Travel Worst Towns/Suburbs in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you men Narrabri? It's not even bad I though?

Yeah, that's why I said it might not have been that bad. It's probably more the fact I had been stuffed in the back of a station wagon for a day and a half. I looked at pictures of the town and it seems ok enough.

Speaking of worst suburbs. There was once upon a time when Ascot Vale was one of the worst suburbs in Melbourne. Man, hasn't the place changed. I was shocked at the amount of “hipsters” especially young females parading through the place. When did this place change? When the Coles was built? Still somewhat dodgy but nothing compared to years ago.

Speaking of worst suburbs. There was once upon a time when Ascot Vale was one of the worst suburbs in Melbourne. Man, hasn't the place changed. I was shocked at the amount of “hipsters” especially young females parading through the place. When did this place change? When the Coles was built? Still somewhat dodgy but nothing compared to years ago.
Same could be said for Williamstown, Newport, Spotswood and Yarraville.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankston can't reasonably be called the worst in Melbourne. Middle class people wanting to live by the beach have spent the last 20 years moving in. The 'less desirables' have steadily been forced to move inland to other suburbs.

It's definitely a popular suburb. The sizeable public housing makes an interesting dichotomy, keeping rental prices down so hip youngsters can still live there.

Same could be said for Williamstown, Newport, Spotswood and Yarraville.

It's happening to every inner suburb with a train station. People who want to live near the CBD but don't want to pay inner-east prices are taking over. Even Footscray, sloooowly but surely (bump this thread in 20 years).

Last edited:
Andamooka in the North of SA is a place town planning forgot, looks like a scene from Mad Max.
That place was my old man's idea of a day out for us on school holidays, fly up to Roxby , visit to Bill McDougall's pub and a bit of opal fossicking. No wonder my brother and I didn't want to go into the family business.

Seacombe Heights in Adelaide. Very dangerous, ask anyone from Adelaide and they'll tell you to never walk down Seacombe Road at night. Shithole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back