ASADA case against Essendon hanging by a thread (The Age, 1 Nov 14)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where?

Geeze if "it was reportedly recently" counts as proof then all ASADA has to do is go to the tribunal and say "It has been reportedly recent that these 34 players took TB4"

I would hope (and expect) that you would know and understand that the references we might make to newspaper articles on this forum are of a different order, and for a different purpose, than what the Tribunal might be expecting from a government investigator/prosecution team.

I would hope (and expect) that you would know and understand that the references we might make to newspaper articles on this forum are of a different order, and for a different purpose, than what the Tribunal might be expecting from a government investigator/prosecution team.
Funny. That wall of text doesn't look like a link?

1. Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 2h2 hours ago
    @The_Red_Sash No one can be assured what the total evidence is unless they are in the hearing room. No one can pre-guess the outcome.

2. 9:15 AM - 20 Dec 2014

Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 3m3 minutes ago
    @TheGovernorSM These allegations need to be critically assessed by a tribunal. It is before the tribunal and we all need to wait.

3. 9:16 AM - 20 Dec 2014

The Governor ‏@TheGovernorSM 2m2 minutes agoMelbourne, Victoria
    @ringsau Whilst ASADA are wasting @TonyAbbottMHR money! And ASADA's lawyers advised McDevitt that he had no hope of winning. Comeon!

1. Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 2h2 hours ago
    @The_Red_Sash No one can be assured what the total evidence is unless they are in the hearing room. No one can pre-guess the outcome.

2. 9:15 AM - 20 Dec 2014

Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 3m3 minutes ago
    @TheGovernorSM These allegations need to be critically assessed by a tribunal. It is before the tribunal and we all need to wait.

3. 9:16 AM - 20 Dec 2014

The Governor ‏@TheGovernorSM 2m2 minutes agoMelbourne, Victoria
    @ringsau Whilst ASADA are wasting @TonyAbbottMHR money! And ASADA's lawyers advised McDevitt that he had no hope of winning. Comeon!
And?

So basically ASADA put their evidence forward this week and in January the players through their lawyers have the opportunity to explain/refute/present evidence but will not because they dont have to.

Should be over in early January.

ASADA are still putting their evidence forward aren't they?

3 days wasn't enough!

1. 9:44 PM - 19 Dec 2014
    Rob ‏@doodledogs1960 12h12 hours ago
    @spalliera @ringsau @DeanFonzy @ScooterMcNeice @The_Red_Sash hey everyone...they have presented 3 days worth of evidence with more to come

2. 10:15 PM - 19 Dec 2014
    Luciano Spalliera ‏@spalliera 11h11 hours ago
    @doodledogs1960 @ringsau @DeanFonzy @ScooterMcNeice @The_Red_Sash three days of their version with very little proof . Quality not quantity

3. 10:25 PM - 19 Dec 2014 >
    Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 11h11 hours ago
    @spalliera @doodledogs1960 @DeanFonzy @ScooterMcNeice @The_Red_Sash Fair go. No one knows detail of what is being presented.

4. 6:34 AM - 20 Dec 2014 >
    The Red Sash ‏@The_Red_Sash 3h3 hours ago
    @ringsau @spalliera @doodledogs1960 @DeanFonzy @ScooterMcNeice "No one" Players do & others..... ;-)

5. 7:43 AM - 20 Dec 2014 >
    Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 2h2 hours ago

6. 8:36 AM - 20 Dec 2014 >
    The Governor ‏@TheGovernorSM 44m44 minutes ago
    @ringsau @The_Red_Sash U cannot assume. Agree. But, Bruce Francis is dead right and ASADA is wasting @TonyAbbottMHR money!!!

7. 8:39 AM - 20 Dec 2014 >
    Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 41m41 minutes ago
    @TheGovernorSM If ASADA dropped these matters there will be even more questions. A tribunal is needed IMO to sort this mess out.

8. 9:12 AM - 20 Dec 2014 >
    The Governor ‏@TheGovernorSM 8m8 minutes ago
    @ringsau Comeon Richard! As Bruce Francis has said all along, 90% of the media and experts are a bunch of ignorant and judgemental MORONS!

9. 9:15 AM - 20 Dec 2014>
    Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 5m5 minutes ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd suggest a lot more around here in particular are going to be disappointed than happy.

I for one are very much looking forward to ASADA failing to prove their accusations and the ensuing not guilty verdict.
I have no idea what will happen. This post will either show that you are a magnificent soothsayer or a presumptuous tool.

3 days wasn't enough!
3 days definitely not enough.
ASADA are going to present this case piece by piece with no escape clauses.
They have spent enough time tying up all the loose ends and making sure everything buttoned up so no accusations of wasted tax payers money can be attributed.

Essendon are just dragging this out as much as they can. By the time it is all done and dusted half the players that would be banned will be retired or at other clubs. This whole farce is just the dons minimizing the damage done by the inevitable guilty verdict.

3 days definitely not enough.
ASADA are going to present this case piece by piece with no escape clauses.
They have spent enough time tying up all the loose ends and making sure everything buttoned up so no accusations of wasted tax payers money can be attributed.

vp
YOu are expecting far too much from Dennis Denuto.

The above string of tweets actually contains a number of different perspectives.

No one could ever doubt my objectivity and independence.
Then why didn't you post the tweet from Ings saying that experienced counsel are refuting the allegation that investigators said there was insufficent evidence?

Didn't fit your very subjective views?

Essendon are just dragging this out as much as they can. By the time it is all done and dusted half the players that would be banned will be retired or at other clubs. This whole farce is just the dons minimizing the damage done by the inevitable guilty verdict.

Although Essendon is not a party to the hearing.

Ironically though, I reckon the damage they're doing by dragging this out the way they are, is worse than the damage they would have copped had they just fessed up and taken bans at the start.

Having said that, I think we all know that this whole saga has nothing to do with minimising the damage to the club.

It's clearly about individuals protecting themselves.

3 days wasn't enough!

They can carry as much paper into the tribunal as they like and read as long as they like from it.

But fact of the matter is the onus is on ASADA to prove guilt to a reasonable . Anything less and a not guilty result is guaranteed.
I have no idea what will happen. This post will either show that you are a magnificent soothsayer or a presumptuous tool.

I look forward to January and the not guilty verdict being delivered :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back