Bumped Who do you NOT want your club to draft? (2014 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

**** off he did
Wouldn't expect but spin and denial from Lance Uppercut.

Good luck to Laverde and Langford. Heppell is the only quality mid you've drafted using a first round pick. More likely to be another Myers.
I would have thought the Club that is 14th with a mature list and then recruiting Jones, Tutt, Dick and Boekhorst is the one digging a hole for itself lol.....

...but hang on.....why am i even conversing with The General lol.

Yeah, we would have been worse off taking Daniel Talia over Lucas like the majority wanted lol.

Enjoy the blinkers.
Huh?

• Essendon took McKernan after we passed, yet you believe that Dick and Tutt cost us something.
  • Other clubs rated Boekhorst.

Who cares what the majority want?

The majority would have picked Rich.

You could just quit and post as that other disaffected Carlton "intellect" DocSherrin who wanted Dan McKenzie with pick 19.

Hmmmm...

You appear to tnjoy your misery and thinking you know more because you appear to have watched the TAC Cup GF and a few games.

Who cares what the majority want?

The majority would have picked Rich.

You could just quit and post as that other disaffected Carlton "intellect" DocSherrin who wanted Dan McKenzie with pick 19.

Hmmmm...

You appear to tnjoy your misery and thinking you know more because you appear to have watched the TAC Cup GF and a few games.

Ah. TheGeneral...back with another head scratcher of a post.

Are u a little fizzed by your boy Kane Lucas' dummy spit at Mick today?

Are you insinuating that i have an alias lol?....If so.....No

So what do you think know with McCartin a Saint?

I still wanted Petracca but when it boils down to it I'm fine with McCartin. Next year's draft is full of mids so it makes sense, and the more I see of McCartin the more I like him, although at the time I preferred Petracca I'm at ease with our decision. Psych testing for Petracca was apparently a concern too which I wasn't really aware of either, McCartin seems like a mature and level headed bloke, like him. Hopefully we can get a mid like Tucker or Parish in next year's draft and we'll be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Where did he end up?
You're not claiming I said that just to troll north are you?

I'm certain I said it pre-draft - vw looks like a solid citizen type, probably even nick maxwell like. Not a knob though. Just can't see any star qualities. He's too short to be a kpd, isn't overly damaging with the ball and just seems a bit middle of the road

You're not claiming I said that just to troll north are you?

I'm certain I said it pre-draft - vw looks like a solid citizen type, probably even nick maxwell like. Not a knob though. Just can't see any star qualities. He's too short to be a kpd, isn't overly damaging with the ball and just seems a bit middle of the road

I would be happy with a Nick Maxwell with pick 36. That would be a massive win.

Any of Sam Durdin, Corey Ellis, Tom Lamb, Caleb Marchbank, Reece McKenzie, Brayden Maynard or any other non-top 14 talent at pick 14 and I'll be throwing s**t and screaming obscenities.

Jeez Tom Lamb is a popular lad isn't he!?

Would you been happy with Maynard at 35 IF he got there?

I agree that he is not ion the Best 14th Players in the Draft

What you feel then about Marchbank going pick 6?

Would you been happy with Maynard at 35 IF he got there?

I agree that he is not ion the Best 14th Players in the Draft

What you feel then about Marchbank going pick 6?

Would have loved Maynard at 35. I just think there was a clear top 20 odd guys and he was just in that next tier.

Marchbank at pick 6 was a headscratcher for me but obviously GWS felt they needed a key defender with one of those picks and felt he was their best bet. You can understand them avoiding Durdin (high risk, long-term prospect) and Lever (coming off an ACL), but for me at pick 6 they should be looking at elite talent like Wright, Duggan or Weller and then picking a key defender at pick 23.

It reminds me a fair bit of the Plowman pick a couple of years ago, and let's face it, Plowman wouldn't even go in the first round if that draft was redone today. I think when you focus too much on positional needs with top 10 draft picks you can sometimes let elite talent slip through your fingers.

Yep, Marchbank reminds me a hell of a lot of the Plowman pick a couple of years ago. Seems strange to me that they would have used such a high pick on another "inbetweener" (at least height-wise). All the mail in the last few weeks of the draft seemed to have them taking Goddard and the mail on GWS is usually damn good, so I'm mighty glad they went with Marchbank in the end, personally, as I've thought for most of the year that any club that got Goddard outside the top 10 would be getting themselves a bargain.

Last edited:
Would have loved Maynard at 35. I just think there was a clear top 20 odd guys and he was just in that next tier.

Agree - Maynard was not in the Top 20 but He was in the next tier guys. Maynard was a Late 1st Rounder(Pick 20-21) to end of 2nd round

Marchbank at pick 6 was a headscratcher for me but obviously GWS felt they needed a key defender with one of those picks and felt he was their best bet. You can understand them avoiding Durdin (high risk, long-term prospect) and Lever (coming off an ACL), but for me at pick 6 they should be looking at elite talent like Wright, Duggan or Weller and then picking a key defender at pick 23.

It reminds me a fair bit of the Plowman pick a couple of years ago, and let's face it, Plowman wouldn't even go in the first round if that draft was redone today. I think when you focus too much on positional needs with top 10 draft picks you can sometimes let elite talent slip through your fingers.

Marchbank had a Strong Early U-18 Champs helped. I remember him dominating Moore in the 1st Game. I rated Lever and Durdin as better talents then Marchbank but with there injuries I can see why your would pass

Yep, Marchbank reminds me a hell of a lot of the Plowman pick a couple of years ago. Seems strange to me that they would have used such a high pick on another "inbetweener" (at least height-wise). All the mail in the last few weeks of the draft seemed to have them taking Goddard and the mail on GWS is usually damn good, so I'm mighty glad they went with Marchbank in the end, personally.

Did GWS make a Late Change of Mind with Marchbank over Goddard?

Did GWS make a Late Change of Mind with Marchbank over Goddard?
Haven't heard, but as I said, the mail on who GWS are into is usually very, very good and the talk for a few weeks leading up to the draft was consistently that they were into Goddard, but then in the last couple of days Marchbank started to be linked to them, so it's possible.

Last edited:
I would be happy with a Nick Maxwell with pick 36. That would be a massive win.
And I'd probably be too. But this is about who you didn't want your club to draft and all the mail that had me worried suggested we were using our first pick on him. Wouldn't have worried me if we took evw with the pick we used on Bailey dale later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back