Competitions Essendon Board Draft Game - Signup/Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting interesting now, particularly with Yoda_ realising there's more to life than a midfield.

The draft order makes for some interesting choices: at my even-numbered picks I can settle on three or four players, pick my favourite and be reasonably confident at least one other will slide to my odd-numbered pick five choices later. After that I have to give up all hope of them lasting through another twenty-six picks. There is one player I had my eye on at #35 who's still in the pot though. We shall see if he lasts to #95.

Also, with the festive period looming, I propose we do away with the time limit from, say, Christmas Eve to New Year's Day. I still encourage everyone to keep half an eye on proceedings and pick when they can, but if life gets in the way, so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking Kruezer at 85 was way too early IMO. Better ruckmen available. The bloke's seriously overrated.
Like who? When I was picking it was Leuenberger, then next best was Kreuzer unless I missed someone.

Like who? When I was picking it was Leuenberger, then next best was Kreuzer unless I missed someone.
I couldn't think of any clear front-runner either. Not too fussed with rucks, I considered waiting and taking whoever was left out of Kreuzer/Maric/Nicholls/Giles and a menagerie of plodders, but I got spooked and locked one in.

Don't worry, I'm the same. I have one that I'm definitely eyeing off with my next pick

Same, although there are still a couple of handy mids that'd work well as well

Bellchambers, Z Clarke, Z Smith, Nicholls, Jamar, Lobbe, Maric, Hickey.

Same, although there are still a couple of handy mids that'd work well as well
Actually surprised by a few still there that I didn't realize before and want to take now :mad:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back