Food/Supplements Paleo Diet

Remove this Banner Ad

.. Feeling a sense of disillusion lately with a lot of things, to be honest. This has in tern affected my eating habits as of late.

I came across this article, interestingly enough which highlighted the existence of a 'banned by Pete Evans' facebook page.

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/...itical-posts-on-facebook-20141218-129ks3.html

I had a bit of a read on the page mentioned, pretty interesting but at the same time frustrating to read the innocuous posts he's deleted and banned.

People recommending APD in the same reply as Pete.

10173656_10154978891485144_6293443992467735981_n.jpg

The more you look on there, the more people you read about that were blocked just for objectively discussing something that doesn't neccesarily fit the ideologies of Paleo, idle skepticism not necessarily warranting banning etc.
The health and dietary version of Shane Richmond?

The health and dietary version of Shane Richmond?
Yeah, I can't say I approve of those methods.

To quote another blogger who weighed in on the situation:

So 'Blocked By Pete Evans' is a thing that happened. We've established a pattern.

Notice, 'Banned by Kevin Folta' or 'Silenced by Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson' are pages that haven't happened. And they never will.

Why are people so obsessed with Pete Evans? It's weird. I have absolutely no idea who he is and have only heard about him when people keep posting stuff about him here.

In terms of "deleting posts", maybe he's the type of person who's hungry for power and doesn't like it when people disagree with him? I don't know, but am wondering why anyone cares.

I guess some people have alot of time on their hands.

In terms of "deleting posts", maybe he's the type of person who's hungry for power and doesn't like it when people disagree with him? I don't know, but am wondering why anyone cares.

I read his FB and he has always come across as a very laid back cruzie individual. He appears to be far from power crazy. Seems like a genuine all round good bloke.

I doubt he's "hungry for power" (he really does appear to be passionate about food and nutrition) but it's not hard to detect a common trend of diet-fundamentalists being intolerant of anyone else's views.

Some of the people I do follow closely (Lyle McDonald for example) can be extremely abrasive to anyone who questions their findings/beliefs.

Still, caring too much is a far better position than not caring at all.

Still, caring too much is a far better position than not caring at all.

Yeah nah - i actually couldn't give a crap about pete evans and i reckon that's absolutely fine.

It is possible to care about health and diet without getting caught up in celebrity character gossip.

Haha thats funny "objectively discussing" good to see you have no idea and are just taking the word of an idiot as gospel.

Hargraves is the third biggest internet LCHF and Paleo troll going around (after Colpo and Driscoll) He and Gabriell Maston and her boyfriend Wes Suthern spent 3 full on days trolling Evans FB site not only having a go at Evans but anyone who had a different opinion of theirs (similar to the mods here) Everyone was complaining and i wouldnt be surprised if it was the FB admin and not Evans who blocked and deleted their posts.

Funny how the Heart Foundation, DAA and Susie Burell ban and delete hundreds, yes hundreds, yet where is the publicity and outcry over that?

For what its worth i don't like Evans style, but people should stop feeling threatened and get of their high horse and just leave him be.

Edit- Even though Colpo hates low carb and Paleo I still love reading his stuff. He is a very clued up individual.

I really don't appreciate this remark Bazzar.

I don't know who any of the names you posted are, but that doesn't give you the right to blow us off in your usual patronising manner as someone with no idea and paint me as somebody taking the "word of an idiot as gospel".
I've put a lot of time into turning my life around in the last 5 years doing precisely the opposite to what you're suggesting I do in blindly following one set of dietary laws out of convenience... So why the * would I stop now??
Why would someone create their own path in their journey only to get so far and then blindly fawn to 1 persons ideals as gospel for the rest of their life?? That's not to say I question the lifestyle - because that's what I agree with, based on the science however, i'm questioning why people get silenced for merely asking questions that peak their curiosity - i'm not referring to any notorious internet trolls, but You seem to see the world in black and white, ie. you're with us or against us so you paste them all as one and the same.

Yeah nah - i actually couldn't give a crap about pete evans and i reckon that's absolutely fine.

It is possible to care about health and diet without getting caught up in celebrity character gossip.
Completely missed the point - caring about diet, not a celebrity.

Haha thats funny "objectively discussing" good to see you have no idea and are just taking the word of an idiot as gospel.

Hargraves is the third biggest internet LCHF and Paleo troll going around (after Colpo and Driscoll) He and Gabriell Maston and her boyfriend Wes Suthern spent 3 full on days trolling Evans FB site not only having a go at Evans but anyone who had a different opinion of theirs (similar to the mods here) Everyone was complaining and i wouldnt be surprised if it was the FB admin and not Evans who blocked and deleted their posts.

Funny how the Heart Foundation, DAA and Susie Burell ban and delete hundreds, yes hundreds, yet where is the publicity and outcry over that?

For what its worth i don't like Evans style, but people should stop feeling threatened and get of their high horse and just leave him be.

Edit- Even though Colpo hates low carb and Paleo I still love reading his stuff. He is a very clued up individual.

The interesting thing with Colpo is if you read his early stuff he advocated 80g of or less a day, he soon changed his tune!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watching the Paleo Show on Ch7 today & noon & tmrw?

I notice they view it when no one watches TV cos prime time would cause too much awareness & upset the major advertisers.

so i watched The Paleo Way. its the first time i've encountered anything Pete Evans and im not sure that i like him...he comes across as a bit smug and condescending.

the content of the show was good though...some really nice salads in episode 2.
This is his biggest problem. He just rubs some people up the wrong way, through no fault of his own mind you.

I reckon the show really works, there's a mix of good, relatively easy recipes, informative teachings and only a minute amount of preachiness. While it may take a while for the ideals to work in the mainstream, I reckon if the show was re-worded to 'Cooking with Pete Evans' it'd be a ratings hit at 7:30pm on a weekday.

This is his biggest problem. He just rubs some people up the wrong way, through no fault of his own mind you.

I reckon the show really works, there's a mix of good, relatively easy recipes, informative teachings and only a minute amount of preachiness. While it may take a while for the ideals to work in the mainstream, I reckon if the show was re-worded to 'Cooking with Pete Evans' it'd be a ratings hit at 7:30pm on a weekday.
Maybe something like "Ancestral cooking for the new century" would work well.

First ep. Prof Neil Mann - OBESE

lol

Will watch and try to keep an open mind but when your first expert is that fat it doesn't look good.
Can you tell us what his Brown, White, Subcutaneous and Visceral Fat percentages are, and also what body type is he, ecto, endo or mesomorph?

And do you have some internet link to a Dexa scan he has taken so we can see his muscle mass, as that will also determine if he is OBESE as you claim.

You can see when somebody is fat. Don't be stupid.

The show isn't too bad. Many of the principles are good. Not factory farming animals, using organic farming techniques. Cooking from scratch.

Should have called it low-carb cooking or something like that. "I quit sugar" would have millions of viewers :p

You can see when somebody is fat. Don't be stupid.

The show isn't too bad. Many of the principles are good. Not factory farming animals, using organic farming techniques. Cooking from scratch.

Should have called it low-carb cooking or something like that. "I quit sugar" would have millions of viewers :p
You said he was Obese, where is your proof.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back