Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head over to the cricket board you're a definitely in the minority. He didn't deserve the call up in the first place and bowled fruit for the sideboard. Starc out Harris in. 'Primary role' you said below, well he's crap at bowling.

Bats in the top 7 and his highest score in the last 12 months is 22. Yes 22.

Any keeper can do what he's doing with the gloves which in all honesty are most regulation catches.

The six state keepers could all also average higher than his '22'. He's 37 as well. Cull the deadwood time!

he'll get a game because Marsh is injured but it's sickening he's been crap for years now. Injury prone and usually wastes DRS challenges. Again, cull deadwood time!
Listening to Healy talk about him as Australia's 4th best ever keeper was sickening. He conveniently forgot to mention Gilchrist in his list too, ******* idiot. Has no problem bigging himself up though.

no one did get you started, you felt like throwing that bone in yourself....very unfortunate....

That's true, but it's a figure of speech. Ever had a conversation about something when someone else turns around and says 'And don't get me started... (to get them started :p)'

He was a very good state level batsman, played a handful of decent tests and the rest were average if not piss poor. If you've been dropped 3 times it says something about your consistency and lack of ability. Having said that, it was very unfortunate what happened to him and wouldn't wish it happening to anyone else.

Listening to Healy talk about him as Australia's 4th best ever keeper was sickening. He conveniently forgot to mention Gilchrist in his list too, ******* idiot. Has no problem bigging himself up though.

That's true, but it's a figure of speech. Ever had a conversation about something when someone else turns around and says 'And don't get me started... (to get them started :p)'

He was a very good state level batsman, played a handful of decent tests and the rest were average if not piss poor. If you've been dropped 3 times it says something about your consistency and lack of ability. Having said that, it was very unfortunate what happened to him and wouldn't wish it happening to anyone else.
oh dear. your a bit of a grinch aren't you. finding healy 'sickening', calling him an idiot, bagging hughes a few weeks after his passing.

cheer up big fella, it's just cricket.

No idea why the commentators were talking Haddin up as being better than Gilchrist, potentially our 4th best ever keeper. If anything he's been between par and disappointing as far as wicket keepers around the world go. It's just that the chap from Victoria wasn't given a good enough go while NSW/WA/SA mediocrity still gets picked.

Why we still have Haddin, Watson and Rodgers in the team stumps me. Surely, out of at least 50,000 adult cricket players in Australia, there's someone who can open better than him. Don't get me started on Phil Hughes, very unfortunate, but a very average cricketer.

Disagree with you on Hughes, and agree Haddin's best is gone, but for me the most bewildering selection is Watson.

He is the most over-rated, under-performing cricketer I've ever seen. He's proven time and again that he is not a test batsman, never was, and has the stats to prove it. He consistently fails, and is the poorest No. 3 going around by a country mile.

Yet they keep selecting him.

And his bowling isn't any better, although, as they say, from time to time sh*t gets wickets.

That all assumes, of course, that he even makes the starting 11, rather than doing rehab. If he scored runs as regularly as he tore a heart string he'd be one of our all time greats.

Rant over :oops:

Disagree with you on Hughes, and agree Haddin's best is gone, but for me the most bewildering selection is Watson.

He is the most over-rated, under-performing cricketer I've ever seen. He's proven time and again that he is not a test batsman, never was, and has the stats to prove it. He consistently fails, and is the poorest No. 3 going around by a country mile.

And his bowling isn't any better, although, as they say, from time to time sh*t gets wickets.

That all assumes, of course, that he even makes the starting 11, rather than doing rehab. If he scored runs as regularly as he tore a heart string he'd be one of our all time greats.

A "number 3 batsman" (I use the term lightly) who goes out missing the ball (B, LBW, St) more than 40% of the time.

A "number 3 batsman" (I use the term lightly) who goes out missing the ball (B, LBW, St) more than 40% of the time.

Yep, and one who has played 53 tests now and only scored 4 centuries, when No. 3 is supposed to be the best, most consistent stroke maker in your side.

genius moment of the day. get back from locking up the menagerie (one whole group of chickens was completely missing, giving me a heart attack as the wife is in the big smoke for the weekend and letting a fox take 20 in one evening is probably not going to go down well, but fortunately they had bunked up in another coop with a separate breed proving the race relations bill we passed in the farm yard earlier this year is finally working and leading to some pioneering chickens desegratating....but i digress)...

the genius moment was pouring a coke (original with no added happy juice) pop it down on the bench, notice i spilled a bit, trying to clean the spill 3 times before realizing it was the shadow of the handle of the glass, not a spill. 'the glass' by the way is a giant cats beer glass purchased in 2007, along with my membership that year. the day it breaks i know we are in trouble, it will probably be the day selwood retires....

now i can't remember what i was saying....

anyway...all animals accounted for, no spills to clean up, and no family to boss me around so i think i will put the 2007 GF on in the background and read a book. yes, that is a wild bachelor night for me....

genius moment of the day. get back from locking up the menagerie (one whole group of chickens was completely missing, giving me a heart attack as the wife is in the big smoke for the weekend and letting a fox take 20 in one evening is probably not going to go down well, but fortunately they had bunked up in another coop with a separate breed proving the race relations bill we passed in the farm yard earlier this year is finally working and leading to some pioneering chickens desegratating....but i digress)...

the genius moment was pouring a coke (original with no added happy juice) pop it down on the bench, notice i spilled a bit, trying to clean the spill 3 times before realizing it was the shadow of the handle of the glass, not a spill. 'the glass' by the way is a giant cats beer glass purchased in 2007, along with my membership that year. the day it breaks i know we are in trouble, it will probably be the day selwood retires....

anyway...all animals accounted for, no spills to clean up, and no family to boss me around so i think i will put the 2007 GF on in the background and read a book. yes, that is a wild bachelor night for me....
made me laugh

Agree on Rogers usually but thought this test was the best I'd seen him for a while. Usually I reckon he's hopeless.
I think he's just not good enough. He's scored a few 50s and a few hundreds when he's been on the chopping block and done just enough to survive for another test or two. Watch him at the G make 20 in 200 balls in both innings. The sooner we flog him off the better. Just looks like he lacks the technique to play at the top level and definitely the concentration.

oh dear. your a bit of a grinch aren't you. finding healy 'sickening', calling him an idiot, bagging hughes a few weeks after his passing.

cheer up big fella, it's just cricket.

Have you heard him though? He's worthy of punching the mute button. Most cricket fans bagged Hughes while he played and right up to his unfortunate and untimely death as being an out-of-depth test cricketer. It doesn't really change if he's alive or otherwise (rip).

Yeah, thought it from the first time he played and still think it. He's a good 1 day player, scores good runs and takes 1-2 wickets per game, you know a reliable all-rounder. Rubbish test cricketer who's only good fielding position is slips, can't run fast enough, can't really dive without screwing up his legs or back, hitting boundaries or hitting out. At least he's probably our 2nd best line bowler after Harris, just doesn't get wickets. We'll never see him pound out 20 overs in an innings again because his body can't take it.

Are you sure you aren't blonde? :p

He must have meant 4th most Tests as keeper, because I've actually seen 10 better Australian Test keepers than him. And that's not counting the legends such as Langley, Tallon, Oldfield.

Have you heard him though? He's worthy of punching the mute button. Most cricket fans bagged Hughes while he played and right up to his unfortunate and untimely death as being an out-of-depth test cricketer. It doesn't really change if he's alive or otherwise (rip).
i enjoy the current team, but miss the lineup we grew up with. ritchie, bill, tony....come to think of it, i think i miss billy birmingham the most....

I think he's just not good enough. He's scored a few 50s and a few hundreds when he's been on the chopping block and done just enough to survive for another test or two. Watch him at the G make 20 in 200 balls in both innings. The sooner we flog him off the better. Just looks like he lacks the technique to play at the top level and definitely the concentration.

Yeah, thought it from the first time he played and still think it. He's a good 1 day player, scores good runs and takes 1-2 wickets per game, you know a reliable all-rounder. Rubbish test cricketer who's only good fielding position is slips, can't run fast enough, can't really dive without screwing up his legs or back, hitting boundaries or hitting out. At least he's probably our 2nd best line bowler after Harris, just doesn't get wickets. We'll never see him pound out 20 overs in an innings again because his body can't take it.

Like you, I've never rated Watson from Day 1, and as for the one dayers, I reckon he can put his limited success down to the fact that everything is tailored to the batsman's advantage, and when bowling, he gets lucky occasionally only cos they're trying to smash his cream puffs outta the park.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must have meant 4th most Tests as keeper, because I've actually seen 10 better Australian Test keepers than him. And that's not counting the legends such as Langley, Tallon, Oldfield.
i was sad when gilly got selected ahead of zoehrer. how could this guy who can't get a game for NSW come over here and oust timmy from the WA team!

i cheered up pretty quick.

Lol. I had a cats beer glass once. Was the best glass. Yeah I dont have it anymore it broke. :(

Nope, he meant 4th best. I just tuned out when he (Healy) started talking himself about how good he was and how much impact he had on Australian cricket. Nothing compared to what Gilchrist was able to do world wide for international cricket with regards to influencing kids to become wicket keepers and be the best batsman they could be. Healy was a great keeper and a reasonable batsman, but a damn boring player and an even more boring commentator. I remember watching him score his century in the 90's pretty much falling asleep.

Like you, I've never rated Watson from Day 1, and as for the one dayers, I reckon he can put his limited success down to the fact that everything is tailored to the batsman's advantage, and when bowling, he gets lucky occasionally only cos they're trying to smash his cream puffs outta the park.......
Watch him bowl though, it's all ODI line & length, which I know is similar to test cricket, but is meant to block the batsman up. He's not quick enough to bowl good bouncers nor does he swing it nearly enough or get the off/leg cutters moving much.

Nope, he meant 4th best. I just tuned out when he (Healy) started talking himself about how good he was and how much impact he had on Australian cricket. Nothing compared to what Gilchrist was able to do world wide for international cricket with regards to influencing kids to become wicket keepers and be the best batsman they could be. Healy was a great keeper and a reasonable batsman, but a damn boring player and an even more boring commentator. I remember watching him score his century in the 90's pretty much falling asleep.

Then it's just ignorant rubbish.

i just realised all my cats merch. is 2007 or before. i can only put it down to the kids beginning to arrive in jan 08, meaning the money for such frivolities dried up....though they each have a cats jumper with no.3 on the back. that way i can have either 2 jimmy bartel's or 1 max rooke, depending on if they are being friendly with each other or not.

In the memory bank this post goes. 2015 poster of the year nomination coming up for Shell!

Same here, once you've gone Vanilla you can't go back!
Coke in general is more of a cleaner, not great for your insides.

Having said that Vanilla Coke is by far the best and it is a shame they don't sell them in cans anymore :(

i just realised all my cats merch. is 2007 or before. i can only put it down to the kids beginning to arrive in jan 08, meaning the money for such frivolities dried up....though they each have a cats jumper with no.3 on the back. that way i can have either 2 jimmy bartel's or 1 max rooke, depending on if they are being friendly with each other or not.

I buy very little merchandise. Good luck to those who wanna buy lots of stuff but I think less is more.

I have one of my first ever scarves still- with the old angry cat logo which I will never, ever part with. I buy a new jumper every 5 or so years, and just have a coffee mug and a few caps. And those books that came out with every premiership. And the DVDs.

I buy very little merchandise. Good luck to those who wanna buy lots of stuff but I think less is more.

I have one of my first ever scarves still- with the old angry cat logo which I will never, ever part with. I buy a new jumper every 5 or so years, and just have a coffee mug and a few caps. And those books that came out with every premiership. And the DVDs.

yeah i have the DVDs too. i remember rushing out to get the 2006 NAB cup one, finally a premiership!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back