Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killed Crota 4 ******* times for 2 rocket launchers, a shotgun and a fusion rifle.

Give me Black Hammer you ******* dog campaigners. **** this s**t.

Probably not the best time to tell you i just got a 2nd one then? ;)

Probably not the best time to tell you i just got a 2nd one then? ;)

I don't mind people who already have it getting it, it's not a rare drop. I'm just annoyed at people getting, for example, the rocket launcher, fusion rifle and Black hammer in their three runs.

We were talking about this in party chat a few nights ago.

Wait for all the cheeses to come out, patch them and then watch the entire player base suffer as they adjust to beating Crota legit on normal, let alone hard.

Like the Templar before it, I'm pretty happy that we knew how to beat him legit. Will serve us better when Bungie fix it next month sometime

Wait for all the cheeses to come out, patch them and then watch the entire player base suffer as they adjust to beating Crota legit on normal, let alone hard.

Like the Templar before it, I'm pretty happy that we knew how to beat him legit. Will serve us better when Bungie fix it next month sometime

By next month, scrubs will be running around at level 32 dying on level 8 strikes. It's hilariously funny, yet painful at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And suffer they should..

By next month, scrubs will be running around at level 32 dying on level 8 strikes. It's hilariously funny, yet painful at the same time.

I know someone who has done nothing but cheese and has all the gear for 32. I would like to think that he'll be screwed by the time they patch it.

But by the time they patch it everyone will be level 32, just like almost everyone was level 30 by the time they fixed Templar. So by virtue of having better loot/levels the challenge will be diminished from beating it over the first few weeks.

Agree with all the above and what everyones said, if you're average at the game where's the enjoyment when you finally achieve something?

I've struggled massively this game, but finally contributing to a couple of raids with the relic and hitting 30 has been some of the most satisfying moments I've had with Destiny.

A lot more frustrating times than good ones, but the achievements make it all worth it.

Disgusting. Gotta love the challenge of beating a hard level in a game right? No wait, better find a way to avoid any sort of challenge. Much more fun.

It probably wouldn't happen if the entire game wasn't intentionally designed to slow down progression. If the developer wants to screw with their audience - and lets face it we all got screwed by an expansion that cost a fortune and only included three story missions, two sub-par strikes and a raid that can be completed both solo and within an hour - then I hardly blame the consumer for screwing with the developer.

It's only natural to take shortcuts in a game where people have spent days running around in circles farming chests. Or waited weeks to get the right exotic armor or raid gear. Or spent weeks getting enough Vanguard marks to buy legendary gear and weapons. Unfortunately, Bungie screws the audience over at every available opportunity, while cynically pretended to give a s**t on their blog. Hell the new expansion actually punishes those who spent the most time playing the vanilla version.

As it stands, Vault of Glass is still heavily cheesed - I can't remember the last time I actually played right through the Oracles / Templar section without wiping so that we could snipe and be in no immediate danger. That's been the case with multiple raid groups, surely featuring just about everyone who frequents this thread.

I don't see how the current bridge cheese is any different to that. The Crota exploit, on the other hand is an entirely different matter, but like most of the failings in Destiny it could've been avoided with a little common sense and competent quality control.

Personally I don't care whether people cheese or not; at the end of the day everyone ends up with the same raid gear and weapons set rendering the hundreds of hours required to get to level 30 or 32 moot. There's no reward for competence anyway; eventually everyone will be able to pass Crota - and have all the gear and weapons - via level creep anyway.

Also lets not forget that the time between now and the next expansion (when light level is raised again) is pretty much a waste of resources.

I'd be happy to have 3 x 31 level chars and I wont be pushing myself to 32 if all I have to do is wait and buy new vanguard gear that will be better than Crota's raid gear.

We've all cheesed (yes you too Tups) the VoG in some way or another so of course people are going find the easiest way to play the game. From strikes to missions to raids.

I reckon that if the exotic situation is the same sort of thing as this time with the next expansion in that all current progress is a waste & everything is once again redundant & has to be re-upgraded at a cost, I'll more than likely open the back door & frisbee the disk.

If the next expansion is the same in regards to weapons and gear, such as having to upgrade exotics again, vendor gear being superior to raid gear, vendor weapons being absolute rubbish (low impact ARs, 5 bullet Hand Cannon with no field scout, lolwut) then I'll be done with the game for good.

It wasn't so bad this time because RNGesus wouldnt let me have a level 30 character before the DLC and I had very few exotics, only 2 completely upgraded.

I don't think i could go through all of this again though. The grind is real.

We've all cheesed (yes you too Tups) the VoG in some way or another so of course people are going find the easiest way to play the game. From strikes to missions to raids.

The whole point was that cheesing is the only way a large majority people have beaten now both raids. I've never cheesed anything personally until myself or my team has done something properly.

It's not right.

Rethinking it over now - I think most of this comes for Bungie not rewarding skill or determination at all.

You watch the video of guys soloing bosses, and are amazed. Then you realize these guys get the same rewards as those who exploit broken mechanics to do the same thing with no risk or skill.
Agree. I don't like it either but I'm more in the camp of being angry at Bungie than at those that cheese things straight up. The way the game's built, all there is to do in the new DLC is get to level 32 and get gear. The only way to do that is to continuously run the same raid over and over until you get lucky and get enough weapon/armour/shard/energy drops to do so...but why spend this much time when you can just spend marks to get to level 32 when the new DLC comes out? They've gone for longevity over quality and it has to be expected that people will look for shortcuts. I don't blame people for looking for cheeses but I do blame Bungie for a clearly poor testing regime, the inability to create a long-lasting experience without appealing to frustrating upgrade mechanics, and a failure to reward those who play the game for significant hours over those who play casually, get lucky drops and constantly look for shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back