Poll NAFL - Round 14

Which jumper do you prefer? Do not vote for yourself

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

NAFL - Round 14

Poll will be open for 4 days.

Do not vote for yourself or ask people to vote for you, you will be penalised.

Vote once in each game (besides your own).

Home team image is on top.

Hahndorf Eagles v Mount Isa Miners

88256_ab2926677fc5e39310ba92e76b1c7a07.png

Adelaide River Crocodiles v Canberra Parliament

AdelaideRiverCrocodileshome_zpsa6de617c.png

CanberraParliamentaway_zps902a60f1.jpg

Alice Springs Adders v Waikato Tigers

fD8n8E5.png

Wellington Makos v Hobart Hornets

WellingtonMakosHome201415_zps05d37b31.png

GlnDhOy.png

Ballarat Diggers v Melbourne Royals

home_zps61fcf915.png~original

Melbourne-Royals-CLASH-JUMPER_zps534ec7e8.png

Canberra Owls v Port Macquarie Power

243j30i.png

Away_zpscca82930.png

Sydney Blues v Cairns Chargers

v9f83m8.png

Capital Hill Kookaburras v Bass Strait Swordfish

CapitalHillFCHomeNEWII_zps28cd35f5.png

Away_zpsbb5cbcfe.png

Perth Jaguars v Perth Phoenix

sqh6c9.png

PerthPhoenixSecondryClash_zpsda0080f6.png~original

I'm not sure I want to at the moment, no offense... How long do I have left for entries?
Until January 1st to nominate, then mid March to submit your designs.

It would be a shame to not have you, but totally up to you obviously

Interested to know what it is about the Chargers design that people prefer compared to the Sydney Blues design? As everyone knows I'm not one to shy away from being critical of akkaps but I think he's been hard done by again here. ScottFreo is a great designer and I love his other kits in this comp, but I find these swamp-like colours sort of garish

Interested to know what it is about the Chargers design that people prefer compared to the Sydney Blues design? As everyone knows I'm not one to shy away from being critical of akkaps but I think he's been hard done by again here. ScottFreo is a great designer and I love his other kits in this comp, but I find these swamp-like colours sort of garish

I quite like the Chargers design, but the main reason it's winning is execution.

We had this argument earlier on and people were split over how much template should be considered in this sort of thing. I guess it's up to everyone individually, but Akkaps has used a pretty standard paint template while ScottFreo has created an absolute juggernaut of a template.

It's not just that, look at the little details. The logos under the collar, the stitching, the unique number font. It all adds up. People who genuinely want to improve and do well in these sorts of competitions need to pay attention to that sort of stuff, because it's super important.

Saying "oh but I don't have the skills to do my own template" is a copout. Nobody had those skills when they first started playing around with uniform design in their graphics program of choice.

Akkaps absolutely has the design sensibilities to compete in these sorts of competitions, he just needs to take the next step. The poster boy of this next step is Bacon Warrior, who struggled in last years NAFL, learned from his mistakes, worked on his skills, developed his own template, and is currently blowing us away with his undefeated Hornets this season.

To be quite honest, I'm just not liking the 'same width line' over the two tone hoops. It doesn't really appeal to me, and it's a shame because it's a great colour combination.. Even though the colours of ScottFreo's are odd, they're unique and they work so well. The design is classy enough to get over the line, also.
That's my take on it, anyway.

While we're talking about design opinions, what about the Adelaide River Crocs? I thought their designs were great. Simple, yet there's that bit of creativity there. I rarely vote against it!
I can't remember who those designs belong to though, so, sorry about that :oops:

I've posted this before but I think using a simple rectangle number 1 was a big mistake. It's as uninteresting as you can possibly make a guernsey number. Compare that to say, craegus's Makos, ScottFreo's Chargers or (gulp) my Tigers.

Winning competitions on this board is done by making a design as interesting as possible while it still looks like a footy guernsey, and flawless execution. Akkaps probably doesn't have enough elements on this entry. He's had more feedback than everyone else put together in this competition, and I am really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for the IFA/FIRA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quite like the Chargers design, but the main reason it's winning is execution.

We had this argument earlier on and people were split over how much template should be considered in this sort of thing. I guess it's up to everyone individually, but Akkaps has used a pretty standard paint template while ScottFreo has created an absolute juggernaut of a template.

It's not just that, look at the little details. The logos under the collar, the stitching, the unique number font. It all adds up. People who genuinely want to improve and do well in these sorts of competitions need to pay attention to that sort of stuff, because it's super important.

Saying "oh but I don't have the skills to do my own template" is a copout. Nobody had those skills when they first started playing around with uniform design in their graphics program of choice.

Akkaps absolutely has the design sensibilities to compete in these sorts of competitions, he just needs to take the next step. The poster boy of this next step is Bacon Warrior, who struggled in last years NAFL, learned from his mistakes, worked on his skills, developed his own template, and is currently blowing us away with his undefeated Hornets this season.
I adapted the template from Stewart2Austin 's PhotoShop template and posted them on here for people to use. It took me sometime just to do the template. But I'm sorry I made the templates generic by allowing other people to use them, if I knew you felt this way, I shouldn't have hidden my work.

I adapted the template from Stewart2Austin 's PhotoShop template and posted them on here for people to use. It took me sometime just to do the template. But I'm sorry I made the templates generic by allowing other people to use them, if I knew you felt this way, I shouldn't have hidden my work.

On the contrary, allowing others to use the template is super generous. You were just unlucky in this competition that the standard of template had jumped a bit with the work of the likes of Gibbsy, ScottFreo, lmach and Bacon Warrior.

By generic, I just meant that it's a pretty standard template with nothing to set it apart. I don't think anybody expected the standard of template to leap forth like it did with this year's NAFL.

I'd never been confident enough to do my own template until recently. It's a lot of work. The fact that you're putting that much effort in means you will improve, you just need to believe in yourself, learn from everyone else and always strive to keep up with the best guys here. You'll only learn by trying it

Yes, you did. And good on you with that.
But what you don't do is resize the design like it says in the very handy dandy Paint tutorial. If you do, it needs to be resized more.

It looks really edgy, and in a design competition, edges are not good looking. Smooth is very good. ScottFreo has figured that out and he's used a resizing program to make his designs look as sleek as possible.

I really don't get how you thought he was having a go at you sharing your template, but he didn't mention that at all.

This is constructive criticism we're trying to give to you, not 'akkaps-bashing', and with designing, criticism needs to be taken in and utilised for future designs. Most of us have started in Paint, we know how difficult the program is, but there are certain loopholes (such as resizing) to make the designs really stand out.
Alright? :thumbsu:

Akkaps you got stuck in a very tough league probably a little early in your development. It's rough getting beaten every week but I assure you, I've been there and so have lots of the people doing well in this competition.

Rather than letting you float back to the 2nd division next year, I'd rather see you develop your skills and become a div 1 mainstay in these sorts of things. You deserve it with the time and effort you put into this board.

(which is a copy of lmach's with minor changes)

So it is, apologies, I hadn't made the connection before.

What program did you use to make yours? I think I can at least give ScottFreo credit for converting it to paint and using it to prove that paint isn't the glass ceiling it once was. That said, as you've proved with your latest template, not everything can be emulated in paint.

I have posted many times, usually when this whole "should template come into voting" argument comes up, that you driving the quality of templates up has improved quality across the board. Once again the rest of us are scrambling to keep up with you in terms of template and innovation and i'd argue the overall quality of the NAFL this season is probably a testament to you pushing the boundaries and the rest of us being dragged along.

All this template talk makes me want to unveil my new template early. I'm not sure if I can wait until the FIRA kicks off.

So it is, apologies, I hadn't made the connection before.

What program did you use to make yours? I think I can at least give ScottFreo credit for converting it to paint and using it to prove that paint isn't the glass ceiling it once was. That said, as you've proved with your latest template, not everything can be emulated in paint.

I have posted many times, usually when this whole "should template come into voting" argument comes up, that you driving the quality of templates up has improved quality across the board. Once again the rest of us are scrambling to keep up with you in terms of template and innovation and i'd argue the overall quality of the NAFL this season is probably a testament to you pushing the boundaries and the rest of us being dragged along.
Sorry, wasn't trying to fish for compliments - just saying I created the basics of the template. Credit to ScottFreo though for re-creating it - and even improving it - in paint.

Sorry, wasn't trying to fish for compliments - just saying I created the basics of the template. Credit to ScottFreo though for re-creating it - and even improving it - in paint.

It's hard not to compliment you when it comes to templates. I knew it was similar but hadn't made the connection. It's pretty awesome that he's released it to everyone now as well, because it effectively renders the "oh but I only have paint" excuse obsolete

Back