Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How about no box and more concentration on the design?
View attachment 99179
As much as I'm sure a lot of people here will applaud the idea of sponsor integration, this looks like the sponsor is being squished to fit which Crown in particular would not be happy with. Aesthetically, I'd prefer to see the sponsor a size that represents their brand. Sponsors are here and we have to deal with them as best we can.

I do like the "break" line jersey put up above though.

Storm training shirt.
melbourne-storm-training.jpg

I'm generally of the opinion that we should stop talking about sponsor logos being really large and making jokes like "hey, it's the Crown Resorts Rugby League Football Club", because that's how sponsor logos are these days and we can't do much to change it. We should accept that they are like it.

But that...

That is a ******* shocker and it's definitely worth talking about how ******* shocking it is.

I'm generally of the opinion that we should stop talking about sponsor logos being really large and making jokes like "hey, it's the Crown Resorts Rugby League Football Club", because that's how sponsor logos are these days and we can't do much to change it. We should accept that they are like it.

But that...

That is a ******* shocker and it's definitely worth talking about how ******* shocking it is.
Like the 4X Gold Maroons, the QANTAS Wallabies etc?

I guess clubs/teams/whatever need to make a decision about how much they impact their design by plastering a big solid colour box over the top of it.

I get that it gives the sponsor logo more exposure, but it's gotten to the stage where Melbourne have changed their design to accommodate a sponsor. That's a bit of a joke.

With clubs like the Rabbitohs, it should be very easy to incorporate the sponsor into the hoops. If they did that, people wouldn't look at it and cringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the sponsor logo is legible.

It's a more elegant solution than the Crown box

Classic Sportswear, they have been long time manufacturers of Rugby League jerseys (including the NSW State of Origin)
It's weird that I haven't noticed them before. Maybe its just that that template makes the logo stand out. Which is probably the point..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back