news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Your right, Cant say I'm excited...just meh.
Agreed. Nothing exciting about it. Just gives him more retirement money when he hangs up the gloves. Before he left he looked past it...not sure what has changed? Will be slower and relies too much on throwing bombs.

Yeah, I got tired of Rampage years ago. Won't be long until he's complaining about how bad UFC treats him again.

The most interesting part about it is that Coker and Bellator are saying they still have him under exclusive contract. UFC typically doesn't do stuff like this so I guess Rampage's lawyers and/or UFC lawyers found terms in his Bellator contract that they believe haven't been fulfilled and that it's enough to allow him to walk. Interesting timing too with the anti-trust lawsuit just being filed.

Yeah, I got tired of Rampage years ago. Won't be long until he's complaining about how bad UFC treats him again.

The most interesting part about it is that Coker and Bellator are saying they still have him under exclusive contract. UFC typically doesn't do stuff like this so I guess Rampage's lawyers and/or UFC lawyers found terms in his Bellator contract that they believe haven't been fulfilled and that it's enough to allow him to walk. Interesting timing too with the anti-trust lawsuit just being filed.
Saw Coker's tweet so I'm a touch confused too. Not sure Rampage is worth the law suit to be honest. Maybe UFC has purchased Bellator haha.

Loses the last 3 fights in the UFC...now it's a massive signing...

At best becomes a division gate keeper. More likely a stepping stone for an up and comer

Nope. As Cruz said he will get eaten alive. Brock brought high level wrestling to the party. CM Punk brings nothing and at 35 doesn't have much time to learn
Brock was also HW.. anotoriously thin division and it was even worse back then..
I would say punk gets beat up pretty bad fighting at WW or MW in the AFC... so good luck in the ufc.. ain't no easy fight for him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Machida still has it. Don't think anybody would of got up from that.

185 pounds
The division with a top 10 that could cripple Phil Brooks

We don't want the W.A government watching his fights ? How could you argue with them after something like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back