Opinion Whose debut are you most looking forward to in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard a lot about Jansen - really looking forward to seeing him play; still haven't seen any of him (missed our VFL match this year).

He needs to improve a fair bit for AFL but there are some things to like about Jansen.
He is a big bodied kid who moves quite well and at the beginning of last year was 93kgs and 193 cm.

I suspect that he will be bigger at the beginning of the season. He looks to be a versatile type of player who could run through the middle (if only on shorter stints at the moment), play forward or even fill a hole in defense. From what I have seen in the VFL there is a bit to like about him.

He needs to improve a fair bit for AFL but there are some things to like about Jansen.
He is a big bodied kid who moves quite well and at the beginning of last year was 93kgs and 193 cm.

I suspect that he will be bigger at the beginning of the season. He looks to be a versatile type of player who could run through the middle (if only on shorter stints at the moment), play forward or even fill a hole in defense. From what I have seen in the VFL there is a bit to like about him.

Wouldn't surprise me he's that big, Blake Acres at the Saints now stands 195cm, I don't think he's as solid as Jansen though, but I could be wrong.

There are a few possibilities we'll need to wait to see how they develop, that's where I'm at atm.

True. We may find that one or two of our veterans are cooked by mid to late season too.
I thought Wojac looked OK in the 2011 GF but towards the deep end of the 2012 season I was watching him in the VFL and knew it was the end for Wojac.

True. We may find that one or two of our veterans are cooked by mid to late season too.
I thought Wojac looked OK in the 2011 GF but towards the deep end of the 2012 season I was watching him in the VFL and knew it was the end for Wojac.

Very interesting year ahead, that's the way I think we're all seeing it, so many possibilities for once........ and that's not a bad thing!

Serious question - where does Clark then play?
Clark has yet to get on the paddock of cause but assuming all goes well for both Mitch and Josh,I favour the 22 year old over the 27 year old as a high CHF to start the season with Clark playing the much less physically demanding role deep forward with Hawkins for company,the trick really is to find the right mix to support the 3 talls that is my preferred option at this point.

Cockatoo.
I feel we need that first year player explosion that we got with Joel. All of our kids have been slow boils that haven't played senior footy until their 3rd or 4th year.
We need a BIG new player imo and he has all the tools to do it.

Clark has yet to get on the paddock of cause but assuming all goes well for both Mitch and Josh,I favour the 22 year old over the 27 year old as a high CHF to start the season with Clark playing the much less physically demanding role deep forward with Hawkins for company,the trick really is to find the right mix to support the 3 talls that is my preferred option at this point.

The right mix for me is one of Clark and Walker plays VFL.

Wouldn't surprise me he's that big, Blake Acres at the Saints now stands 195cm, I don't think he's as solid as Jansen though, but I could be wrong.

Those stats come from the GFC page. They would be out of date now and I expect that he would be bigger.

Last edited:
The right mix for me is one of Clark and Walker plays VFL.

I don't know the right mix, as I don't know who will be in form, fit or improved, or dropped off considerably over the off season. I also do not know if someone like Nakia Cockatoo will be ready to go from round one or require a season in the magoos.
I will just have to wait and see with anticipation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know the right mix, as I don't know who will be in form, fit or improved, or dropped off considerably over the off season. I also do not know if someone like Nakia Cockatoo will be ready to go from round one or require a season in the magoos.

Where's the fun in logic?

You any good at cooking steak on the Barbie Rab? I always seem to be guessing .. is it cooked yet? Trying to just call it right .. like it med.rare myself but I can wear it a bit more or less as long as its good steak. The Mrs on the other hand , red is not colour to be seen inside a good steak... "thats still moo-ing. So with her steak , if doubt leave it on the grill.

Tough trying to pick when something or somebody is cooked I reckon. They might just leave it on the grill , just to be sure , I doubt there will be any doubt about it when they make the call on certain names mid season. The vets we have like Enright will not be pulled early, doubt Bartel or Kelly either .... which vets are you thinking of? Hmac?

You any good at cooking steak on the Barbie Rab? I always seem to be guessing .. is it cooked yet? Trying to just call it right .. like it med.rare myself but I can wear it a bit more or less as long as its good steak. The Mrs on the other hand , red is not colour to be seen inside a good steak... "thats still moo-ing. So with her steak , if doubt leave it on the grill.

Tough trying to pick when something or somebody is cooked I reckon. They might just leave it on the grill , just to be sure , I doubt there will be any doubt about it when they make the call on certain names mid season. The vets we have like Enright will not be pulled early, doubt Bartel or Kelly either .... which vets are you thinking of? Hmac?

I think I get what you're saying.
You're talking about Boxing Day sales right?

If it's ok for Luke Dunstan and he's more inside, then why not Nakia?....as long as it's not gifting and his form is good through the NAB I'd be inclined to make a statement to the rest of our youth and inject excitement into the squad.

Rabbi, he's big enough!...for a mid he's beginning to look too big. I'll be really happy if he doesn't grow any more.

Yep, he looks around KP size.
Sorry, but he is a kid and I suspect that he will grow some more.

The vets we have like Enright will not be pulled early, doubt Bartel or Kelly either .... which vets are you thinking of? Hmac?

I would like to think that it does not matter what their names are or that they have won individual awards in the past.
If their form does not warrant selection, and the form of a younger or new recruit does, then so be it.
It is time to introduce the players who are in form.

Triple Premiership players like Wojack and Mooney finished their careers in the magoos as did Milburn a dual premiership player (IIRC). So if the form of our revered veterans does not warrant selection, I have no problems with watching them play out the end of their career in the VFL.

Oh, and I am a Medium Rare guy too.

It's all well and good to want to see Nakia play well and as one whom wanted our first pick to have an impact this year, and I think it's very possible that he will.

As we know however, it's a along season for the fittest of rookies and with Nakia playing only one game of late I doubt his tank will be anywhere close to where it needs to be.
Can he show us some stuff - yes - but I feel I will be in very short bursts at best.. In the immediate term anyway.

Go Catters

Last edited:
Bear with me here, cos I'm a tad slow, but......if YPO wants Walker at CHF fulltime, then how do we play Clark there?

They may have to try Walker at CHB.

I can already hear the shrieking cries of "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO"

It's all well and good to want to see Nakia play well and as one whom wanted our first pick to have an impact this year, and I think it's very possible that he will.

As we know however, it's a along season for the fittest of rookies and with Nakia aging only one game of late I doubt his tank will be anywhere close to where it needs to be.
Can he show us some stuff - yes - but I feel I will be in very short bursts at best.. In the immediate term anyway.

Go Catters
Still exciting tho, right..? :)

If it's ok for Luke Dunstan and he's more inside, then why not Nakia?....as long as it's not gifting and his form is good through the NAB I'd be inclined to make a statement to the rest of our youth and inject excitement into the squad.

I have no objections to any kid playing.
As you say above "as long as it's not gifting and his form is good through the NAB".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back