South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

So umm yeah that dale steyn goes alright. :D

But lets face it the windies arent a test standard team anymore and may never be again. Does anyone see a way for them to become competitive in test cricket? Do they even care if they are?
Ian Bishop commented last evening that it was up to each Island to put in place the coacjphing and systems if they wanted to right the ship. That will only come with $$$ which the ICC will have to provide and that's unlikely the way the cartel is set up at the moment.

They seem to go ok till something goes against them i.e Roach goes down and they all drop their heads. Then in there innings a great start then Devon Smith given out on review when clearly not out and it all goes pair shaped.

So umm yeah that dale steyn goes alright. :D

But lets face it the windies arent a test standard team anymore and may never be again. Does anyone see a way for them to become competitive in test cricket? Do they even care if they are?

Reconciling with the WICB would be a start (relations between the players and the board have been abysmal for god-knows-how-long).

That was as meek a surrender any of us will ever see on the cricket field. Pathetic.

I still don't understand what the WICB are doing with Holder. Dragging him on tours and only giving him the odd limited overs game. This kid will be a beast, taking the new red cherry and batting number seven. Why they're not giving him Test mach experience is beyond me.

Taylor looked short of a gallop, and Cottrell is always all over the place despite bowling lot of jaffas. Roach would make any Test side in the world, why they'd hold him back for first change, who knows.

Steyn will be the GOAT by the time he retires.

I like the South African team as much as the Australian team. In part because they are awesome at their craft and in part because there are no campaigners on the team like Haddin or Watson. AB De Villiers and Dale Steyn are especially incredible.

West Indies are resigned to nostalgia trips for most avid cricket followers and instead are focused on the 20/20 slog. Chanderpaul is the last remaining knight of a grand team.

I know people have said that Dwayne Bravo has said he doesn't want to play tests but I'm sure I remember reading a quote from him that he did want to play tests not very long ago. Does anyone remember the test against us 4 years ago in Adelaide? They were reasonably close to beating us and Bravo scored 100 and bowled very well. Adrian Barath also played in that game and did well. There wad also Travis Downing who played very well and has since disappeared.

That was as meek a surrender any of us will ever see on the cricket field. Pathetic.

I still don't understand what the WICB are doing with Holder. Dragging him on tours and only giving him the odd limited overs game. This kid will be a beast, taking the new red cherry and batting number seven. Why they're not giving him Test mach experience is beyond me.

Taylor looked short of a gallop, and Cottrell is always all over the place despite bowling lot of jaffas. Roach would make any Test side in the world, why they'd hold him back for first change, who knows.

Steyn will be the GOAT by the time he retires.

Well. He's now the ODI Captain.

I know people have said that Dwayne Bravo has said he doesn't want to play tests but I'm sure I remember reading a quote from him that he did want to play tests not very long ago. Does anyone remember the test against us 4 years ago in Adelaide? They were reasonably close to beating us and Bravo scored 100 and bowled very well. Adrian Barath also played in that game and did well. There wad also Travis Downing who played very well and has since disappeared.

Bravos a very good player but actions speak louder than words and he hasn't got it together to play. Barth looked exceptional and a Braithwaite/ Barth opening partnership would be a good one but I think he's lost a bit of form. Downlin is now 37

Only 23 and has only played 21 matches, way too inexperienced for my liking

West Indies' squad for the limited-overs leg in SA
West Indies ODI squad Jason Holder (capt), Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cottrell, Narsingh Deonarine, Leon Johnson, Chris Gayle, Denesh Ramdin, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith, Jerome Taylor

West Indies T20 squad Darren Sammy (capt), Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Dwayne Bravo, Sheldon Cottrell, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle (subject to fitness test), Jason Holder, Ashley Nurse, Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith

Why didn't they just have Ramdin captain the ODI team ?
He's the Test captain.Other than him there aren't many choices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn't they just have Ramdin captain the ODI team ?
He's the Test captain.Other than him there aren't many choices.

That would've been my suggestion, unless they're looking to dump Ramdin from the ODI side for a keeper/batsman like Simmons. Also don't like the idea of having three captains for the three formats. Two at most

Tell me if I'm wrong here but one common factor since the Windies have been having issues is Clivr Lloyd. Is he the problem in all this?

Just looking through the Windies team from the first test.

Braithwaite: Seems like a decent young player worth persisting with
Devon Smith: Has had plenty of chances but admittedly was batting well in the first innings when a howler of a DHS decesion gave him out, Give him the next two test but if he doesn't show something he should never play again
Johnson: Was the best of the Windies batsman this test (not that its saying much) persist with him for now.
Samuels: I hear people saying he is the Windies best player, I don't see him as a very good test player just keep him to the shorter stuff
Chandepul: Would prob have retired if in a more successful team, keep him as long as he wants to be there as can be a great example to the yunger guys
Blackwood: Would rather see Dwayne Bravo in the number 6 spot the Board and Bravo should talk things over and get him back in the test team
Ramdin: At least he has heart and wants to be there. Stick with him
Roach: Was the Windies best bowler by far, unfortunately he is injury prone but stick with him when fit
Taylor: Still coming back from a long injury lay off and was a very good bowler prior to this, stick with him
Benn: Think if he had good seamers at the other end he would be better, Why not play Narine in tests wouldn't he be a better option
Cotrell: I know the guy is only young but just his appearance made himn look like a sloppy park cricketer with clothes hanging anywhere, Would prefer Holder in his spot

A players that aren't playing
Gayle: Don't bother wit him in tests doesn't want to be there
Darren Bravo: Don't know what his personal issues are but if there with the board get them sorted out quickly
Dwayne Bravo: Should be in the test team and again the board should sort these issues out ASAP
Holder: Is a little bit raw but if they want to build for the ffuture play him
Narine: Why isn't he in the test team? SUch a great one day bowler surely could be the Windies first Choice spinner

De Kock out with an ankle ligament tear, AB to keep wicket. Could have huge ramifications if he doesn't recover in time for the World Cup

De Kock out with an ankle ligament tear, AB to keep wicket. Could have huge ramifications if he doesn't recover in time for the World Cup

Supposedly he'll be back for the World Cup, but won't get any of the lead up which isn't ideal. Morne van Wyk looks likely to get another chance to resume his remarkably stop start international career. There was an article on cricinfo a couple of weeks ago about guys who have played ODI cricket for the best part of a decade but never got the chance to participate in the World Cup, van Wyk is a chance to be there for his second despite just playing the 13 ODI's over twelve years.

Check what he's been doing, I think you are wrong, in fact I know you are.
He doesn't seem to like Dwayne Bravo much. Bravo has said he wants to play tests and just look at his test performances against Aus to see what he can do. Now Clive had dumped him as ODI captain and left him out of the squad

He doesn't seem to like Dwayne Bravo much. Bravo has said he wants to play tests and just look at his test performances against Aus to see what he can do. Now Clive had dumped him as ODI captain and left him out of the squad
Again I suggest you delve a little further, there is a players dispute between the WICB and the WIPA, Dwayne is a key protagonist from the WIPA side. Clive is told who is available to be picked and goes from there. Clive would pick him in a heartbeat if he could.

Again I suggest you delve a little further, there is a players dispute between the WICB and the WIPA, Dwayne is a key protagonist from the WIPA side. Clive is told who is available to be picked and goes from there. Clive would pick him in a heartbeat if he could.
Well whether its Clive Llyodd or someone else within West Indies cricket someone there has a problem with Dwayne Bravo because he should probably be their captain in all 3 formats. The guy is a gun remember this match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/talk/engine/match/406190.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back