Analysis Training Watch - Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I know, but it wasn't even close. Smith also looked like he was trying a lot harder than Breust was in the fleeting moments you could see their faces. I'm not shocked to see Breust being quick. I'm shocked to see him being that much quicker than the best runners in the side.

Best runner and quick are 2 different things.
Smith has sustained speed over a longer distance but for fleet of foot and nimble toes guys like Breust, Cyril and Poppy have him covered.

Best runner and quick are 2 different things.
Smith has sustained speed over a longer distance but for fleet of foot and nimble toes guys like Breust, Cyril and Poppy have him covered.
Smith probably has a higher top speed then those players, certainly higher than breust, but over 20m it is more about acceleration and response time than out right speed. I'd back Smith in to win 100m sprint. Certainly a 200m sprint! Rioli probably the closest to him.

Any word yet on how the new kids are going? Very early of course, but all I can gather so far is that Pittonet and Miles are coping well so far and Langford has a back complaint.

Anything on Howe, JML and Hardisty?

It seems most teams' supporters have at least one new kid they are getting excited over - De Goey, Laverde, Daniel etc. I know we've had so much to be geatful for the last few years and our draft position sucked, but its always nice to hear a 'Hartung is killing it and may debut early in 2014' or a 'Willsmore has seriously impressed the coaches and we might have a rookie draft steal' type of comment about the newbies

If anyone doubts Smith's acceleration, look at his pick up and sprint then the eventual handball to poppy who just missed in the grand final. Right before Hodge intercepted for his 2nd goal.

That pick up and sprint was seriously impressive. I would back him against Breust in a 20 metre sprint. I reckon the training video may just be a once off where Smith didn't exactly give it everything he could have. Who knows really it's just one example we have seen.

Smith probably has a higher top speed then those players, certainly higher than breust, but over 20m it is more about acceleration and response time than out right speed. I'd back Smith in to win 100m sprint. Certainly a 200m sprint! Rioli probably the closest to him.
I love to see a 100m and 200m fought out between Smith, Hill, Hartung, Breust, Poppy and Cyril.

If anyone doubts Smith's acceleration, look at his pick up and sprint then the eventual handball to poppy who just missed in the grand final. Right before Hodge intercepted for his 2nd goal.

That pick up and sprint was seriously impressive. I would back him against Breust in a 20 metre sprint. I reckon the training video may just be a once off where Smith didn't exactly give it everything he could have. Who knows really it's just one example we have seen.
That's precisely why it stood out to me so much. Smith looked like he was giving it a lot more than Breust based on the expression of strain on their faces. Smith even looks to the side like "didn't expect that!".
Certainly bodes well for Breust if he plays more midfield next season. That kind of burst of speed from packs is a feature of some of the best mids about.

That's precisely why it stood out to me so much. Smith looked like he was giving it a lot more than Breust based on the expression of strain on their faces. Smith even looks to the side like "didn't expect that!".
Certainly bodes well for Breust if he plays more midfield next season. That kind of burst of speed from packs is a feature of some of the best mids about.
Yeh it is interesting and I reckon Breust will just continue to get better. Could turn into a great mid, best thing is if he doesn't, we still have one of the best forwards in the comp in him.

He does have good burst speed away from a pack and has great agility so I'm pretty excited to see how good he can become, especially when he is already a star of the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shem was running freely in skills work?
Nah sorry I didn't see him running only in decision based handball work stuff with Rioli, Spang, Whitex etc. Again I have a pic but my phone doesn't appear to allow me to upload...any help there?

Yep watched it last night and rewound it as it was amazingly impressive pick up at full tilt. He also burns around the boundary and launches the ball to the goalsquare for one of our first quarter goals.

Jetta - Lol
Having watched the GF about 20 times now, I think I can say with some certainty that Jetta's game was the most limp, gutless, soft, spineless exhibition ever seen in a grand final.

From his pissweak one-on-one with McEvoy that ended in the first quarter goal to Langers, to sitting on the periphery around every content when they needed ball winners, to going down for 10 minutes because he got a bit of physical contact, to half-heartedly jogging after our players when he should have been genuinely chasing, it was the ******* worst.

Bloods culture! Bullshit! A big ******* lie! When it all got too hard, they looked around for someone else to do it, and Jetta was the epitome of it.

GET ****ed SYDNEY!!!

Having watched the GF about 20 times now, I think I can say with some certainty that Jetta's game was the most limp, gutless, soft, spineless exhibition ever seen in a grand final.

From his pissweak one-on-one with McEvoy that ended in the first quarter goal to Langers, to sitting on the periphery around every content when they needed ball winners, to going down for 10 minutes because he got a bit of physical contact, to half-heartedly jogging after our players when he should have been genuinely chasing, it was the ******* worst.

Bloods culture! Bullshit! A big ******* lie! When it all got too hard, they looked around for someone else to do it, and Jetta was the epitome of it.

GET stuffed SYDNEY!!!

I agree eldorado. If he were at Hawthorn, surely his name would have been prominent in trade discussions. Who knows, maybe his name was thrown around, but due to lack of interest, nothing happened.

GET stuffed SYDNEY!!!

But that is the "Bloods Culture". No lie.

GET stuffed SYDNEY!!!

200_s.gif

GET stuffed SYDNEY!!!

Initially I was thinking Tippett deserved the Leon Davis medal, just because his 'Spud to $$$' ratio is so high. In my preliminary calculations, Rohan and Jetta were right up there. I let Rohan get off because he seems like a decent chap, and is a ranga. With regard to Jetta, as a result of celebrating goal after goal, I lost track of much of the match's finer details and assumed he had been subbed off due to concussion. When I watched the replay and found out he had been put back on, firstly I wondered if Horse should have won the thing, but for an insipid performance on all levels, I think we've had the most worthy winner since the great man himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back