Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, how much money does the SANFL need? Rucci has said repeatedly that there's more than enough money coming out of Adelaide Oval for everyone, which seems obvious. Basically the SANFL needs to stop viewing itself as a business that exists to make profits. You can't buy shares in the SANFL, and they have no natural competitor in the market like the two AFL clubs do. Once the SANFL has covered its costs and fulfilled its obligations to game development or whatever else it claims to do, that should be it.
But the SANFL does see itself as a big player in the market. It views itself as a competitor, an alternative to the AFL, which makes the two AFL clubs the opponent. The SANFL operates so far outside of its public mandate it's ridiculous. They should exist as a non-profit organisation, not like a collection of Wall Street bankers.

Grandpa Cornes, official ambassador of the Adelaide Football Corporation, writes an anti-Port article. Who'da thunk it. :rolleyes:

The thing is, how much money does the SANFL need?......
Their is no bounds to the amount of money the SNAFL "needs". Propping up egos and paying megabucks to incompetent cronies is a very expensive business.

x2. He says facebook shows KT has lost respect at Norwood. No, Graham, a few Norwood supporters are pissed off at KT for going to Port. Finding disgruntled people on facebook is the work of a second. And quite often they may even be the same person.
Facebook says Graham Cornes is a campaigner. QED.

My only joy out of his rubbish article is that it reinforces to me how his heart and hopes must have sunk the day that Chad, and later Kane, were recruited to the club he despises most in the world. The tone of the article suggests that he is probably not man enough, nor father enough, to get over it and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wrinkled one says that other sides were involved in drawing crowds to the games that KT mentioned. He is right of course but the common denominator is the Port Adelaide Football Club. Can he tell us the crowd sizes when any of the other 2 played each other and how they compare to our figures? Of course he can but why would he, it would devalue his argument.

Guys don't give the nasty old troll any more oxygen.
He's wrong again, doesn't realise he's wrong and if he did
he wouldn't care.
The sort of sanctimonious old $ANFL stooge that's past his use by
date. He'd insist on having the last word to an echo.
Sure I read the article and just thought.....here we go again......yawn.

A few Christmas gift ideas for Kane to give his old man...

Something to keep his toes warm?

Port-adelaide-Power-sport-sock.gif

(or to 'put a sock in it')

Something for the history buff?

Dynasty_large.jpg

Some memorabilia?

829659-hall-of-fame.jpg

714440-b90032ea-1b5b-11e3-885a-29191a963f6e.jpg

Or perhaps something a bit more practical?

ac-eldercare-is.jpg

peaceful-pill-handbook-philip-nitschke-fiona-stewart-paperback-cover-art.jpg

x2. He says facebook shows KT has lost respect at Norwood. No, Graham, a few Norwood supporters are pissed off at KT for going to Port. Finding disgruntled people on facebook is the work of a second. And quite often they may even be the same person.
cRowie is probably the norwood facebook user who has lower respect for KT, stupid and senile work well together.

Of all the things I could want in the world all I want is to attend a BBQ at the Cornes household with Kane, Chad and GraGra all in attendance. It would be awesome.

And yes, i would have a crack at GraGra's daughter and wife at the BBQ.

At this point it's genuinely perplexing as to whether Graham truly believes everything he says and writes or whether it's a case of being the champion of SA Great/SANFL/Port's Fault for so long he feels obligated to the point of parody not unlike Sam Newman's persona.

What with Chad and Kane - and the latter's playful mocking of everything anti-Port that comes out of his mouth - it's hard not to believe there is a part of Graham that can look at things on balance and think we are getting the shaft.

Sympathy towards Port wouldn't sell papers, get him back for guest spots on 5AA and ultimately pay the bills though, would it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back