Past #36: Joel Tippett - pick #8 '13 RD - delisted end '16 season - 7 games for NM - thanks Tippo

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be the last piece of the jig saw puzzle, we've got the class, we've got the grunt and the forwards, now just to shore up the defence with Thommo, Hansen, Wright and Tippet and Atley, we'll be in the granny next year.

Obviously a long time and another weight division ago but in 2005 at the AiS JT did 20m in 2.86 s, 7.94 agility and running leap of 95cm and standing vertical leap of 78cm.

From what I have seen his can run off his man and his disposal is good.

Best case is we have a big athlete to compete at full back and Scotty T and Hansen do want they do best and cut off supply.

If eating twice as much as you should is a pre-requisite for an AFL career then I'm a smokey for the Brownlow.

Btw, jeez I hate the term 'gorilla forwards'. Has been used to death.
yep. Every time I hear it now...
lisa_eye_twitch.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him today, has definitely put on some size.

Still too pretty to take on the gorillas in my opinion.

Artists impression:

Naomi-Watts-in-King-Kong-2005-Movie-Image.jpg
Pulling birds too, I see.

Big MF now. Play him on Walker in round 1 and we'll know if he's good enough pretty quickly

4. Joel Tippett was a rock down back for the Roosters, repeatedly throwing his body into contests to repel Geelong’s forward entries.

“He did the job on everyone he played on while he was down deep,” Brown said.

“He used the ball really well and was solid in the contest, so it was a good game from Tippo.”

4. Joel Tippett was solid as a rock down back while also finding more of the ball than usual.

“Trying to get the footy is one area he’s been working on,” Brown explained.

“He was still very good defensively but he got more involved and took the ball outside 50 more.

“He got beaten last week in the contest but he bounced back strongly today.”

Haven't heard a peep out of him since Round 2.

Apart from FG, no one's even posted in this thread since December of last year!

1. Joel Tippett was excellent all afternoon down back. Solid as usual in defence, he combined it with a new-found attacking streak, amassing a team-high 25 disposals.

“He was really proactive today and trying to get involved offensively, which has been a real focus in recent weeks. He also used the ball really well,” Gavin Brown told NMFC.com.au.

“Defensively his body work was terrific and his spoiling was terrific. He was very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back