Nick Cave

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Caught his show last night at Jeff's Shed - have never been a huge fan, just a casual admirer of his stuff, but what a great gig, had the crowd eating out of his hand all night & has a very talented group of musos with him - last show is tonight & well worth catching if you can.

Always see him when he comes to town, no matter which band or assortment of musicians he has accompanying him.

His Adelaide show was terrific. The new songs sound better live than on the album.

yeah agree, been listening to the live tracks on Push the Sky Away, reckon they are all great, & he opened with We Real Cool, another great song.

His Live in LA is OK to watch too.
It was on youtube in HD but seems to have been pulled.

Have listened to a lot of his stuff since going to the concert & I am starting to come around to this way of thinking - better late than never;)
Nice. I must admit, while I stand by that statement there does come times when his voice and style I feel I need a break from. Yet weeks or even months later he sounds just as fresh and great as before.

Such an achievement his work with music/books and being relevant in the last five decades on his own terms. The fact he is from country Victoria is even better.

He's in rarefied air (like Serge Gainsbourg) when he can deliver a 15 minute song such as Babe, I'm on Fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, he looks disturbingly like Gillon MacLachlan in several parts of this film clip.
Illuminati confirmed

I remember a girl so very well
The carnival drums all mad in the air
Grim reapers and skeletons and a missionary bell
O where do we go now but nowhere

In a colonial hotel we ****ed up the sun
And then we ****ed it down again
Well the sun comes up and the sun goes down
Going round and round to nowhere

The kitten that padded and purred on my lap
Now swipes at my face with the paw of a bear
I turn the other cheek and you lay into that