Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if anybody else felt this way, but I got sick of logging on here and reading the thread title "Ben Reid injured again" as if he was getting re-injured every single friggin' day :rolleyes:

Thread title changed.

Last edited:
probably already been said on this thread... and it's early, let's see how he sees out 2015... but i'd look at trading Reid at the end of next season.

Best to do a deal whilst his young and we could get some good market value from him. Not sure of his free agency status but would probably get us a 1st round pick and/or would be useful in any attempt to get a real 2nd forward to the club like jeremy cameron (as i think cameron is still unsigned..?) and free up some valuable salary cap. With Scharenburg, Moore, Frost, Keefe, Brown and potentially Marsh... we have enough talls down back to cover Reid's loss... and with him not playing much footy he's making no difference to our forward line which is ridiculously one dimensional with our reliance on Cloke and lack of a big bodied 2nd forward

Plus our midfield also got smashed this year.

If Swan gets back to form and Freeman has an impact that can replace Beams' impact and Greenwood is an upgrade on Maccaffer.

Why are we expecting Freeman, a guy yet to play a senior AFL game of football, to have such an impact this year? Is it because he's "Training the house down"?

We shouldn't be expecting anything more than competing for a spot in the best 22 or otherwise we run the risk of a perception of failure due to so many talking him up.

Let's be realistic about this, he's not going to have anywhere near the impact of Dayne Beams during his first year.

I worry that the board will turn on him if he produces a stock standard 1st year player year.

So, other than Reid, every other player is currently on the track - be it modified programs or full training - even Caff and the 'berg. That's a good thing, yes? Like, much better than how we started and finished last season. And certainly much better for when it comes to replacing players that get injured, yes? Like, the whole squad being healthier surely outweighs the trials and tribulations of one player, yes?

I'm afraid without Reid, out top-4 aspirations are over. Former All Australian, now I'd say his career in one step away from done. He's still young too. Imagine what it'll be like when he's 30! Sad to hear.

I just double checked and can confirm that Reid still hasn't missed a match in 2015.

Imagine if we de-listed/traded him and he had an AA year somewhere else.

"How could Buckley let this happen, sack him now!"

Yeah, it's funny how those lamenting the departures of Dawes, Wellingham, Shaw, Ceglar, Beams et al, and how that's obviously impacted on our capacity to remain competitive and and ripped the heart out of the club, are the very same people who constantly want <insert players name> traded because he's no good, or injury prone, or whatever other bullshoit reason.

And Geelong had a lot of soft tissue injuries before they won a lot of premierships.

Look at Hawthorn post 2008 GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say it words that you can understand.

If Reid didn't get injured we win the 2011 premiership.

What part are yo not getting?

OMFG... seriously!

If Greening hadn't been king hit behind the play in 1972, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Millane hadn't had that car accident, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Lee Walker's knee's weren't stuffed, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Tom Davidson's knee's weren't stuffed, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Danny Roach hadn't got a back injury, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Sean Rusling's shoulders weren't stuffed, we win the 2011 premiership...

All equally ridiculous and unprovable hypothetical crap...

I'm assuming that's what you're trying to say, feel free to clarify, maybe smaller words...

Really. Thing is, he's an All Australian, who with Cloke could have been a killer combination. And he's not replaceable. You could take out a couple of midfielders and still have some replacements. But key forwards? Nope. With Reid, I think we might have edged into top-4, now we're fighting for the 8, in my opinion.

How many games did he play in the first half of 2014? What was our ladder position early in the year?

Given the last few years, it's a bit more than that, isn't it? Seen in context, I'm pretty worried.

Being worried doesn't mean we run a warm bath, grab some razor blades, and throw some Leonard Cohen on the stereo for 1 final lament...

OMFG... seriously!

If Greening hadn't been king hit behind the play in 1972, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Millane hadn't had that car accident, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Lee Walker's knee's weren't stuffed, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Tom Davidson's knee's weren't stuffed, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Danny Roach hadn't got a back injury, we win the 2011 premiership...
If Sean Rusling's shoulders weren't stuffed, we win the 2011 premiership...

All equally ridiculous and unprovable hypothetical crap...

I'm assuming that's what you're trying to say, feel free to clarify, maybe smaller words...

Mine still makes allot more sense.

The only truth is that none of them can be tested, just baseless theories.

Most theories are baseless, but at least mine makes sense and I have taken the effort to back it up. You've just typed up a bunch of crap.

Most theories are baseless, but at least mine makes sense and I have taken the effort to back it up. You've just typed up a bunch of crap.

For a theory to be accepted it has to be proven.

Really? That was not the tone I got from your message...."I will say it in words you can understand"

A little condescending don't you think?

My original comment was this isn't the first time a injury to Reid has cost. Weather you want believe that a fully fit Reid would have got us over the line or not it certainly would have improved our chances in 2011.

My condescending tone came from your nit picking "Reid's injury is not a conscious life form capable of independent thought."

My original comment was this isn't the first time a injury to Reid has cost. Weather you want believe that a fully fit Reid would have got us over the line or not it certainly would have improved our chances in 2011.

My condescending tone came from your nit picking "Reid's injury is not a conscious life form capable of independent thought."

Your probably right. Sorry.

Me, typed up a bunch of crap, and here was me thinking that's what you'd done... silly me! Repeating it over and over doesn't constitute "the effort to back it up", still just a baseless claim that you can't prove, no more or less sensical than what I typed, only difference, I'm not trying to pass mine off as some fait accompli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back