Mega Thread Anti doping Tribunal Hearings - Verdict to be delivered March 31st, 2pm, Docklands. Closed hearing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
But this government body has done it to an AFL club.

That is precisely why we are interested.

I'd still be concerned if it had happened to a Bocce club, but it's likely my concern would have been a bit more muted.
Not me. I'm interested in whether Essendon doped their players.

Maybe and only just maybe, the players have clammed up and are not spilling their guts on the proceedings like the club probably expected them too hence the application to get in on the hearings, just a thought.
What? o_O A) the players aren't even there and B) the first three days have been ASADA laying out their case against the players.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
What? o_O A) the players aren't even there and B) the first three days have been ASADA laying out their case against the players.
A) their still watching a stream and B) they can still report back what is going on with what ASADA are putting on the table, hence why I said maybe the club is not getting any information from the players which is why they wanted in on the hearing.

Do you even know what happens on a public forum? :rolleyes:
Of course.
Let's look at this particular forum for instance...
Some people get a massive moral bee in their arse, about something they do not even vaguely understand and take everything they read in the media as gospel without so much as cursory examination of the evidence or lack there of, then having nailed their premature opinion to the mast they spend an inordinate amount of the next two years speculating, assuming, fabricating, totally misunderstanding even basic issues and hoping that the actual facts in some way justify their life consuming preoccupation.
Along the way others try to show them the error of their ways but they are usually too committed to the "cause" to change tack even when they can see they jumped the gun mightily.
Others not hoodwinked as easily are taken to task for not having a dossier of every word spoken or alluded too by any potential player in the issue , over spelling errors or fabulously irrelevant side issues, anything to keep folk off the scent of their kneejerk overcommitment to a cause without a clue. Even a lack of evidence simply leads to their claims of cover-up simply growing exponentially the less and less evidence is presented

A bit like fundy religious loonies.

How did that AOD thing go... the one which was an open a shut case, because of the airtight WADA code and the absolute certainty of S0?

How did that go Jenny. How many thousands of words di you write telling those who got it absolutely right that they were wrong and you were right only to have your hopes a dreams dashed by reality.

In know exactly what happens on public forums.

People write their opinion as if it should actually mean something and there is an umpire to protect them from raucous ridicule.

Society has real laws which have seen that evolution too is kept at bay....

Of course.
Some people get a massive moral bee in their arse, about something they do not even vaguely understand and take everything they read in the media as gospel without so much as cursory examination of the evidence or lack there of, then having nailed their premature opinion to the mast they spend an inordinate amount of the next two years speculating, assuming, fabricating, totally misunderstanding even basic issues and hoping that the actual facts in some way justify their life consuming preoccupation.
Along the way others try to show them the error of their ways but they are usually too committed to the "cause" to change tack even when they can see they jumped the gun mightily.
Others not hoodwinked as easily are taken to task for not having a dossier of every word spoken or alluded too by any potential player in the issue , over spelling errors or fabulously irrelevant side issues, anything to keep folk off the scent of their kneejerk overcommitment to a cause without a clue. Even a lack of evidence simply leads to their claims of cover-up simply growing exponentially the less and less evidence is presented

How did that AOD thing go... the one which was an open a shut case, because of the airtight WADA code and the absolute certainty of S0?

How did that go Jenny. How many thousands of words di you write telling those who got it absolutely right that they were wrong and you were right only to have your hopes a dreams dashed by reality.

People write their opinion as if it should actually mean something and there is an umpire to protect them from raucous ridicule.

Dribble dribble dribble

NoAFLinmycomp

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Central District
Clammed up? Or fell asleep through 3 days of tedious opening submissions.
I think (and hope) that the penny has finally dropped and the players have finally realised that EFC is looking after EFC, first and foremost (and have been since at least the time of the consent forms)

I'm now hoping that the players seperate themselves from EFC, as I think there is then a better chance that we'll finally get to bottom of what happened.

Those players really need to know what they were injected with, how many times, at what strengths and over what durations and combinations these occurred.

And then unlike the Hird promises in the court challenges, it will then really be "for the players".

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
Of course.

....and then you get twits who act smart and make dopey comments that they later deny when half the world tells them they were wrong.

However, if you have something constructive to add to the board, now would be a good start. Maybe you could start by following the conversations that have occurred on this board when the likes of the anti-ASADA cheer squad are tuned out. Its a really good chance to learn something.

Of course.

How did your asada has nothing go? Or your this will be over soon go? Or your there'll be no infractions? We all make mistakes given we are only going on the evidence available to hand. Some of us, however, don't disappear when our position is proven to be incorrect only to crawl back out of the rock when there might be a chance of getting something right. Some of us have the balls to stay here and acknowledge we got something wrong and debate the reasons why.

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
How did your asada has nothing go? Or your this will be over soon go? Or your there'll be no infractions? We all make mistakes given we are only going on the evidence available to hand. Some of us, however, don't disappear when our position is proven to be incorrect only to crawl back out of the rock when there might be a chance of getting something right. Some of us have the balls to stay here and acknowledge we got something wrong and debate the reasons why.

o_O What ?, are you sure ?.

BlueWorld

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Of course.

I think that sums up the EFC supporters who swallow everything their club or apologists like Chip tell them perfectly.

As for everyone else- most of us have a good understanding of the issues and apply logic and have become comfortably satisfied that EFC have spent the last 2 years trying to avoid having to answer the question of what really happened. Why if they have nothing to hide?

As for AOD. Only EFC supporters seem to see that as a victory or validation it was OK to use. The most basic understanding of the WADA code would tell most people it is a substance unapproved for human use and if you can't see that allowing people like dank to not only try to exploit the WADA code but show no regard for player health is something to point score about then you really must ask yourself whether you think Dank's actions are excusable and whether putting player health at risk is of concern to you.

And yes this is a public forum for discussion of OPINIONS. If we can't express opinions based on what facts are available we may as well not have this forum. If you think this place is so bad why come here and post? The tribunal will consider all the evidence available to it and decide what action if any to take- after it has heard all the evidence- some time in January.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Of course.

There are no shortage of people willing to tell you that AOD is, and was always, 100% prohibited, as clear as day, nothing could have been more certain, absolutely definitive, and that there will still be action in relation to it.

Seriously.

....and then you get twits who act smart and make dopey comments that they later deny when half the world tells them they were wrong.

However, if you have something constructive to add to the board, now would be a good start. Maybe you could start by following the conversations that have occurred on this board when the likes of the anti-ASADA cheer squad are tuned out. Its a really good chance to learn something.
Here's something constructive.
Go off and read every post I have made on the topic since the first ACC presser and find a single instance where I have denied anything, where anyone has accused me of denying anything or more importantly a single post were I have made a statement about the basics of the case which was later found to be wrong. One single instance of either.
I'll take a month off.
You fail you take month off...

I don't know...how is it going?
Obviously you have no response to my original question because you were absolutely wrong.
Simply change the subject...fingers in your ears lalalalalalal.

Now you hope against hope that ASADA has some "secret" proof on which to prop up it's house of cards.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
They stated they would spend 3 days outlining their case...starting on Monday...you do know what day it is I assume...and can read the date on which I posted.
I can "lambast" all I like as is my wont, but possibly I should take account of the emotional investment you have in the case.
Not that I thought my valid question was "lambasting".
I would think a goodly part of the population would be interested to hear if ASADA had produced anything other than the accusations they have been peddling since the case began. I would think you would be interested.
Apparently not as you have all the ammunition you need to draw you third party conclusions

Ok. Your post complaining about about ASADA not doing their 3 days as advertised.

They didn't say they would spend the next three days outlining their case. It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to work out the three days available for them to actually present their outine would be three sitting days. I know what day it is...day two of the hearing.

Don't know how you can question somebody's credibility in evaluating the evidence when you make such strange judgements. You might want to get a dictionary and look up day and date. They're not the same thing (hint, hint)

Oh and your use of the word valid is at odds with the dictionary as well. Something else you can look up.

My post pointing out where you got it wrong (among others saying the same thing)

I simply asked if anyone who was aware what was actually going on had heard anything which was not already in the public arena.
That is pretty clear if you read my post.
Since yourself and Jenny are at pains to discuss anything but semantics of my post I assume, in the absence of any actual reply to my question, that not a ******* single thing has actually happened we were not already well and truly aware of a year ago.
ASADA are still going with the "we got wind of a vibe" prosecution.
But anyway thanks for you reply.;)

Your reply ignoring everything being discussed and pretending you asked something else.

Enjoy your month off.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Ok. Your post complaining about about ASADA not doing their 3 days as advertised.

My post pointing out where you got it wrong (among others saying the same thing)

Your reply ignoring everything being discussed and pretending you asked something else.

Enjoy your month off.

That's it???

You're sort of confirming everything Mr Pie-eyed was complaining about.

Point out where my position has been proven incorrect, when I have "disappeared" and where you have debated how you got anything wrong?
I've been here since the first day...
I m glad at least you admit I have a chance my position may be proven correct though....cheers.

BlueWorld

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I don't know...how is it going?
Obviously you have no response to my original question because you were absolutely wrong.
Simply change the subject...fingers in your ears lalalalalalal.

Now you hope against hope that ASADA has some "secret" proof on which to prop up it's house of cards.
Keep on doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing: Premature opinion about ASADA's case which you took from the media as gospel without so much as cursory examination of the evidence or lack there of.:rolleyes:

Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Point out where my position has been proven incorrect, when I have "disappeared" and where you have debated how you got anything wrong?
I've been here since the first day...
I m glad at least you admit I have a chance my position may be proven correct though....cheers.

it's cool jenny, i'll jump in.

My money is on ASADA having nothing...nothing whatsoever...and claiming they need another 6months to exercise their new coercive powers in a desperate bid to save face.

I feel it is an "Interim" report solely because ASADA do not have the evidence required to produce a report which draws any conclusions.
I think you'll find it's going to be a "vibe" thing.

Obviously they are trying to find the right person to come clean and fess up to having nothing but hot air, innuendo and a poorly conceived poll of internet searches to base their grandiose claims on...
Even in the unlikely event they charge any player with any sporting offense they have failed uncover a single crime of any kind. Nothing.

As I posted a long time ago the entire issue is nothing more than a funding grab by ASADA and the ACC.

ASADA will never admit they have Sweet FA.They will slip out the final report in several years time and still claim each case is still open.

next time, how about you thing twice before you jump up on that pompous grandstand of yours with a holier than thou attitude to point out something someone was wrong about, and how you were so open minded trying to show people the error of their ways... all the while trying to hide the egg dripping down your face?

not_working

Senior List
Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
1. It's a matter of opinion whether the possible taking of mickey mouse roids is more important than upholding basic legal protections. It's absolutely crazy that a mass murderer would have more legal rights than a footballer playing a game only played at the arsend of the world.

2. If this is the worst case scenario, it sort of helps underscore my philosophy on this front.

You have to get off the whole "mickey-mouse roids" idea - it doesn't really matter what the actual side-effects of Thymosin TB4 are? (I don't know myself, they may in fact be harmless)
Bottom line it doesn't matter, there is a list of prohibited substances that ASADA/WADA maintains and informs athletes about upon request. Everything on that list is off limits - easy. There will be some seriously harmful stuff and some that may not have any effect - you can argue about the composition of the list, but only before you take anything on it.

Any suggestions about a possible different process?

And then, once a list has been established, you need some sort of way to enforce no athletes is taking any substances on this list ...

it's cool jenny, i'll jump in.

next time, how about you thing twice before you jump up on that pompous grandstand of yours with a holier than thou attitude to point out something someone was wrong about, and how you were so open minded trying to show people the error of their ways... all the while trying to hide the egg dripping down your face?
Excellent work!

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
You have to get off the whole "mickey-mouse roids" idea - it doesn't really matter what the actual side-effects of Thymosin TB4 are? (I don't know myself, they may in fact be harmless)
Bottom line it doesn't matter, there is a list of prohibited substances that ASADA/WADA maintains and informs athletes about upon request. Everything on that list is off limits - easy. There will be some seriously harmful stuff and some that may not have any effect - you can argue about the composition of the list, but only before you take anything on it.

Any suggestions about a possible different process?

And then, once a list has been established, you need some sort of way to enforce no athletes is taking any substances on this list ...

Completely harmless.

Very much open to debate whether it is performance enhancing.

At this point, zero hard evidence that any of the 34 players was administered with it (let alone all 34).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back