Half Term Tony. Is it a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he aint going to be a one term wonder, he is getting flak from all the leaners in society, but the silent majority agree with the course he is taking. Its always the emptiest vessel that makes the most noise, and all that nosie is coming from the slackers in society who are getting asked to pull their own weight.

And this is why the Libs are so out of touch, and why Tony will be lucky to last the term.

I happen to think what you said is pure bullshit. I'm employed full time and have been for the last seven years. I'm a professional middle class and by no means a leaner. But sure, go ahead and dismiss people like me as loud slackers looking for a handout when I criticise Abbott. Lets see how that goes for the lib vote in the next two years.

Because he aint going to be a one term wonder, he is getting flak from all the leaners in society, but the silent majority agree with the course he is taking. Its always the emptiest vessel that makes the most noise, and all that nosie is coming from the slackers in society who are getting asked to pull their own weight.
The polls seem to suggest otherwise....

You calling other partisan is funny.

Will you reply to me this time or delete your reply like last time?

And this is why the Libs are so out of touch, and why Tony will be lucky to last the term.

I happen to think what you said is pure bullshit. I'm employed full time and have been for the last seven years. I'm a professional middle class and by no means a leaner. But sure, go ahead and dismiss people like me as loud slackers looking for a handout when I criticise Abbott. Lets see how that goes for the lib vote in the next two years.
I dont look at your type as leaners, you work and contribute, i am all for cracking down on the disability pension which every second person is on, the ones in housing commission who can get their own home, im not here to pay for a roof over their head, the ones who want medical treatment for free, pay a contribution, the ones who want us to pay for their university degree , this is what i meant

It's interesting that there are posters out there that want free tertiary education. The thing is that primary and secondary education is not free. It costs money to enroll your kids. Not to mention the building fund you are asked to contribute to, even though your child has probably moved on before the new building is built.

I didn't say you ignored me, I said you replied and then deleted the post.

You can't demand others open both eyes when it is clear you only have one open.
This forum is so overwhelmingly anti Abbott which started the day before he took over as Prime Minister, hardly any of them gave him a chance and were just waiting to sink the boot in. Well they have had their go and done it very well i might add. But i never thought they would be so relentless and vicious in their attack, you would think Abbott isnt human.

This forum is so overwhelmingly anti Abbott which started the day before he took over as Prime Minister, hardly any of them gave him a chance and were just waiting to sink the boot in. Well they have had their go and done it very well i might add. But i never thought they would be so relentless and vicious in their attack, you would think Abbott isnt human.
Did you miss the last parliament ? I hardly think Abbott is unique in his treatment on this forum or though the media. Besides, he is reaping what he sowed by his parties appalling behaviour as an opposition.

And anyway, he has proven all of them right! After campaigning on a platform of honest transparent governance they have been anything but!!

I won't pick a side of barrack for any of them as they are all ****ed.

It's interesting that there are posters out there that want free tertiary education. The thing is that primary and secondary education is not free. It costs money to enroll your kids. Not to mention the building fund you are asked to contribute to, even though your child has probably moved on before the new building is built.
What is all this stuff about free education? My wife's hecs would suggest otherwise.

And nothing is "free"...

Abbott is human? OMG, thought he was just a puppet for big business, you know what I mean - the lifters.

What is all this stuff about free education? My wife's hecs would suggest otherwise.

And nothing is "free"...
And apprentices have a HECS style loan system as well. Some industries it will not effect (printing) but others where tools are a requirement (construction) it could be substantial.

You know how when thinking about time. When you think forwards, a certain amount of time feels like an eternity, but when looking back, time seems to have passed quickly? God, the two years ahead before we get to boot this pitiful, miserable excuse for a government out feels like we will have to wait til the end of time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know how when thinking about time. When you think forwards, a certain amount of time feels like an eternity, but when looking back, time seems to have passed quickly? God, the two years ahead before we get to boot this pitiful, miserable excuse for a government out feels like we will have to wait til the end of time!

Isn't it closer to 22 months rather than 24? :)

Thats why a lot of people voted for him, to take a stand with all the leaners, there are way too many and the country can no longer afford them. You dont realise the old days of people being looked after for life are over , the monies are not there and us the taxpayers dont want to do it anymore. Shorten doesnt get this but you cant go back to some having to support others who wont do it themselves. The soft times are over.
Hockey's so called lifters are the biggest leaners of all.

Hockey's so called lifters are the biggest leaners of all.

They seem to think because they pay more tax than the average worker that makes it ok for them not to pay the proper rate, people like this are economic cancer and should be ashamed of themselves because obviously they hold a larger market share in that sector than the tax they are paying.

For example old mate Rupert only pays 7%, this measly amount still angers him and he feels he is being ripped as it means he still contributes millions in tax. Which is a lot for an individual. Now the problem with that is his share of consumers is essentially our population, more of what it should be for an individual and that's where the problem lies. The reality is he's taking a market share that should be filled by thousands of other smaller businesses.

Imagine the country only had one service station where 20 million people need take their cars to fill up. Now that service station has just stolen the market share from the hundreds of others across the country. So it has robbed the careers of hundreds but still argues because it makes billions (only as a result of it's national monopoly) that it is entitled to further wealth in tax cuts...

The great irony is the consumers will always buy fuel and papers but if Murdoch was replaced with thousands of smaller businesses they each would not get the 7% rate he would, with the same amount of consumers at the same price the revenue is the same but the tax at the proper rate, the tax generated would be say 47% in the dollar instead of 7% (therefore Murdoch is a burden to society mathematically 7 times over).

They're not even leaners they're cancers, yes they lean while their staff lift and pay a proper tax rate but despite leaning they're also detrimental to our economy due to the controlling market share they hold, it stops better people from entering the same market and making it better. Other "fresher" people who are more productive/effective are locked out as a result of the monopolies thus can't even get a foot in to compete. It's Gina's way or the highway.

So useless is a massive understatement when it comes to the rich.

Last edited:
Thats why a lot of people voted for him, to take a stand with all the leaners, there are way too many and the country can no longer afford them. You dont realise the old days of people being looked after for life are over , the monies are not there and us the taxpayers dont want to do it anymore.

The problem is, as many have said before, that Howard turned the middle class in to welfare recipients to support his socially conservative agenda. The problem with the budget has nothing to do with the so called people on public housing who can afford a house (120,000 person queue for public housing in NSW btw) but with the fact that the last conservative government used Federal funds to try and drag us back to the Menzies era of the white picket fence.

The problem is, as many have said before, that Howard turned the middle class in to welfare recipients to support his socially conservative agenda. The problem with the budget has nothing to do with the so called people on public housing who can afford a house (120,000 person queue for public housing in NSW btw) but with the fact that the last conservative government used Federal funds to try and drag us back to the Menzies era of the white picket fence.
This article really tells it well
https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au...rotege-tony-abbott/14189940001389#.VJVuKqtgE8

I dont look at your type as leaners, you work and contribute, i am all for cracking down on the disability pension which every second person is on, the ones in housing commission who can get their own home, im not here to pay for a roof over their head, the ones who want medical treatment for free, pay a contribution, the ones who want us to pay for their university degree , this is what i meant

"And that’s without including some $40 billion in tax concessions for superannuation, which accrue overwhelmingly to the wealthiest 20 per cent of taxpayers." - John Hewson, former leader of the LNP.

As someone also said hat was abbotts approach to the last PM. Congrats tony, you changed the game.

Enjoy the fruits

The sad thing is that politics has shifted to the right since Hewson's time so much so that Hewson would now be considered quite left wing.

Hewson has changed since the nation rejected his thatcher on steroids approach. Just because hes wet now dont be fooled into thinking he wouldnt have been a disaster.

He now complains he lost because he revealed all his policies. Thats half true, he revealed all his s**t policies

As someone also said hat was abbotts approach to the last PM. Congrats tony, you changed the game.

Enjoy the fruits

Exactly. Abbott while in opposition lowered the bar so far I did not think it was possible. He has no right at all to complain about Labor being overally combative or obstructionist. Nor does he have the right to ask for a mature political debate about any issue when he never offered Gillard the same opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back