Changes for Boxing Day - In: J.Burns Out: M.Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Haddin is averaging 15 in 2014, so if a replacement could bat well you have a lot of leeway for runs lost to poor glovework

But that isn't the relevant comparison.

If we choose to drop Haddin it's a comparison between Hartley, Ludemann, Nevill, Wade and Whiteman.

Wade is the best bat of the lot but is he that far ahead of Nevill to make up for Nevill's superior keeping?

We picked Rogers because the experiment fell flat and we were free falling down the rankings. We were turkey slapped by England, India, South African and New Zealand. If we didn't do the youth policy, which was idiotic in the first place, we would probably have the same team, if not slightly different to what we have now, without looking like a pack of campaigners for 4 years.
Quite right, the nearly men in Hodge and Dhussey would have given us more than plenty of those failed experiments.

Yeah he was, but I thought it was a fair slap in the face to do the whole "Youth Policy" then pick Katich and Hussey and give the finger (metaphorically) to Hodge who was in better fc form.

Made 200+ and sure had a few bum innings, but no more than any other batsman that's ever played the game. Tell me though, would you prefer an old man 39 year old Hodge coming in at no. 3 or can't run can't score Watson?

Maxwell definitely shouldn't have a line put through him just yet. Look at how Warner has turned his career around from 20/20 basher into genuine test cricketer. He can obviously bat and anyone who has seen him in shield cricket knows that. He just needs to get his head right like Warner has.

Laughable that the selectors picked Marsh ever...
Warner has a technique and now the mental application, Maxwell has neither and has never had them.

Stopped reading after "Rogers is Cooked" did you even watch the test match?
I'm not going to giver Rogers a reprieve after one good score when he hasn't hit any runs in this series or the uae and his Australian ashes was average as well.

His test average is in the 30's he's cooked in any conditions that aren't English.

Drop him and re select him for the ashes if his replacement doesn't perform

I'm not going to giver Rogers a reprieve after one good score when he hasn't hit any runs in this series or the uae and his Australian ashes was average as well.

His test average is in the 30's he's cooked in any conditions that aren't English.

Two good scores, he's had 55 in two innings so you can't say he hasn't hit any runs in this series (and we've only had two tests so far).

Averaged 46 in the Australian ashes, and soaked up nearly 100 balls an innings.

He was real good in that series.

Been off the boil since, but with lack of replacements I don't think they'll be in a hurry to replace him.

Averaged 46 in the Australian ashes, and soaked up nearly 100 balls an innings.

He was real good in that series.

Been off the boil since, but with lack of replacements I don't think they'll be in a hurry to replace him.

He got that really good ton in a crunch situation 2nd test of the South Africa series too

Two good scores, he's had 55 in two innings so you can't say he hasn't hit any runs in this series (and we've only had two tests so far).
Too be completely honest I didn't actually know he his a half century in the second innings - I was at work and missed the early innings.

But still two half centuries against India - India!! I mean Ishant Sharma is their best bowler. I could score a 50 against Ishant.

Is two half centuries really that amazing?

Just looking at him bat over the past 4 test matches he doesn't look confident and looks out of place.

I believe we should test a new opener and re select Rogers for the English Ashes if that new opener fails. Because Rogers will play well in English conditions he always has, and it's not like he needs international form prior to that

And he will be retiring/being dropped after the Ashes so I just believe it is logical to try a young batsmen like Burns now who can blood himself against India

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is Test cricket, play your best team to win. No need to just hand out baggy greens to rookies especially when the incumbent is still performing to standard, also helping with experience for a side with a new and very young leader.

Too be completely honest I didn't actually know he his a half century in the second innings - I was at work and missed the early innings.

But still two half centuries against India - India!! I mean Ishant Sharma is their best bowler. I could score a 50 against Ishant.

Just looking at him bat over the past 4 test matches he doesn't look confident and looks out of place.

I believe we should test a new opener and re select Rogers for the English Ashes if that new opener fails. Because Rogers will play well in English conditions he always has, and it's not like he needs international form prior to that

And he will be retiring/being dropped after the Ashes so I just believe it is logical to try a young batsmen like Burns now who can blood himself against India

Or we could bring in Burns for Watto.

Don't have a dig at someone if you don't have all the facts mate. Complete and utter crap saying he had an average Ashes last year, averaged 46 for the series which is excellent. He is clearly the best opener we have to bat with Warner at the moment.

Burns into the Squad for Mitch Marsh

So Cowan's papers must've been stamped then.

I would've done:
Warner
Rogers
Cowan
Smith
Ferguson
Wade
Faulkner/Henriques
Johnson
Harris
Lyon
Hazlewood

Team likely to be:
Warner
Rogers
Burns
Smith
S. Marsh
Watson
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Lyon
Hazlewood

Don't have a dig at someone if you don't have all the facts mate. Complete and utter crap saying he had an average Ashes last year, averaged 46 for the series which is excellent. He is clearly the best opener we have to bat with Warner at the moment.
High score of 113 - Average mid 30's

His Australian Ashes was average. How many centuries did he hit? One?

Clarke and Haddin has amazing Australian Ashes. Whilst Rogers may have averaged 46 it was still only an okay series,I wouldnt say I was ever filled with confidence whilst he was at the crease - we destroyed England and the whole line up batted well

So Cowan's papers must've been stamped then.

I would've done:
Warner
Rogers
Cowan
Smith
Ferguson
Wade
Faulkner/Henriques
Johnson
Harris
Lyon
Hazlewood

Team likely to be:
Warner
Rogers
Burns
Smith
S. Marsh
Watson
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Lyon
Hazlewood

Burns is the best selection they could have made.

Hopefully one of Watson or Shaun Marsh bats at 3 so we can let Burns be eased into the team

And hold on - since when is 46 over a 5 test series amazing.

Are we so poisened by average cricket these days with the Australian Test team that we are considering an average below 50 in a series to be good.

What's Smith's Average this series? A hundred or so?

We have players averaging over 50 through their entire career, and we used to have an entire top 5 that would average 50+

If a players BEST series is averaging 46 then woe for their down series.

Watrson and Haddin couldn't. I think Rogers' spot should be a lot safer than those two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back