Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the fastest we've ever played that motherfvcker!

Had a lot to do with Don't Change preceding it.
It just came up on shuffle before I posted that and it was a complete mess. They tried to start it, screwed it up, tried again and it was still wrong.

In the Fin Review today - The front page has a picture of Bruce in the top 5th and says if you dig Bruce Springsteen.... Hipster albums of 2014 that Boomers will love.

I turn to page 50 and it says If you love Bruce Springsteen.... you'll love The War on Drugs' Lost in the Dream. They have similar type albums for Tom Waits, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Neil Young and young bands equivalent.

Have heard of them, but never really listened to their stuff. Has anyone else listened to the War on Drugs and come to a similar conclusion or different one???

"....Granducici matches elements of Bruce Springsteen's open highway escapism with the motorik pulse of Kraftwerk and Neufas if the E Street band has grown up listening to spaced out Krautrock in Dusseldorf suburb rather than Mitch Ryder in sweaty New Jersey clubs," Uncut magazine gushes about the album it names this years' best...."

This arvo I found this video this fan put together in May this year. He took the audio download of the Brisbane concert on 26th February and laid it over the top of you tube videos from the concert. You have video for about 80% of the 3 hour 41 minute concert and still images for the rest of the time.

if you want to download it just type ss into the url if from www.youtube...... to www.ssyoutube... and then select your download format when the page loads up.

Ford Fairlane as I can't send you a PM can you pass this onto Craig

This arvo I found this video this fan put together in May this year. He took the audio download of the Brisbane concert on 26th February and laid it over the top of you tube videos from the concert. You have video for about 80% of the 3 hour 41 minute concert and still images for the rest of the time.

if you want to download it just type ss into the url if from www.youtube...... to www.ssyoutube... and then select your download format when the page loads up.

Watching bits of it now, Bruce crowd surfing right over the dude filming this was a spin.

Haha are you a giant bastard?

ADELAIIIIIIIIIDE. I THOUGHT IT WAS HOT YESTERDAY! WHAT THE **** IS GOIN ON TODAY?

1, 2, 3, 4, 1

Man, watching that makes me want to be back on the tour. What a time it was.

6'2"?

It's why I was up the back at Adelaide both nights. It was tiny so it made little difference, plus it was too damn hot to roll call too often. Still remember calling our numbers out then all hiding in the nearby carpark for shade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha damn you. 5'6 down here haha.

Yeah that would have been brutal, I hate the heat and from everything I heard, the stadium staff were absolute asses re: roll call/shade etc.
They were trying to say "stay in line or you won't go in first" and the response was basically "* off we'll go where we please".

The outdoor shows are all Gudinski. They know there is a lot of money there, it's why they do it.

Just like HR last year. But yeah, I am not a fan of those shows either.
Maitland was a farce. If I'm in a town where the ads on tv are things like "second on the right after the roundabout" because they're only going out to one town, I'm officially in a place too small.

Also there was a Maccas across from my motel. I thought it'd do beautifully after being at the gig all day. *ers only do drive thru after 11pm. With buses of Bruce fans on foot only metres away. Farce.

Still remember Bruce's face when he saw Garry with the tuba.

Also that's my voice you can hear yelling out "Garry!" before that song.

"Professor...I believe you're playing here..."

Brisbane and Melbourne 2 were the two most off the rail gigs of the tour. They had to hold the trains for everyone at Brisbane because he went so long.

The outdoor shows are all Gudinski. They know there is a lot of money there, it's why they do it.

Just like HR last year. But yeah, I am not a fan of those shows either.

Yeah Gudinski bullshit + who he puts on as a support act for Bruce are acts Gudinski likes and not ones that complement the Boss the best.

August 1978 show up for sale on the official site. Amazing to listen to the band at what many claim is their peak.

A must buy.

Springsteen's legend is built upon live performances like this one. That whole tour was a gift from the gods, and this show is one of a few absolute peaks that they reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back