Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Just a thought but has the TSL thought of going for a conference system like what the NEAFL used to do?

Maybe they also need to get in on the TV deals through McGuire Media like the VFL and SANFL have.

Just a thought but has the TSL thought of going for a conference system like what the NEAFL used to do?

Maybe they also need to get in on the TV deals through McGuire Media like the VFL and SANFL have.

I guess the TSL draw is a kind of conference system with a southern club playing more games against teams in the south & the opposite for northern sides. Conversely the southern sides play fewer games against the north teams. Finals are played as per position on the ladder.

I've no idea what SANFL/VFL are doing. But I doubt the AFL/TSL bosses would give a toss about live TV or live streaming games. In fact after following things over the last few years I doubt whether they really care about football anyway:rolleyes:

SANFL and VFL are back on commercial TV through Seven, with games on 7Mate -- who'd have thunk that -- thrown in and the WAFL may be getting in on the action too. McGuire Media is behind the deal and yes it's Eddie's company. Something for Prime TV to think about perhaps?

Have heard Sonny Whiting is back at Launceston this year after moving back from the Q also Heard Silky Sinclair Is heading back to Launceston after a stint coaching in the ntfa! any truth to this guys? If True There forward line will be quick again!!

Have heard Sonny Whiting is back at Launceston this year after moving back from the Q also Heard Silky Sinclair Is heading back to Launceston after a stint coaching in the ntfa! any truth to this guys? If True There forward line will be quick again!!

Don't know about Sonny Whiting, but i do know Sinclair has signed on as Asst coach at Prospect again.

Nice to hear your firm & positive comment. BF is full of peoples 'assertions', Indeed thats all we can say about BF, that all comment is just assertion anyway. So I wouldnt worry about that.
It is good to see some quality pickups. I'm sure 'North' will be much more competitive. Wells will be missed, he certainly played some amazing footy at times. Injury didnt help him. We wish him well wherever he goes.
Now, for the sake of the competition, I hope Kingborough can get some pickups & maybe start winning some games.

G'day mate,
Pascoe Vale (EDFL Vic) are delighted to pick up Jesse Wells. He looks fit and strong and by March should be raring to go.
What position did he play his best footy in Tassie? Does he still go in hard and crash them as his a big strong unit so could scare a few...

Cheers

G'day mate,
Pascoe Vale (EDFL Vic) are delighted to pick up Jesse Wells. He looks fit and strong and by March should be raring to go.
What position did he play his best footy in Tassie? Does he still go in hard and crash them as his a big strong unit so could scare a few...

Cheers

Great news, & thanks for your post. I dont see a real lot of games because of my work. But Jesse always looks big, fit & strong. Hamstrings are his problem. He is a quick power unit. He can play back or forward. How good he goes will obviously depend on him keeping fit & the standard of comp. I know nothing about EDFL footy. Ive seen Heidelberg play here preseason a couple of times. Thats the only suburban footy team from Melbourne Ive seen. Do they play Pascoe Vale?
Good luck to Big Jesse & Pascoe Vale!!

Great news, & thanks for your post. I dont see a real lot of games because of my work. But Jesse always looks big, fit & strong. Hamstrings are his problem. He is a quick power unit. He can play back or forward. How good he goes will obviously depend on him keeping fit & the standard of comp. I know nothing about EDFL footy. Ive seen Heidelberg play here preseason a couple of times. Thats the only suburban footy team from Melbourne Ive seen. Do they play Pascoe Vale?
Good luck to Big Jesse & Pascoe Vale!!

Thanks Madmug,
Yeah should go well at Pascoe Vale as grounds a bit smaller so should suit him. Hopefully he is free of injuries as I reckon he could be the difference between Pascoe Vale playing finals and then who knows. Looking to play a key forward role and pinch hit in the ruck. Big blokes are not easy to find.
Heidelberg play in the NFL but are a good side and the leagues are pretty close in standard however the EDFL is probably a bit stronger due to the number of exAFL/VFL in the league.

Thanks Madmug,
Yeah should go well at Pascoe Vale as grounds a bit smaller so should suit him. Hopefully he is free of injuries as I reckon he could be the difference between Pascoe Vale playing finals and then who knows. Looking to play a key forward role and pinch hit in the ruck. Big blokes are not easy to find.
Heidelberg play in the NFL but are a good side and the leagues are pretty close in standard however the EDFL is probably a bit stronger due to the number of exAFL/VFL in the league.

I have known Jesse for many of years his biggest issue is his head....

I mean that in the nicest way cause he's a ripper of a bloke but tells himself he's injured to often..

Jesse is a good honest player, should go very well over there.

Thanks Ruthless & Keen Spectator for the feedback.
Probably on the money boys..

His been very honest with the club which is very good and spoke well at the meet the players night. Already well liked by the club which has really done some good things already to make him feel welcome. The coach, committee & players feel his the right fit & age for Pascoe Vale.
I can tell you he has only left Hobart City to have another crack at a higher level being the EDFL and hopefully get them into the finals as they haven't played finals in the premier division for some years.

Now before I get criticised yes there was a little bit more money involved but that's always the case when recruiting players but his not on big dollars compared to some others in this league. The EDFL payments are higher that the TSL I believe. However there was a time in my day when the TSL paid well and the standard was pretty much comparable to the local leagues in Melb if not better..

All the best to you boys and hope your clubs go well. Bring on the footy I say.

Will try and keep you updated on how Jesse goes if you like..

Thanks Ruthless & Keen Spectator for the feedback.
Probably on the money boys..

His been very honest with the club which is very good and spoke well at the meet the players night. Already well liked by the club which has really done some good things already to make him feel welcome. The coach, committee & players feel his the right fit & age for Pascoe Vale.
I can tell you he has only left Hobart City to have another crack at a higher level being the EDFL and hopefully get them into the finals as they haven't played finals in the premier division for some years.

Now before I get criticised yes there was a little bit more money involved but that's always the case when recruiting players but his not on big dollars compared to some others in this league. The EDFL payments are higher that the TSL I believe. However there was a time in my day when the TSL paid well and the standard was pretty much comparable to the local leagues in Melb if not better..

All the best to you boys and hope your clubs go well. Bring on the footy I say.

Will try and keep you updated on how Jesse goes if you like..

I dont blame him, or any player for taking an opportunity. I get pissed when some local clubs try to pinch players. That is pathetic. Going to Melbourne & playing in a different comp is out of our control, so you can only wish him all the best. I think he would always be welcome back. I liked the way he played.

And yes the footy here has stagnated. All other footy states benefit from having AFL clubs. They have better access to ex AFL players & coaches. We dont.

I dont blame him, or any player for taking an opportunity. I get pissed when some local clubs try to pinch players. That is pathetic. Going to Melbourne & playing in a different comp is out of our control, so you can only wish him all the best. I think he would always be welcome back. I liked the way he played.

And yes the footy here has stagnated. All other footy states benefit from having AFL clubs. They have better access to ex AFL players & coaches. We dont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on madmug about tassie football stagnating, we badly need some new blood, and it needs to start at afl tas, all I see are the same old men, all set in their ways, hanging around year after year after year.

Spot on madmug about tassie football stagnating, we badly need some new blood, and it needs to start at afl tas, all I see are the same old men, all set in their ways, hanging around year after year after year.

Its been made plain who runs football here. The AFL are only interested in generating draft picks & having some local mouth pieces. The game at club level really doesnt matter to them. The AFL has its employees in Argyle st & other than that, couldnt give a stuff.

The game at TSL level wont improve without having the same benefits that other states have. That is having an AFL club here. The constant access to that professional level of players, coaches, administrators & staff would rub off on the game here.

Having two FIFO clubs does nothing for the game in Tasmania. Its only of benefit to the game in Victoria & maybe a bit of economic benefit to the community.

Spot on madmug but I suspect the afl are happy getting their few draftees each year for minimal cost and just as happy would be the old men at afl tas with their hands out for their salaries, well paid for not doing too much.

Spot on madmug but I suspect the afl are happy getting their few draftees each year for minimal cost and just as happy would be the old men at afl tas with their hands out for their salaries, well paid for not doing too much.

I'm past caring these days. They are in the pocket of the AFL who are only interested in established Victorian clubs. The AFL dont care about grass roots football, or Tasmanian football. I'm not going to show any interest if they dont give a rats arse.

Geez you are a bit slow!. It took you 2 weeks to come up with this as a reply:rolleyes:

If you have a comment, or if possible a coherent opinion, then please enlighten us.

I'm keen to know why you think that somehow I am 'too hard on AFL Tasmania'. I have just look at the state of footy here. If you havent got concerns then you must be BDD, or you dont live here & have never read BF before. AFL Tas are actually in charge & do get paid to run the game in Tasmania.

So you've had at least 2 weeks to think about it, lets have your wisdom piece.

Geez you are a bit slow!. It took you 2 weeks to come up with this as a reply:rolleyes:

If you have a comment, or if possible a coherent opinion, then please enlighten us.

I'm keen to know why you think that somehow I am 'too hard on AFL Tasmania'. I have just look at the state of footy here. If you havent got concerns then you must be BDD, or you dont live here & have never read BF before. AFL Tas are actually in charge & do get paid to run the game in Tasmania.

So you've had at least 2 weeks to think about it, lets have your wisdom piece.

Lose the attitude man. You have no idea

Lose the attitude man. You have no idea

I have absolutely 'no idea' what you are on about.

You give a one line criticism, dont say why, give me the thumbs down after 2 weeks, then have a shot about my attitude.!

Dont worry about me. I'm sure I havent chopped, changed &hacked up footy here over the last 20years of so. Just tell us what you think about footy here in Tassie. The good & the bad & the ugly of what AFLTas have done, or perhaps, not done.:rolleyes:

The floor is yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back