Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be more of a small defender get, which we do need. Not as much as we need a tall forward though, or an experienced A-grade midfielder.

Is he a shut down defender or rebounder?

Is he a shut down defender or rebounder?
Knowing the Jones mongrel a bit of both but he would probably be trained more as a lock down player. Got Grimes, Alex Neal-Bullen, Toumpas, Salem, Mitchell White, and Lumumba (in the short-term) as small/medium rebound types. Need to groom someone to support Neville Jetta. Zak had some natural rebound ability anyway.

Knowing the Jones mongrel a bit of both but he would probably be trained more as a lock down player. Got Grimes, Alex Neal-Bullen, Toumpas, Salem, Mitchell White, and Lumumba (in the short-term) as small/medium rebound types. Need to groom someone to support Neville Jetta. Zak had some natural rebound ability anyway.

Sounds a bit like our Braydon Maynard.

They overlooked him 12 months ago

Not to mention I really can't see Sydney letting him go. Internally he is highly rated and is a natural successor to a McVeigh or a Shaw I guess.

Overlooked him at pick 9, where he clearly wasn't fit to go.

Good luck getting him when he is a required player, one who is playing in a side where he could potentially win a flag within the next 3 years. I see Jones as MAYBE going home after his next deal in Sydney where the Swans will enter a mini mini rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck getting him when he is a required player, one who is playing in a side where he could potentially win a flag within the next 3 years. I see Jones as MAYBE going home after his next deal in Sydney where the Swans will enter a mini mini rebuild.
I really couldn't care less. Honestly I hope he doesn't leave Sydney, it's nicer when interstate players choose loyalty over home (unless they're like Dom Tyson and their career is stagnating due to injury/lack of opportunity).

I really couldn't care less. Honestly I hope he doesn't leave Sydney, it's nicer when interstate players choose loyalty over home (unless they're like Dom Tyson and their career is stagnating due to injury/lack of opportunity).

I agree, also as good as Zac is, not sure what the point is from a Melbourne perspective. He would cost a bit, you could head to the draft and find a similar hard nut there. Romantics rarely happen in football. It may happen after his next Swans deal though, but from all reports he loves it in Sydney

I agree, also as good as Zac is, not sure what the point is from a Melbourne perspective. He would cost a bit, you could head to the draft and find a similar hard nut there. Romantics rarely happen in football. It may happen after his next Swans deal though, but from all reports he loves it in Sydney
Agreed. Supposing that the rumour is true, it seems more like the club is going for an easy pick-off (brother/homesickness) rather than searching for a genuine need. If we're going to cough up our first rounder I'd hope it's for a tall forward or experienced midfielder like I said.

Agreed. Supposing that the rumour is true, it seems more like the club is going for an easy pick-off (brother/homesickness) rather than searching for a genuine need. If we're going to cough up our first rounder I'd hope it's for a tall forward or experienced midfielder like I said.

Agreed, although with Hogan who is a gun you have less of a need for a tall forward. I agree with your point though!

What Happens IF he Demands a Trade back to Melbourne?

Then a trade would be arranged. Depending on where we finish, and assuming bottom 4 I'd say our second round pick circa 20 odd would be reasonable.

If we have to pry him out, then probably our first selection.

Agree - As we saw with Ryder and Beams. When a Player Demands to be Traded. Then they get Traded even for Unders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back