No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least that removes a conflict of interest - You can't be Sports Minister and be on WADA's executive board.

How about Andrew Godkin:

- First Assistant Secretary, Office for Sport (Peter Dutton's sidekick)
- Appointed to head of the National Integrity of Sport Unit in May 2013 by Kate Lundy
- NISU established in October 2012, originally responsible for match fixing policy and code of conduct development and national policy for sports organisations. Following the release of the ACC report on Project Aperio funding was provided to expand NISU's function to include: establish integrity units, establish probability guidelines, review peptide supply regulations, review and strengthen ASAD powers
- Guest speaker at WADA 4th World Conference along with Richard Young and John Fahey
- Represented Peter Dutton at WADA board meeting in November 2013
- Trolled Hardie's FOI request on BDIAS by imposing charges of $5590

Seems like WADA had a few mates within the Department of Health.

Last edited:
How about Andrew Godkin:

- First Assistant Secretary, Office for Sport (Peter Dutton's sidekick)
- Appointed to head of the National Integrity of Sport Unit in May 2013 by Kate Lundy
- NISU established in October 2012, originally responsible for match fixing policy and code of conduct development and national policy for sports organisations. Following the release of the ACC report on Project Aperio funding was provided to expand NISU's function to include: establish integrity units, establish probability guidelines, review peptide supply regulations, review and strengthen ASAD powers
- Guest speaker at WADA 4th World Conference along with Richard Young and John Fahey
- Represented Peter Dutton at WADA board meeting in November 2013
- Trolled Hardie's FOI request on BDIAS by imposing charges of $5590

Seems like WADA had a few mates within the Department of Health.

I continually see WADA in the shadows - I have my concerns.

For the June 2014 estimates hearing:

Senator DI NATALE: I take your point about 17 months. It is a long time and it is a complex investigation. But let me put the counter point to you. That is that you have been in the job for 17 days and you now say that you are confident that you will see ASADA issue show-cause notices within weeks, you hope?

Mr McDevitt : I am hopeful that that will be the case.

Senator DI NATALE: We are asking questions about that. Is it just a coincidence that you happen to arrive in the job at the very end of the investigation, when it was almost completed, and you just happen to be here at a time when you are effectively going to be weeks away from these notices? Or is there some other explanation?

Prof. Halton : Let's be clear: this is really an issue about the timing of the appointment. The former occupant had come to the end of her appointment. As portfolio secretary, I was responsible for advising the minister on that appointment and the replacement. We ran a very expeditious process in terms of recruitment. Yes, there was a process that was ongoing. Mr McDevitt has given you some indication of the complexity of that. I think he is rightly not passing opinions in areas where he should not be commenting publicly, not withstanding the fact that he is extremely experienced in these matters.

The reality is that that appointment was at an end. The former officer has gone with all of our good wishes to retirement. Mr McDevitt is now undertaking the role. It is not a coincidence. I think it is just a collection of circumstances that has led us to where we are.

Senator DI NATALE: But you can understand why I am asking the question.

Prof. Halton : I can understand why you are asking, but you can understand why I am explaining to you that I do not think there is anything untoward here. The reality is that there has been a huge amount of work done. Mr McDevitt's challenge actually is to get across this huge volume of material in order to, as I think you rightly pointed out, ensure that appropriate caution is taken but also that it is done at a reasonable pace.

Senator DI NATALE: Yes, we all want it done at a reasonable pace. It just seems unusual that we have had 17 months of work done and then we have seen a new appointment who says, 'We are going to have the likelihood of some progress within weeks and we will see athletes issued with show-cause notices within weeks.'

Prof. Halton : I would make the point, as has also been pointed out, that the report by former Justice Downes has only been received on 28 April last month. Again, the timing is a coincidence. It is not anything else.

Senator DI NATALE: An unhappy coincidence?

Prof. Halton : No, I am sure it is a very happy coincidence that Mr McDevitt has this wealth of material on which to now base his decision making.

What is Senator Di Natale getting at with this line of questioning? Is there anything more to it than just the senator suggesting that McDevitt is a bit Gung Ho?

Prof. Halton : I would make the point, as has also been pointed out, that the report by former Justice Downes has only been received on 28 April last month. Again, the timing is a coincidence. It is not anything else.

Prof. Halton : No, I am sure it is a very happy coincidence that Mr McDevitt has this wealth of material on which to now base his decision making.

What is Senator Di Natale getting at with this line of questioning? Is there anything more to it than just the senator suggesting that McDevitt is a bit Gung Ho?
Just another coincidence for Echols' book?

It was owned by an American company called BIG Internet Group, but in 2009 was sold (along with Big Cricket) to News Corp for a lazy $7.64m. If it's changed hands again since that point, I couldn't tell you, but it's certainly not within the means a middle-aged web dude. Speaking of which, Chief is just a guy named Adrian A******** who runs the site for a salary. Well, convinces footy fans to run the site for him for free, for a salary.
Well to be fair, he doesn't really have to convince many at all. Most of those who run the site are happy to do so for nothing because it's a good place to be a part of. Mostly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I took a leap of faith and decided to read Rita's article in the Herald Sun this morning. Where I was reading it there was no issue if it gave me the shits.

Have to say the first 2/3 of the article was quite readable. Nothing ground breaking, but a reasonable summary of where things sit in the saga.

But then...Rita just reverted back to her feral, uninformed self - totally spoilt her article in the process - and I headed to the sports section having decided not to bother reading her stuff again.

Having gone through the last few pages the only thing I can conclude is that there is something that is more idiotic than the drivel sprouted by those trolling in relation to this issue and I think you can work out what it is...

Having gone through the last few pages the only thing I can conclude is that there is something that is more idiotic than the drivel sprouted by those trolling in relation to this issue and I think you can work out what it is...

Initials starting with Rita?

For the June 2014 estimates hearing:

Senator DI NATALE: I take your point about 17 months. It is a long time and it is a complex investigation. But let me put the counter point to you. That is that you have been in the job for 17 days and you now say that you are confident that you will see ASADA issue show-cause notices within weeks, you hope?

Mr McDevitt : I am hopeful that that will be the case.

Senator DI NATALE: We are asking questions about that. Is it just a coincidence that you happen to arrive in the job at the very end of the investigation, when it was almost completed, and you just happen to be here at a time when you are effectively going to be weeks away from these notices? Or is there some other explanation?

Prof. Halton : Let's be clear: this is really an issue about the timing of the appointment. The former occupant had come to the end of her appointment. As portfolio secretary, I was responsible for advising the minister on that appointment and the replacement. We ran a very expeditious process in terms of recruitment. Yes, there was a process that was ongoing. Mr McDevitt has given you some indication of the complexity of that. I think he is rightly not passing opinions in areas where he should not be commenting publicly, not withstanding the fact that he is extremely experienced in these matters.

The reality is that that appointment was at an end. The former officer has gone with all of our good wishes to retirement. Mr McDevitt is now undertaking the role. It is not a coincidence. I think it is just a collection of circumstances that has led us to where we are.

Senator DI NATALE: But you can understand why I am asking the question.

Prof. Halton : I can understand why you are asking, but you can understand why I am explaining to you that I do not think there is anything untoward here. The reality is that there has been a huge amount of work done. Mr McDevitt's challenge actually is to get across this huge volume of material in order to, as I think you rightly pointed out, ensure that appropriate caution is taken but also that it is done at a reasonable pace.

Senator DI NATALE: Yes, we all want it done at a reasonable pace. It just seems unusual that we have had 17 months of work done and then we have seen a new appointment who says, 'We are going to have the likelihood of some progress within weeks and we will see athletes issued with show-cause notices within weeks.'

Di Natale seemed to be implying that McDevitt was appointed to charge the players and start the bluff campaign.

I don't accept the coincidental timing at all.

Just another coincidence for Echols' book?

wot...

3361467.jpg

Di Natale seemed to be implying that McDevitt was appointed to charge the players and start the bluff campaign.

I don't accept the coincidental timing at all.

There's little doubt that's what McDevitt has done. Whether Di Natale implied it or not.

McDevitt must be quietly seething his bully boy routine didn't work on Essendon and that ASADA are now under the pump to prove their accusations at the tribunal. Even more so that they have lost 3 of the 5 witnesses they had planned on using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back