List Mgmt. Pick 69 - Logan Austin 197cm KPD

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah. Oops. The PSD and the rookie draft have merged in my mind. :drunk:
Yeah I could be wrong but the strike rate with "the best of the rest" seems to be quite good, nor recycled players but youngsters, although that could be just me thinking Surj and forgetting all the others.

He looked alright then disappeared.

Jarrad was a victim of our lack of reserves set-up at the time IMO. The Eagles (I think it was the Eagles?) gave him nothing. Wouldn't mind looking at a sliding doors world in which Jarrad was playing for a Power reserves team every week.

If we play him as the sub, when he's subbed on we should play the Stone Cold Steve Austin glass shattering then music.

When he grabs his premiership medal, I hope he cuts a promo like Stone Cold did at King of the Ring 1996.

"You talk about 119 and you talk about the tarps.
Well Austin 1:19 says Never Tear Us Apart!"

When he grabs his premiership medal, I hope he cuts a promo like Stone Cold did at King of the Ring 1996.

"You talk about 119 and you talk about the tarps.
Well Austin 1:19 says Never Tear Us Apart!"
Then give some one a stunner oh hell yeah

port adelaide 4 life. it's not a choice it's a lifestyle

Inside Alberton
Logan Austin
Word around the club is that new draftee Logan Austin has already earnt himself the nickname Texas. Apparently it is the brain child of assistant coach Matthew Nicks, with the young guns two names both towns in Texas.
Inside Alberton

Funnily enough Steve Austin hails from Texas (Austin in fact).

How's this fella tracking? I've heard he's been the best of our 2014 draft class with palmer close behind. Trengove is gone for a long time foot injury; if its a stress fracture or something similar to polec we're in real trouble; hombsch is 193 and kind of play on 197+ carlile is 192 but is better against big body - non athletic tom Hawkins type players.

This week we play Melbourne who have fitzpatrick/spencer and could even bring gawn to stretch us. Jackson has been very good against resting rucks and I personally don't believe o'shea, Jonas and clurey will fit the bill and cut it.

Possible debut with trengove out? or extremely unprepared?

How's this fella tracking? I've heard he's been the best of our 2014 draft class with palmer close behind. Trengove is gone for a long time foot injury; if its a stress fracture or something similar to polec we're in real trouble; hombsch is 193 and kind of play on 197+ carlile is 192 but is better against big body - non athletic tom Hawkins type players.

This week we play Melbourne who have fitzpatrick/spencer and could even bring gawn to stretch us. Jackson has been very good against resting rucks and I personally don't believe o'shea, Jonas and clurey will fit the bill and cut it.

LOL, I'd be worried if Palmer was going worse than Howard or Frampton.

Doesn't seem to lack composure so I can't see any reason he wouldn't handle the step up well.

Would be a better replacement for Trengove than Clurey imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we should actually replace Trengove, but that's for another thread. I'd argue that with JT, Bob, Hombsch and Jonas that we are possibly too big defensively. I'd rather get another ball user in the back half. Welcome back Cobra...

Don't think we should actually replace Trengove, but that's for another thread. I'd argue that with JT, Bob, Hombsch and Jonas that we are possibly too big defensively. I'd rather get another ball user in the back half. Welcome back Cobra...
Broadbent dropped because of form and has done nothing to show he should come back in yet. There is a case for bringing in Austin if Jacko doesn't get up I'm just a bit nervous about blooding a first year key position player in a game that if we lose completely destroys our season. We are kidding ourselves if we think we have better options in defence more deserving of a game. Stuff it I'd play him.

Our defence has been one of the only shining lights of our season.
There have been a number of key players who have highlighted it - Hombsch, Pittard and Bobby (despite a lowly weekend performance) which leads me to believe our structure back there is working OK.
I'd love to see Austin given a role back there in JT's absence which seems like it might be lengthy.

Did just see Jacko is out for an extended period. Absolutely bring Austin in we have nothing to lose. We fell apart structurally without the genuine tall defender to play his role last year we can't go into a game without 2 genuine tall defenders and expect anything other than what happened last season with Jacko out.

Clurey for Jonas, Austin for Jacko.
Agree with this, was going to say regardless of Jacko's injury TJ needs to be dropped as he really should've made way just as much as Broadbent, he hasn't beaten an opponent all year & his disposal down back has been laughably bad.

Not sure how ready Austin is but Melbourne will stretch us this week & i'd rather have Clurey come in to play a role than watch Jonas get turned inside out & ran off in almost every contest, not sure being put in a crowded leadership group was the best thing for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back