going around the same circle for the 50th time.

The number of Crows fans who cry bloody loyalty to the SANFL as part of this dispute, yet Norwood and Glenelg had less than 6000 members between them in 2014.

You'd think if the masses truly cared about the financial health of the SANFL and the clubs they grew up supporting they'd send some money their way atop their usual Crow tickets, no?
They'll let KT and Port do the dirty work while Fagan and they eventually reap the rewards. Crows pretty soft centred on and off the field.

Why annoyed?
I had actually slowed right down in that thread. Kind of got a bit dizzy after going around the same circle for the 50th time.

Just that you'll have to find another thread to stir them up on?

It was pretty circular arguments over there...you could miss 5 pages and get back in the same place?

They'll let KT and Port do the dirty work while Fagan and they eventually reap the rewards. Crows pretty soft centred on and off the field.

I don't see a problem with that, if they get too involved they'll most likely stuff it up for us and them.

I don't see a problem with that, if they get too involved they'll most likely stuff it up for us and them.
I'm not sure we can have too much of a go at them so far. It's a wait and see game from that perspective, plus Fagan and Roo have to be careful on how they play as they could easily lose both support and supporters.

They are a mixed bag when it come to demographics that have different needs and wants and whilst the older supporters have the most say atm they need to please both age groups.

I'd say it would be a fair bet that the younger supporters would like to see similar outcomes to what we do.

From very far, far away, the SANFL has existed beyond its means for quite a few years,propped up by these deals that guarantee the club's and its existence. The world has changed, there is now way in hell that the SANFL can continue to pay players like it has in the past. Those rooted in the past will continue to try and hang on to the glory days for as long as they can, but let me assure you the standard will drop off once the $$ do. You would think that if the SANFL was serious about looking after grass roots they'd be sorting out footy in SE SA, yet two years on from the demise of the WBFL, there is still no plan on how to sort things out and the comp exists as a shadow of what it once was.

The problem is having the AFL as supreme master of the game does nothing for grass roots or community footy either. It might work out well for Port, but the game as a whole won't be any better off either way.

I'm not sure we can have too much of a go at them so far. It's a wait and see game from that perspective, plus Fagan and Roo have to be careful on how they play as they could easily lose both support and supporters.

They are a mixed bag when it come to demographics that have different needs and wants and whilst the older supporters have the most say atm they need to please both age groups.

I'd say it would be a fair bet that the younger supporters would like to see similar outcomes to what we do.

Yeah/Nah. I wasn't having a go at but moreso pointing out that KT just keep making the right decisions so if they just fall behind KT the best results will most likely be obtained.
As to Roo having to be careful otherwise he could easily lose the supporters I hope you jest cos they love him more than their own mothers any sit in awe of anything that he would say or do. It's a vastly different situation tho with their playing group;)

Yeah/Nah. I wasn't having a go at but moreso pointing out that KT just keep making the right decisions so if they just fall behind KT the best results will most likely be obtained.
As to Roo having to be careful otherwise he could easily lose the supporters I hope you jest cos they love him more than their own mothers any sit in awe of anything that he would say or do. It's a vastly different situation tho with their playing group;)
Not sure I'd agree on Roo.
With the younger ones yeah but not with the older SA SCHNAFFLE GRATE group.

The problem is having the AFL as supreme master of the game does nothing for grass roots or community footy either. It might work out well for Port, but the game as a whole won't be any better off either way.

Under the SANFL's auspices we were stripped of the Eyre Peninsula zones we'd serviced and funded for 42 years.

And despite this area being handed to Norwood - of all clubs - we've committed to still sponsor competitions up there.

#bloodyport

Under the SANFL's auspices we were stripped of the Eyre Peninsula zones we'd serviced and funded for 42 years.

And despite this area being handed to Norwood - of all clubs - we've committed to still sponsor competitions up there.

#bloodyport
Yep I'm aware of that - it would seem idiotic, but hey that seems the MO. The SANFL won't go away, but I have to caution you that the AFL are only interested in the big dance and ensuring their is enough "talent" to fill it, after that it's Everyman for himself.

Yep I'm aware of that - it would seem idiotic, but hey that seems the MO. The SANFL won't go away, but I have to caution you that the AFL are only interested in the big dance and ensuring their is enough "talent" to fill it, after that it's Everyman for himself.

Tell that to AFL NT, AFL Queensland, AFL NSW/ACT, AFL Tasmania and AFL Victoria (including the VFL and TAC Cup) - all of whom are fully AFL owned subsidaries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears the Crow Board 'AO Review' thread has been locked??

Earlier a bit of angst between cleric, marty and a couple of our board posters degenerated into a slanging match. Even the good man Kane McGoodwin got upset.

I apologised to Kane but not the other two campaigners...lol

I'm sorry if any here that regularly post there like *PAF and @PapaG are annoyed.

...and still I'm not banned over there! :)

I posted a couple of times on that thread and found it fairly helpful. Even got a few likes on my posts including one from that 'don't do drugs' character who threatened to have me booted off the site earlier this year. Then again I did not go across there to s**t stir. Couldn't quite figure out why that Carlton dude had so much to say about the Adelaide Oval. Maybe he is Triggy in disguise? :)

I posted a couple of times on that thread and found it fairly helpful. Even got a few likes on my posts including one from that 'don't do drugs' character who threatened to have me booted off the site earlier this year. Then again I did not go across there to s**t stir. Couldn't quite figure out why that Carlton dude had so much to say about the Adelaide Oval. Maybe he is Triggy in disguise? :)

...tried to not stir but they were mostly just so pro SANFL and Anti-Port I couldn't help myself.

The Carlton dude lives In Adelaide and runs a business in Bank St so has a liking for footy at AO and supporters spending at his business.

Tell that to AFL NT, AFL Queensland, AFL NSW/ACT, AFL Tasmania and AFL Victoria (including the VFL and TAC Cup) - all of whom are fully AFL owned subsidaries.
At grass roots / community level, particularly regional / rural the game is far from in rude health.

I think you are talking about two different things and you're both right.

Have wondered myself. Thr SANFL nuff nuffs always bitch and moan about the money they sent to Port ie the 16mil but the revenue that he $ANFL took from the top was never mentioned. So 70mil - 16.25mil means even with the money that the SANFL sent to Port they are still 53.75mil in front.

Thats not bad and now the SANFL are crying poor. Well maybe its just Penberthy. But s**t you would have to ask where the **** 50mil went.

when it comes to football Penberthy an idiot

...tried to not stir but they were mostly just so pro SANFL and Anti-Port I couldn't help myself.

The Carlton dude lives In Adelaide and runs a business in Bank St so has a liking for footy at AO and supporters spending at his business.
Actually I'd say only a couple of posters and not most.

Most Crow posters gave up trying to have a decent debate with them quite a while back.

Fagan quiet as a church mouse on the stadium deal - didn't take long.... He's in their pockets now.

really, I'm quietly optimistic that him and KT are working together and are on the same page (but may be dreaming). In fact, I think that Fagan and KT sticking together is both clubs' only hope for a good outcome. If Trigg was here on the other hand:rolleyes:.

At grass roots / community level, particularly regional / rural the game is far from in rude health.

Its a discussion for another place, but many of the reasons for that arent the fault of the AFL or the national body, and i believe at least, are not in the control of football in general being general socioeconomic concerns.

Not Triggy. I wanted Port in the comp from the moment they applied in 1990 and ive felt they've been well and truly screwed along the way by a vengeful and misguided SANFL fighting for its own relevance.

I wanted Port in the comp from the moment they applied in 1990 and ive felt they've been well and truly screwed along the way by a vengeful and misguided SANFL fighting for its own relevance.

The SANFL & the SA crowscentric media, led by several anti-Port identities, have hated us because of not only but including 1990, also they have not trusted us since the Big Bob McLean days because of our ambition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back