Bruce Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is NOT a journalist.

He has never claimed to be a journalist.

He was approached by a journalist friend to look into it from an independent perspective (he comes from a non-AFL background).

As a result of what he has observed from the documentation made available to him, he has concluded that Hird, Thompson and Corcoran have been wronged.

I agree Thompson has been wronged,Hird and Corcoran are absolute grubs though,that's from the information that's been made available to me.

xvi. (88) Patient A used the services of Alavi’s Como Compounding Pharmacy to fill Willcourt’s scripts. In respect of his Amino Acid treatment, Patient ‘A’ personally bought two large (500ml) vials of Amino Acid over-the-counter at a local chemist in Mexico without a prescription.

BF's RESPONSE:

This is pure fabrication. It was not bought over the counter in Mexico. The substance was purchased in El-Paso, which is in the United States of America. The last time El-Paso was in Mexico was when Jim Bowie, Colonel Travers and Davy Crockett were defeated at the Alamo in 1836. It was returned to the USA in about 1848. This story was leaked to the media, which denigrated Essendon over the Mexican link.

Complete BS .

There's that mention of $100,000 of invoices.

Who are they with? What are they for?

In ASADA's interim report, they refer to just one solitary invoice from Alavi being paid by EFC, for $19,000, for a range of benign substances.
Hmmm ... I'm gessing that might be a few other government agencies interested in all those invoices, other than just ASADA.

Have they shown up yet?

Hird confirmed his position in respect of Mr Robinson’s proposal via email:

“Sounds good Deano [Robinson], you know my thoughts on supplements.

1. It must not harm the player

2. It must not be illegal (according to WADA and AFL drug guidelines)

3. We must get player consent

As long as we stick to those guidelines and you and Steve [Dank] think it will help us then let’s go for it.”
(BF)
<sigh> trotting that one out again?

I'll counter with the "Monty Python defence" .... "Nudge, nudge ... wink, wink ... say no MOAR!!"

My first (and possibly last) post. I have been following these pages for many months, but did not feel as though I knew enough to comment knowledgeably, and so I haven't.

But I had a desperate desire to find out what really went on, and this I thought was the best place to look.

I didn't want a purely Essendon view, I wanted an adult debate.

I am deeply disappointed in the treatment of Bruce Francis, who had access to more information than probably any of us. Certainly, his emotive "Letter to the Editor" style is polarising and therefore would raise hackles, but he has access to and has thoroughly analysed arguably more information than any of us and I would have liked him to be able to answer some probing questions and defend his opinions.

As an aside, there is a reason why scientific papers are never written in the first person, and it is because you must only discuss the facts, and provide logical reasoning and data without the addition of emotional or personal language to back up any conclusions. I think Bruce would have gained better reception generally if he had been able to avoid the emotive language. I personally was wary of taking his conclusions at face value, as deeply satisfying as they were to read at times.

Hearing about his personal situation has helped me understand why he has come to be so invested in this despite his non-interest in AFL previously.

Which is why I am so PISSED at the behaviour of some of the posters on this board who have attacked his motivations and Chelseacarlton contributed nothing to the debate but simply posted rude comments about his test career. (I consider it highly unlikely that you ever represented your country in anything, and even if you had you should have the personal experience to respect the fact that he did.)

It was only a few weeks ago that an Essendon BF poster tragically committed suicide. Many sympathetic posts came from supporters of all stripes. People talked about the need for looking out for others.

Bruce himself said he was not suicidal, but he hopes every day not to wake up, and the task of analysing the interim report gave him a reason to get out of bed after 12 months. And look how he was treated! This forum is a zoo full of monkeys throwing s**t at each other. In this case it is the rabid "Essendon is guilty on all counts" crew (aka foam royalty) but some Essendon supporters have also been culpable in the past.

He has the courage to post under his own name and wrote some deeply personal stuff only to be derided, followed up by indifference, sarcasm and a small minded troll post. His personal post about caring for his terminally ill parents was partially in response to a jibe about patients he thought was aimed at him. I wouldn't bother posting again here if I was him either.

With regard to the two "lies" some claimed that they caught him out on:

Firstly I perfectly understand why Bruce may have been inconsistent when talking about whether he spoke to or emailed his source, as he doesn't want to reveal her (or him). In fact I find it a bit reassuring that he isn't very good at covering his tracks, he isn't a practiced liar.

Secondly the development with Alavi who according to a conversation with one ASADA investigator (I too thought the wording "one" slightly odd) believed he got TB4 from Charter, but according to his interview with Chip was not exactly sure what it was. This last was all that was referenced by Bruce and the ASADA revelation is I believe a relatively new development that he may not have been aware of. He posted previously composed material I have seen before, I don't believe he was lying. I am surprised nobody has considered Alavi may have had some legal advice prior to talking to Chip, not unlike the Essendon players. i.e. tell the truth, but do not speculate - only say what you know to be true. He may have been told and believed it was TB4 (which it looks like it was, not that it proves much yet in my opinion), but he can truthfully say he didn't "know".

We are the poorer without him and I despair at the quality of this debate.
So "Max", who is your "Edison"?

More from Bruce:
No evidence of any wrong-doing by Dank with respect to the invoice you refer to. I discussed it with Dank at length. Alavi claims he delivered 26 vials in a foam esky. The vials were clear and unlabelled. Dank told me he received 8 clear unlabelled vials in a foam esky packed with ice. Dank claimed the product was destroyed when it was exposed to light. He therefore claimed a refund. I have no idea whether he is telling the truth or not. No else knows either so I think it is wrong to speculate. Essendon has been smashed for nearly two years because people have speculated without facts. Dank, Evans, Robson (re Black Cavier issue) deserve the same treatment as we believe Hird was entitled to.

That said, I can't reconcile the need for Dank to have ordered seven separate blood tests for 45 players. Martin Hardie got quite volatile when I questioned that. In particular, in my view, there is no way the costs should have been claimed on Medicare. As such blood tests require a referral from a doctor I have no idea who signed the 315 referral forms.

To help receive the equivalent of TGA approval for AOD-9604, a number of case studies needed to be performed. I am not qualified to judge whether those case studies were conducted under the strict conditions that are required. David Kenley and Dank believe AOD-9604 could be worth billions.

michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

More from Bruce:

michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

I really don't know why anybody hangs onto what this bloke says.

3 paragraphs with something in common

" I have no idea "
" I have no idea "
" I am not qualified "

Yet some regard him as gospel, desperation I guess, hearing what they want to hear.

I really don't know why anybody hangs onto what this bloke says.

3 paragraphs with something in common

" I have no idea "
" I have no idea "
" I am not qualified "

Yet some regard him as gospel, desperation I guess, hearing what they want to hear.
I haven't seen anyone claiming he is gospel except for those, like yourself, claiming that others think he is gospel :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody wants to read the 'other' bits of the interim report these days. Bruce, I recommend you take out the bits that we don't need

So "Max", who is your "Edison"?
I'm a woman actually but I couldn't resist the Max Headroom non de plume, just too perfect - the original avatar. The only places I have posted before are on help forums mostly, I have a Facebook account but don't feel the need to share my life (and my family's) with everyone and so I rarely post there.
I loved this movie but I haven't seen it for a long time and you can't get the original British version anymore which was blacker and much funnier. I'd probably cringe if I saw it now. And Amanda Pays was hot! (Said as a straight woman, but she was).

If there is anyone else out there with access to the interim report and/or brief of evidence, and who is referencing large chunks from it, let's have a look at it. Put up the links.

Better still, can you or Bruce provide the links to the full 'interim report". I like to read a report in its entirety. Can make a significant difference in interpretation and understanding.

I'm a woman actually but I couldn't resist the Max Headroom non de plume, just too perfect - the original avatar. The only places I have posted before are on help forums mostly, I have a Facebook account but don't feel the need to share my life (and my family's) with everyone and so I rarely post there.
I loved this movie but I haven't seen it for a long time and you can't get the original British version anymore which was blacker and much funnier. I'd probably cringe if I saw it now. And Amanda Pays was hot! (Said as a straight woman, but she was).
aha yes, the british pilot was darker and better, but the US TV series is about all we can get now, unless you get lucky on the "tube" (it's there) and of course Amanda is in both!

I was being a bit tongue in cheek - your timing of first post was quite a coincidence (long running joke for Echols and the book of "Essendon saga coincidences"), almost as if one of the regulars had started another avatar. I.e. "max" being the new avatar for an original "Edison" - "Two minds, but with one, single memory!"

But it's OK to claim they did no wrong for nearly two years because people have speculated without facts.

We have facts.

1. We know for a fact what the players injection regime was (from the players own mouths).
2. We know for a fact that the Bombers have no paper trail, records or invoices that disclose what substances were administered under/during this injections regime.

These two certain FACTS alone are enough for Essendon to deserve to be smashed.

I've never seen so many conspiracy theories, obviously the fate of the World itself is in the balance over this case.

ACC, ASADA and all involved with them are apparently willing to throw there lives away, to get the result in this case that they desire, poor old James and Essendon, so brave so very very brave.

"Afluminati".....?

He is NOT a journalist.

He has never claimed to be a journalist.

He was approached by a journalist friend to look into it from an independent perspective (he comes from a non-AFL background).

As a result of what he has observed from the documentation made available to him, he has concluded that Hird, Thompson and Corcoran have been wronged.

He comes across as anything but independent and some of his claims to protect Hird are bordering on ludicrous.

Most of the posts copied here are no more than an opinion much like the rest of us have, how old is that interim report he supposedly has and how much of it is he selectively commenting on?

Did he chat to any of the people he has hung out to dry or did he just take for granted what Hird has told him?

It wasn't all one way traffic - BF did also say this:

The issue of Evans-Calzada-AOD-Dank remains one of the great unanswered questions in all of this.

There are also unresolved medicare fraud issues .

Alavi is playing all innocent victim - but why was Alavi involved in all of this in the first place? If EFC were just taking stuff you can buy at chemist warehouse (like they claim) - they didn't ever need Alavi.

That's the amazing thing all this effort sourcing drug's from China to Mexico and using a Compounding Chemists and on and off site needle regimes and all for something they could have taken in some baby formula, 34 baby bottles and a KG of thymomodulin with a few amino acids and vitamins thrown in for Spike would have only set Essendon back about $400 dollars including postage.

The bolder parts are part of the reason I can't take Bruce seriously and his work is full of misinterpretations of fact.

As a former employee of the acc and who was there the day AD and other CEOs from other sports turned up for their briefing I have a very good understanding of the process.

The briefing was not in any way secret or held at a classified level. It was held in the conference room and was a normal meeting. The conclusions being discussed by jevtovic were as a result of examination whose content specifically cannot be be shared. The outcome though, can. Eg 'Your sport has raised our attention..

That Jevotovic never confirmed it was Essendon clarifies that the content of examinations was not shared, just the outcome.

There is nothing confidential about that and AD is allowed to draw his own conclusions about that shared outcome and then call Evans and talk to him about it. He is not breaking the law by telling people about his briefing, indeed he and the other CEO's of major sports were being given a heads up as they should. He is allowed to try and apply damage control to what he suspected was coming. There's a reason the ACC published a statement saying that AD had done nothing wrong... because he hadn't. Despite this people keep pushing the line.

The quotes above show to me that the articles written are poorly researched and use selective conclusions to bias the reader...and they're full of such examples. He comes across as an enthusiastic amateur.

We waste lot of time on the supposed leak - The leak could have come from a variety of sources in the ACC/State Police Forces/ASADA/Lawyers - There would be at least a 100 people who would have access to all or some of the documents.

My understanding is that information was leaked to an Essendon official from a source loosely connected to the ACC - This was at least 2 or 3 days before Vlad's alleged tip off.

Understood, and agree. Hos story was the minister said they would not give him permission to publish teh report (or parts of) but they wouldn't prosecute him if he did.

But agree, a govt minister would be the best place for it to go.

I am unsure if Bruce will pressure the Minister - I asked Bruce on BB if there has been any Government interference ( Liberal ) - Bruce is insistent there has only been interference from the ALP which is widely acknowledged. Think Bruve has his blinkers on when it concerns the Liberal Party.

So the contention seems to be that Reid reports Tribulus (or something) to Harcourt because Reid is suspicious. The drug is declared allowed. Doesn't that imply that Harcourt did something? Doesn't it suggest on hearing of Reid's concerns they (or someone) investigated and signed-off on the drug?

Far from failing to act on Reid's concern doesn't the fact that the drug was investigated and found to be compliant rather prove that the AFL (Harcourt at least) did some checks?

Two parts to my response

I agree that the AFL did something - never disputed this fact - What I am implying is that the AFL were already investigating ( secretly ) one or two clubs with the help of ASADA. My opinion is that the AFL were suspicious that PED's were being used by clubs, and hoped to catch a player with a positive test, and then suspend a player and keep it confidential ( think it would have eventually got out ) under the NAD scheme . then the AFl could quietly say to clubs this must stop !

Second part is referring to the discussion about players potentially suing the AFL/EFC - By the AFL sitting on Dr Reid's information, and not directly intervening, after explicitly warning EFC to steer away from peptides months earlier could leave the AFL in a vulnerable position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back